JLP57's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Why has the amber LED on my X1 DVR been on recently while watching TV?

During the last few days when watching TV , the amber LED on my DVR comes on and stays on. Any ideas why?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

That doesn’t really answer the question ...... and “don’t worry about it “ doesn’t work in an age when big tech companies spy on their customers

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@RENAGADEPETIE
The camera on the face of the DVR is disabled.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just a thought...is it a data light?  Possibly alerting of data tracking?  Are your settings allowing for data tracking or do you have any control over it?  Did you give permissions to Comcast/Xfinity to track data?  New rules passed by Congress may allow tracking as it seems Fortune has an article on that.  https://fortune.com/2017/03/27/online-privacy-data-collection-verizon-att-comcast-congress/

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

This worked for me.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Ha..that’s why I’m here this morning. Noticed it last night.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Because it wasn’t on and now it is. It won’t go off. It Will with a reboot but only temporary.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

ComcastTeds -

When I went to the Comcast store to get a new DVR, the employee there tried to give me the same model. You need to share with your employees that there is a problem with this model so people won’t waste their time coming home with a box that’s going to do the same thing as the one they just traded in.

Because I’ve been reading these what seems like hundreds of comments in this thread, I told the guy I did not want the same model, I wanted the newer 4K model. He then told me that if I got the 4K model without having a 4K TV, my resolution would go from 1080p to 780i. Told him I would take my chances.

Brought the box home and my resolution is still 1080p. And there’s no annoying amber light.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@macfin62 wrote:

Just a thought...is it a data light?  Possibly alerting of data tracking?  Are your settings allowing for data tracking or do you have any control over it?  Did you give permissions to Comcast/Xfinity to track data?  New rules passed by Congress may allow tracking as it seems Fortune has an article on that.  https://fortune.com/2017/03/27/online-privacy-data-collection-verizon-att-comcast-congress/

Apologies. This behavior is not intentional or expected. Nothing nefarious is going on here.  Our team has identified the tehnical issue with the light on certain models of X1 devices and there is an upcoming update that will correct this errant behavior. Thanks for your patience.

I think that is all that needs to be said.  The issue was a small light and now we know Comcast techs know about it.  Wait for the update.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@macfin62 wrote:

Apologies. This behavior is not intentional or expected. Nothing nefarious is going on here.  Our team has identified the tehnical issue with the light on certain models of X1 devices and there is an upcoming update that will correct this errant behavior. Thanks for your patience.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Yhanks for the info about the Box

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Turning device lights off did not do it for me. My clock went out but the amber light stayed on. 

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@JodieNJ wrote:
ComcastTeds -

When I went to the Comcast store to get a new DVR, the employee there tried to give me the same model. You need to share with your employees that there is a problem with this model so people won’t waste their time coming home with a box that’s going to do the same thing as the one they just traded in.

Because I’ve been reading these what seems like hundreds of comments in this thread, I told the guy I did not want the same model, I wanted the newer 4K model. He then told me that if I got the 4K model without having a 4K TV, my resolution would go from 1080p to 780i. Told him I would take my chances.

Brought the box home and my resolution is still 1080p. And there’s no annoying amber light.

Did you try all your TV's HDMI ports?

You misunderstood my post. The Comcast guy told me that I would have a problem with a 4K box with my HD TV. There is NO problem.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

@JodieNJ wrote:

You misunderstood my post. The Comcast guy told me that I would have a problem with a 4K box with my HD TV. There is NO problem.

You should be able to set the xg1v4 output to 720 or 1080 for non-4k TVs.  Or in most cases it will automatically detect what the TV can accept.  Most Comcast content is 720p anyway and just upscaled if you set it higher.   The local broadcast channels may keep the native 1080i format and some of the apps can deliver 4k content.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

My point was that the Comcast employee told me that I would get a lower resolution on my TV then I was getting  if I got a 4K box. He tried to talk me out of getting the 4K box. He was wrong.. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Sure hope this gets fixed soon!  There have been an awful lot of posts for a silly little light.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here