JLP57's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Why has the amber LED on my X1 DVR been on recently while watching TV?

During the last few days when watching TV , the amber LED on my DVR comes on and stays on. Any ideas why?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion to reset the Device Lights.  I set the clock and the Power button to the lowest level and the amber Data light finally went off.  I am hoping this does the trick for good, because unplugging the box and restarting helped only temporarily.  

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

My take on this Data light issue?  I have my X1 box set to take it's daily update between midnight and 1am.  I believe my X1 box isn't taking the update which throws the Data light on.  The reason I think this is because my X1 seems to work ok with the Data light on (so I was ignoring the data light) but after a few days, the menus start acting goofy, slowing down.  The Fast Forward starts to get a few second delay and everything seems to lag.  So, I reboot the box.  The Data light goes out and the X1 box works perfectly again.  Until the power saver kicks in and you turn on the box, back comes the data light.  Bottom line?  I think Comcast sends down an update and my box (and others) don't answer the call tripping the Data light.  After a few days of ignoring the issue, the X1 box starts acting weird requiring a forced reboot.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

How would we proceed to get a box shipped with shipping charges waived.  What do you need from me?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Emtronics wrote:

My take on this Data light issue?  I have my X1 box set to take it's daily update between midnight and 1am.  I believe my X1 box isn't taking the update which throws the Data light on.  The reason I think this is because my X1 seems to work ok with the Data light on (so I was ignoring the data light) but after a few days, the menus start acting goofy, slowing down.  The Fast Forward starts to get a few second delay and everything seems to lag.  So, I reboot the box.  The Data light goes out and the X1 box works perfectly again.  Until the power saver kicks in and you turn on the box, back comes the data light.  Bottom line?  I think Comcast sends down an update and my box (and others) don't answer the call tripping the Data light.  After a few days of ignoring the issue, the X1 box starts acting weird requiring a forced reboot.  

Apologies . There is no cost to replace your box for another at any of our retail locations, or we can ship you a replacement box and waive the shipping charges, just let us know what you would like to do so we can make this right for you.  Thanks for your patience.    

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@showbizmanager wrote:

How would we proceed to get a box shipped with shipping charges waived.  What do you need from me?

I can start that process for you. Thanks for your patience.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

OK cool.  where do we start?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

@showbizmanager wrote:

OK cool.  where do we start?

It's already started. @CCElla will reach out to you via PM (Private Message) to confirm.   

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Apologies for the issue and the experience that was described above.

Our teams are aware of this occurring on certain older models and versions of the X1 boxes. The teams are still reviewing the root cause.

A few things below:

- As we use RF Pairing for our X1 boxes and remote controls, the box needn’t be visible at all; the XG1 can be completely hidden from view.

- Setting the Device Lights setting to zero or off will turn the light off.

- Some customers have also reported that they got the light to stay off after turning off Power Saver feature.

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for this issue.

You say this occurs  on an older model/version of your X1 boxes. Yet when I go into your app to find a newer model/version, I am told I have the latest.

it's not only this box messed up, your app is confused as well? Very annoying for a service that I pay $$$/month.

What is the latest version of your DVR and how do I get one without having to disconnect everything, bring it all to one of your stores, and find that you don't have anything for me there?

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@JoyceGalena wrote:

Upgrade, why would I upgrade,  I would upgrade if it was for free ... COMCASTS  equipment has a problem ....why do I have to deal with it ?

Comcast should take care of it .

Their  Equipment failed...  I pay my bill every month never ever have been late.... highly recommend Comcast to all my friends I’m done with that.... unless somebody takes care of this issue and it doesn’t cost me a service call or a charge of any kind ....

most of my friends and  acquaintances in my neighborhood association switched to Comcast on my recommendation... 

I am SOOOOO disappointed......

Apologies, we provided a few options above while the team tracks this down. 

There is no cost to replace your box for another at any of our retail locations, or we can ship you a replacement box and waive the shipping charges, just let us know what you would like to do so we can make this right for you.  Thanks for your patience.    

I would like a replacement DVR along with the box that goes with it for my bedroom shipped to me with shipping charges waived.  Your app tells me that I have the latest model DVR, but it's obvious I do not. I would like the latest DVR AND the "slave" box that goes with it.

What do I have to do to get these replacements? I thought I had the latest boxes. I would like to have the latest boxes. And I don't want to look at this yellow light anymore.

Contributor

• 

193 Messages

5 years ago

@John1455 wrote:

A reboot made my data light go off but as soon as the box was turned on again, so did the data light. I finally got the light to turn off after reading a post from another poster.

I went to the menu screen to the section that adjusts the brightness of devices. Turned the setting to OFF and then back to where I had it. Data light turned off...finally!!!

As with other posters, I had NO messages from xfinity.

This only works for an hour or two, and then the amber light always comes back.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

same problem.

a person at ComCast told me it means I am connected at high speed.

I don't buy it

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Going to the menu and turning off the power brigness to off and then back on did the trick to turn the amber light off. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

that worked for me!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Thank you. Changing the brightness worked for me too.

Contributor

• 

134 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@showbizmanager wrote:

I can start that process for you. Thanks for your patience.  

I just had the data light issue today, and turning the lights off and on again worked.  My box has been running very slow lately, and I'll be getting a new 4k TV this Christmas, so I was wondering if I could have a 4K box shipped to me also.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here