U

Friday, February 9th, 2024 12:42 AM

Closed

Why is Reelz channel not recording on my DVR

All of a sudden Reelz channel will not record on my DVR. When I try to record some shows on Reelz, it shows a circle with a line through it, while other shows won't even show the circle at all

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

7 months ago

Having the same problem. Scheduled to record tonight and did not

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Just hit record while watching and still not recording

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Same problem!  It was set to record, and keeps dropping the recording!  I reset it, and it drops the recording!  I have synced the dvr, but still keeps refusing to record programs from Reelz!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 months ago

Same here reels 1429 not recording when schedule

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We are sorry to hear you are also experiencing this issue @Ehoz. Are you experiencing this issue with any other channels? When attempting to record, do you experience any error messages by chance? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

No error message!  I synced the DVR and still keeps having a problem recording "On Patrol First Shift", and "On Patrol LIVE".  It's set to record all the shows(new and repeat), and keep for one year!  Plenty of storage space!  I have reset it to record it as a single program, and now I think it's recording it, as it is indicating it is!  Please advise as to the next step.  It's obvious I am not the only one with this problem!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

PlumtreeTV Thank you so much for letting us know you are having issues with Reelz and recording a few shows. I know you have attempted the DVR sync already and are still running into issues. Have you by chance used the troubleshooting TV option in your Xfinity app? If you select the Something else option from issues at the bottom it does go into DVR troubleshooting and has the option for series recording no longer records after selecting the number of boxes and what box you are working with. Following these steps will run through more than the sync for you and cover most of the steps we have access to. If not successful in resolving your issue you can even set up a technician appointment as well. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Where did reels go? We had it last

week

now 1429 is gone?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

7 months ago

Hey there, @user_iym6kz, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Reelz channel. Are you only having issues with recording from this channel? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?

2 Messages

Yes, the issue is only with the Reelz channel.  My daughter was able to set it to record from her phone and it finally did record.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_iym6kz That is great to hear Reelz is a go-to for us on the weekend, so I understand not wanting to miss anything. When you have some time you may want to sync your DVR box directly. You can do that by hitting the Xfinity button on your X1 remote and toggling right to the gear from the settings, going down to device settings, and then at the bottom you will see Sync DVR. Follow the prompts it takes just a moment to complete and that should help with any issues you have with scheduling and setting recordings up. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Sync did nothing. All other channels seem to be recording fine. Only have issue with Reelz

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@servantdoc Thank you so much for letting us know you are still running into issues with setting recordings on Reelz. If you have already attempted the sync and that was not able to restore your options I would be happy to take a closer look for you. In the meantime, I would try the Xfinity Stream app to see if you can set up/schedule a recording there and when you have some time, send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

1 Message

Same problem!  I have set the DVR to record all shows, and the live recordings of "On Patrol First shift", and On Patrol LIVE" are disappearing!  I talked to the chat agent, and the only suggestion was to sync the DVR.  This did not bring back the scheduled recording!  To be clear, I checked the DVR, and it indicated that these programs were recording, and I came back to watch them, and they disappeared!  This has happened for several weeks!  I am getting tired of the programs disappearing!  I pay extra for the DVR, and would appreciate a fix to it!  Thanks.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Same problem!  It was set to record, and keeps dropping the recording!  I reset it, and it drops the recording!  I have synced the dvr, but still keeps refusing to record programs from Reelz!

2 Messages

Exact same issue here too

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_70jiln,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We would be more than happy to look into your issue with recording the Reelz channel. On Patrol: Live is on of my favorite shows that I frequently watch on that channel. Are you getting any error code or error message while attempting to place a scheduled recording or record while live?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

We are also having this problem for a few weeks. We have our DVR set to record "On Patrol First Shift" and "On Patrol Live." Both recordings show up under Scheduled and when you search in the guide both shows have the three red dots next to them indicating they are scheduled to record. Once the show is airing live, we check our DVR and the show is recording. We like to watch it from the recording so we can fast forward through commercials and typically finish watching the next day. However, for the past few weeks, when we go back to our DVR the next day to pick up where we stopped watching, the recording is gone! It is not in our deleted folder and we synched the DVR and it has been corrected the issue. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here