TerriB's profile

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

Friday, January 18th, 2019 11:00 AM

Closed

What happened to Smart Resume?

Smart Resume is no longer working on programs it worked on in recent history. We have not made any changes to any scheduled recordings or settings and its still toggled on in Comcast Labs. Watching last night's 'How to Get Away with Murder' which airs on ABC  which as always had Smart Resume and its not showing up.  New season started last night and I completely forgot that I missed the last two from last season in Nov ( they got 'lost' in our long DVR list I guess)  while we were on vacation and was catching up and smart resume was on both those recordings but when I went to watch first episode of this season from last night it was not  there.  Same experience with Chicago PD this week which airs on NBC. Please help me understand. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

Bubbah.
Smart Resume was only designed in Labs to work in prime time on the four major networks...nbc,ab.
c,fox,cbs.No others.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Mine disappeared yesterday. It worked on more stations than Comcast says. I have been using that feature for quite sometime with no problem. Bring it back!

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@RickGr4 wrote:
Smart Resume has been a bit inconsistent for me but in general it works as advertised on the four main networks during prime time.

Like Auto Extend, Smart Resume is a game changing feature and Comcast needs to get this right.

===

I agree that other than some inconsistences it works as advertised on the 4 networks it was designed for during the Labs process....NBC, FOX, ABC, CBS in prime time . I do not understand how some can say it works on networks other than those and would sure like someone from Comcast to comment on this.

@ComcastJessie...can you help with this issue as to whether Smart Resume does in fact work on networks other than the 'big' four? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Maybe it's the cynic in me but I can't help but think that the advertiser's commercials that we are skipping by using Smart Resume raised a stink with the networks who raised a stink with Comcast.  Big money is paid to air those commercials and the advertisers get zero bang for their bucks from those of us who skip commercials.  Personally, I seldom watch live TV so I FF through the commercial blabber anyhow.   It's the same outcome but not so much in the advertiser's face.   Smart Resume just made it easier for me.  I miss it!

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

capbanks, have you tried disabling and re-enabling? I was able to use smart resume the other day!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

adding.... if you are not a nielson family, your viewing of anything is not 'seen' nor counted. not TV not PC not smart device viewing.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Had a program on last night would not do smart resume.  Went to different episode of daily program today and smart resume was working.  Why some of the time but not all the time on same program?  Frustrating!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yes

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@Heleneok1 wrote:

Had a program on last night would not do smart resume.  Went to different episode of daily program today and smart resume was working.  Why some of the time but not all the time on same program?  Frustrating!!!

Are these Saved Recordings?

==

This happens to us frequently.  Watched several episodes of a saved recording of Big Brother the other day and Smart Resume worked on some and not others. 

We were told on this forum a while back that Smart Resume is in 'Labs' so may not be consistent. I didn't like that answer particularly but nothing I can do about it. In a perfect world Smart Resume would become permanent platform feature and NOT just on the major networks. You get spoiled real fast.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

Now that  Smart Resume is out of Labs and part of preferences its really acting erratically. We have dozens of shows on the major networks set for weekly recording and on certain episodes of the same show Smart Resume works and on others it doesn't.  Smart Resume has spoiled us so much! Happening on all four major networks . In Is anyone working on the Smart Resume function? Please update us.

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

5 years ago

Works great when I record Days of Our Lives Mon-Fri on NBC. 🙂

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

Happy it's working for your daytime show. We record series on all 4 major networks 8-11 every single night with no consistency iwith smart resume .

@OldTVGuide wrote:

Works great when I record Days of Our Lives Mon-Fri on NBC. :

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

Nice to see they added a few other networks but I had to wonder why they picked such as MTV. I would like to see USA and ION. 

I still have big  concerns that there is no consistency in which qualified recorded episodes in weekly series  have Smart Resume capabilities. Frankly its worse now than it was when the function was in Labs.

Is anyone looking into this?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Not working on Days of Our Lives for me.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I guess I am befuddled about Smart Resume on day time shows. While it was in Labs it was only available in evening  prime time and the new description posted on here does not say what time of day its available. Anyone know ?

Is this the description you are referring to?

YES it is. Am I crazy or was it just in prime time when in Labs? Shouldn't the description mention time of day or are we to assume that it works 24x7 now?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/dvr-smart-resume

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here