U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 22nd, 2022 11:25 AM

Closed

Vudu fandango screen

My cable tv keeps getting interrupted by the VUDU FANDANGO screen (pops up every 10 seconds) and then goes to a black screen.  How so I get this to stop?  It has been happening continually since I started the tv and cable box this morning

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

All,

This appears to be related to the Vudu app on Smart TVs. If you continue to experience this issue we ask that you contact the television manufacturer and/or Vudu directly. 

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

When I turned on my TV in the morning after setting the sleep timer on my Sony remote the night before "Vudu Fandango" would start flashing on the screen.  I called Sony and the tech remotely removed the Vudu app from my TV.  Perhaps it is too soon to know for sure if this solved the problem but it didn't happen this morning.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@alirena​ It's been a week since the Vudu app has been removed from my Sony TV and I no longer get "Vudu Fandango" flashing on the screen the morning after using the sleep timer on my remote.

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @user_a17eb2. Thank you for creating this post and for reaching out to us via our forums. We can definitely look into this issue for you. Have you restarted the cable box or gone through the cable box troubleshooting steps?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is happening to me, too!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_37e58c, I can see how that unwanted Vudu screen would get annoying after a while. Is this happening on your X1 platform? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken? These details will help get us on the same page and tackle this the right way. Additionally, any other details you can provide will help tremendously. I look forward to working with you.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is happening on my tv too. I have Re booted  everything and it still keeps coming up every few seconds and then the screen goes blank. 

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

Hi! I'd like to find a solution to this problem since it sounds like a few people are experiencing it. Are you streaming live TV when this happens? Or using the app, DVR, On Demand, etc.? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

How do I fix this? mine is doing it now also.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

@user_76aec0, Thank you for reaching out to us. If you are ever experiencing issues with your equipment/services, you can troubleshoot your devices by downloading the XFINITY My Account app. You can also manage your account and appointments with the XFINITY My Account app or web link https://comca.st/3xi6xNv. I really love this app, I use it all the time when I have concerns with my services. The other day my services were acting up, once I ran a few troubleshooting steps I got my Internet working properly before it was a bit sluggish. I highly recommend using this app whenever needed. I love that Comcast does an amazing job of making it easy for you to manage your account and services online. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Now it’s happening to me, we do not stream Anything and this is pissing me off! We reboot and turn on the tv and there it is again! Fix this Comcast! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

This is happening to us now with this screen, we do not stream anything!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m having the same Vudu/Fandango issue and after reading every post as well as every response, I’m not seeing anything that is helpful or anything that doesn’t look like a computer generated response. Of course, I’m sure you still want my bill paid on time each month. Not hard to see where your priorities lie…..

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Greetings, @user_5e8065. Thank you for making us aware of the fact that you're experiencing this issue as well. I apologize if the responses seem automated, we are a live team working on trying to get a better understanding of the issue at hand. I see where some of my colleagues have asked where/when this issue is occurring. With that said, could you please confirm if this issue is happening on Live Tv, on the Xfinity Stream app, or on OnDemand content? Also, are you getting any error messages or error codes along with this issue? 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is happening to us all day on all channels. What is the solution? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

The only solution that I have found is to literally shut down the cable box and internet modem (shut off power) for 10 seconds which seems to reboot the system.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This Vudu Fandango is now happening to us while watching live TV. The Xfinity tech Rep I’m working with rebooted, updated, and directed  us unplug. The issues are still persisting. The Xfinity Rep has done all he can and states he will forward this issue to the tech dept. He said I will receive a text in 1 hour to check status of issue.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Cobblestone4104​ - we ended up deleting the app off of our smart tv and that fixed the problem.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

How do you delete the app. I don’t even stream anything. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It’s keep happening with my tv. Why??????

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello, @user_c01dee and thread. We want to get to the bottom of the problem so you can enjoy your TV service once again. The questions we ask help to narrow down the problem so we can find the root cause. I see this is happening on Live TV. Is the screen popping up right away or does it seem like a screensaver trying to pop up on the screen after a few minutes? Does anyone see this issue in On Demand, while watching DVR, or apps? Does pressing Exit get rid of the screen or only restarting the cable box does that? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same problem with me.  We had Hurricane Ian 2 weeks ago.  Ever since things are not right.  I just cancelled Xfinity cable and gave them back their boxes.  Still have Xfinity internet and I have been streaming.  Screen while on pause sometimes just goes black as it should, but then there is a faint VUDU logo on a gray background.  Only way to easily get rid of it is to turn off power to TV plug for 5 seconds and reboot TV

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here