riffwraith2's profile

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

Thursday, December 1st, 2022 5:11 PM

Closed

X1 box telling me to speak to the remote to change the channel

Hi

Recently, I started seeing a message after I go to some stations. It happens infrequently, but is annoying:

Next time change the channel by saying MLB Network (or whatever station)

Voice control is off and if I go to settings (gear icon bottom right), all notifications are off.

Two customer service reps were unable to help me.

How do I turn this off?

Thanks in advance.  

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

Sorry about that! Can you do a system refresh on your box and let us know if it resolves the issue. Here's how to perform a system refresh: 

1. Press the A button on your remote control, or visit the Help section in Settings.
  2. Highlight the System Refresh tile, and press OK.
  3. Please remember that performing a System Refresh will interrupt all X1 TVs and recordings in your home for up to 10 minutes. If you would like to proceed, highlight Refresh Now, and press OK.
  4. Once the System Refresh is in progress, don't unplug or turn off any of your TV Boxes, which will automatically restart during this process.
  5. The X1 Welcome screen will appear after the TV Box restarts.
  6. Once the System Refresh has been completed, your TV Box will return to live TV.

Give it a try and let us know if you still see the same issue. 

This comment was created from this reply

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there @riffwraith2 It seems as though that is a reminder of a cool feature that you can use. Did you still need assistance with this?

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

Yes I still need assistance with this. How do I turn this off? TY

(edited)

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

2 years ago

Let me know if you turn the notifications off, if it goes away. Here is the link to help guide you https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-notification-center.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

Hi 

Did you see in my OP where I said:

Voice control is off and if I go to settings (gear icon bottom right), all notifications are off.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

2 years ago

I have this same problem.  I have talked with customer service three times.  This started last week with notifications like “Next time, change the channel by saying CBS.”  I don’t use voice commands. I dont want “cool features”. If i go to Settings, Preferences, Notifications, i have only one that is on and that is to show who is calling on my voice line.  This area of Settings is supposed to contol this type of unwanted notification message.  Why isnt it?  If i need to repost this somewhere else, please tell me.  I dont want to make a fourth call to go through this all over again with a clueless person.  Comcast did some update that messed this up.

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

Hello @cambridge and thank you for bringing this concern regarding the voice remote notification features to our attention here at the Xfinity Community Forums. Have you attempted the solution posted above in this thread with steps for a system refresh? Please let me know if the problem continues to persist after this step.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@XfinityShaina​ I followed the solution posted per telephone customer service and on my own.  My Settings indicated Voice Control and Voice Suggestions OFF.  I hadn't changed anything.  The notifications finally disappeared after repeated refreshes over several days and have been gone for 2 days.  It would be nice to know what has happened.  Did Comcast unleash an update that circumvented our established settings?

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@cambridge There is a good chance that a feature was updated and caused the settings to change but I am not seeing any reports that this occurred. I am glad to hear that the issue is now resolved. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

91 Messages

@XfinityZacharyA​ The issue is not resolved.  This message just appeared after 2 days of good behavior: "Next time change the channel by saying CBS"  Can't someone FIX THIS?  If you are not seeing any reports, what has actually been done?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@cambridge, I am sorry to hear that this has not been resolved. Have you tried to restart your cable box?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I have concluded there is no way to turn off this "next time try __" message.  No settings work and system refresh makes no difference.  Just an irritating bug that Comcast needs to fix.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

1. How do I get rid of this?

2. I was told to start a private convo - I see no place to check the status

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @riffwraith2. Thank you for circling back. I ask that you send me another DM, so I can help you further. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message. Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be here on standby. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here