U

Friday, February 9th, 2024 12:42 AM

Why is Reelz channel not recording on my DVR

All of a sudden Reelz channel will not record on my DVR. When I try to record some shows on Reelz, it shows a circle with a line through it, while other shows won't even show the circle at all

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

14 days ago

Having the same problem. Scheduled to record tonight and did not

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Just hit record while watching and still not recording

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

13 days ago

Same here reels 1429 not recording when schedule

Official Employee

• 

970 Messages

We are sorry to hear you are also experiencing this issue @Ehoz. Are you experiencing this issue with any other channels? When attempting to record, do you experience any error messages by chance? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

13 days ago

Hey there, @user_iym6kz, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Reelz channel. Are you only having issues with recording from this channel? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?

2 Messages

Yes, the issue is only with the Reelz channel.  My daughter was able to set it to record from her phone and it finally did record.

Official Employee

• 

982 Messages

@user_iym6kz That is great to hear Reelz is a go-to for us on the weekend, so I understand not wanting to miss anything. When you have some time you may want to sync your DVR box directly. You can do that by hitting the Xfinity button on your X1 remote and toggling right to the gear from the settings, going down to device settings, and then at the bottom you will see Sync DVR. Follow the prompts it takes just a moment to complete and that should help with any issues you have with scheduling and setting recordings up. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Sync did nothing. All other channels seem to be recording fine. Only have issue with Reelz

Official Employee

• 

982 Messages

@servantdoc Thank you so much for letting us know you are still running into issues with setting recordings on Reelz. If you have already attempted the sync and that was not able to restore your options I would be happy to take a closer look for you. In the meantime, I would try the Xfinity Stream app to see if you can set up/schedule a recording there and when you have some time, send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here