U

Tuesday, May 21st, 2024 12:25 AM

Upgrade TV service

We have been trying to upgrade our TV service for a couple of years (true).  We have very old boxes and now no longer get "on demand".  We have been told: - the signal to our house has to travel so far service will be spotty,   we can dig up your driveway and drill holes in your house to run a cable through,   the machine to drill under the driveway does not have enough room and will destroy your neighbors lawn,   this is a vast amount of work and I am not qualified to do it,   you need an amplifier(put in),   you do not need an amplifier (taken out).  There are more but these are the basic.

Ideally we would like to have Xfinity TV, internet and voice service and at a minimum just upgrade TV service to new boxes and better service.  Since we currently have TV service we do not understand why we can not upgrade.

Perhaps a senior tech would be available to come to the house and assess the situation and give us a reasonable explanation on why an upgrade can not be done.  We are hoping that new technology is now available that will allow us to upgrade.

Thank you for whatever help you can provide

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

24 days ago

Hey there, user_gsdu8i, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your TV services. We definitely want you to have the best services. I would be happy to take a look at your location to check on if there is anything else that can be done to upgrade your equipment. Can you please send us a Direct Message? 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

2 Messages

Issue has been resolved - only took 2 tech visits

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_gsdu8i, thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. I'm glad they were able to get it fixed for you. If you do ever have questions or concerns though, we are here to help. I hope you have an awesome weekend!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here