U

Saturday, May 11th, 2024 8:34 PM

Voice guidance loop

I am trying to connect the new cable box that was sent to my grandparents, and it just keeps asking if I would like to use voice guidance. No matter how many times I select an option, that screen just keeps popping up. I cannot do anything with their TV now except for watch DVDs.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

4 months ago

Hi there! Are you still having trouble with the setup? I would love to help. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

1 Message

4 months ago

I have the same problem. I’ve been on the phone with two different technicians spending several hours on this. I can’t get the box to stop asking about voice guidance. I’m stuck in a loop and now it won’t work.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_30vhv4 We would recommend following these steps to disable voice guidance:

1. tap the B key on your remote to open the Accessibility Settings screen.
2. Tap B again to reopen the On/Off menu. 
3. Press OK to turn voice guidance off.

- (You can also get here at any time just by holding down the voice control button and saying "Voice guidance.")

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

Just had a technician here for this exact issue. He held the remote directly on top of the box and finally it accepted the remote’s response! I was trying from about 3 feet away with no success and nobody on the help lines told me to get immediately by the box….but that’s what solved the issue! So get super super close to box and try again. Hope you have luck with this! 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Good Morning, user_qp7otx! Thank you so much for sharing the details regarding the fix that worked for you getting the Remote issue resolved. Please let us know if you have any other questions or questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here