JLP57's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Why has the amber LED on my X1 DVR been on recently while watching TV?

During the last few days when watching TV , the amber LED on my DVR comes on and stays on. Any ideas why?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

5 years ago

Apologies for the issue and the experience that was described above.

Our teams are aware of this occurring on certain older models and versions of the X1 boxes. The teams are still reviewing the root cause.

A few things below:

- As we use RF Pairing for our X1 boxes and remote controls, the box needn’t be visible at all; the XG1 can be completely hidden from view.

- Setting the Device Lights setting to zero or off will turn the light off.

- Some customers have also reported that they got the light to stay off after turning off Power Saver feature.

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for this issue.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@JLP57 wrote:

During the last few days when watching TV , the amber LED on my DVR comes on and stays on. Any ideas why?

while watching live tv, press the 'Left' button. are there notifications?  if so, select the X to clear. did the LED go off?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@JLP57 wrote:

while watching live tv, press the 'Left' button. are there notifications?  if so, select the X to clear. did the LED go off?

No joy. There were no notifications. Annoying amber LED still lit.

Comcast had no idea. They stated "Maybe the light is broken" !!

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I should have stated that it's a X-1 DVR box.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Cable box........the yellow data light is on solid and there are no messages ?

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing here, solid yellow light no messages. Anyone?

Contributor

• 

95 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing.   Goes out for a while with a restart.  Going to assume since it's not just me that they pushed out another buggy update.  Yay...........

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

yellow light came on notifying me of a new message.  I read it and deleted it, but light stays on.

Contributor

• 

95 Messages

5 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

It might mean you have a message.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-text-messaging-notifications

I've seen the dot on the cog wheel many times.  When I go to look it always says there's no messages.  Been like that for a couple years now.  No idea on that.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here, I didnt notice it before today

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here. Double checked and no messages, pulled power for a minute and the box took a while to initialize, but the solid yellow data light is still there

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I've been encountering the same issue for the last couple of weeks.

It's not Xfinity voice mail (those messages have all been delited), it's not Xfinity system messages (there were none).

If I reboot the DVR, the light goes away.  But it's there again in the morning.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

i'm having the same problem, unplug and reboot and it goes away for a few hours then comes back.

Problem Solver

• 

535 Messages

5 years ago

@NotThatGuy wrote:
Same here. Double checked and no messages, pulled power for a minute and the box took a while to initialize, but the solid yellow data light is still there

Same here - checked and no message - scrolled to "Help" with remote and refreshed signal and it went out. So did we for 8 hours or so, came home put on TV and yellow light beside clock is back?

(Again, no messages???)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have noticed the same on my X1 box and I, too, do not have any new notifications (any notifications, in fact).

No remedies identified??
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here