schnappsy's profile

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Upcoming X1 Updates

I am sick and tired of all the shows being held in the cloud are basically unwatchable. They start, pause, skip and it looks like SD instead of HD. This has been going on for weeks off and on. What’s the scoop on why?

EVERY single show we try to watch is in the cloud DVR and stopping and starting. How do I see what’s in the cloud? Better yet, someone please explain how things get recorded to a cloud? If it’s on the DVR it plays just fine. How do I move the shows on the cloud to my DVR because the cloud is obviously not working. Prices go up and I have to give things up to keep the prices down. I’m not a happy Comcast customer at this point!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

496 Messages

5 years ago

I understand the frustration but my thinking is that they likely are not making the weather app on the tv a priority because of the fact most people have an iPhone or another smartphone or a tablet of some kind that all have built in weather applications. I can’t guarantee this is why but it makes the most logical sense.

Regular Contributor

• 

496 Messages

5 years ago

This is weird. Our upcoming updates thread got renamed and merged into some unrelated thread about cloud. I hope this is not permanent and we will still receive notifications when people post to the "Upcoming X1 Updates" thread.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

This is weird. Our upcoming updates thread got renamed and merged into some unrelated thread about cloud. I hope this is not permanent and we will still receive notifications when people post to the "Upcoming X1 Updates" thread.

I just moved that post that did not belong here.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

DVR doesn't stutter but still looks like it was recorded on a potatoe and only 2.0 sound

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I agree! Buffering isn’t working right. Skips to current show, you rewind to point of buffer start, it plays a minute and then bounces back to current time.

Some channels are “unavailable at this time”, recordings skip, won’t play or, as someone said in another post, it asks if you want to record streamed episode. Then it still skipped, locked up or wouldn’t play right.

My Xfinity X1 experience has been a nightmare and huge disappointment for what we pay.

I think Comcast owes its customers a big credit for over a month of major issues. We deserve that courtesy.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Formica1 wrote:

I agree! Buffering isn’t working right. Skips to current show, you rewind to point of buffer start, it plays a minute and then bounces back to current time.

Some channels are “unavailable at this time”, recordings skip, won’t play or, as someone said in another post, it asks if you want to record streamed episode. Then it still skipped, locked up or wouldn’t play right.

My Xfinity X1 experience has been a nightmare and huge disappointment for what we pay.

I think Comcast owes its customers a big credit for over a month of major issues. We deserve that courtesy.

your post has nothing to do with updates. post in X1 if you wish to receive help with your X1 service (sounds like your signal levels are dreadful).

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, my post has to do with updates. Everything worked great until recordings were moved to a cloud format. Now you can’t depend on anything that used to be done effortlessly.

Regular Contributor

• 

244 Messages

5 years ago

He's correct.   See the main topic:  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Upcoming-X1-Updates/m-p/2339707/highlight/true#M169042

Unfortunately someone earlier posted to this topic about the recent DVR/Cloud playback issues and many others jumped on board.

FYI if you have a current X1 DVR then by default new recordings are also set in the "Cloud" without any interaction from you.   There is nothing new about this or that the DVR recordings were "moved" to the cloud.   This was caused by some glitch to create an issue where the DVR recordings were not able to be played back properly so the playback defaulted to the "cloud" recordings as a convenience.   If you or anyone is seeing issues with cloud playback performance then there may be other issues causing it.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Well, all I know is that I’ve been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for a long time and  never had these issues until two-three months ago.

But thanks for setting me straight.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Steve0916 wrote:
Anyone know when the next true software update is coming out? I know they do an update/firmware update every night. When are they going to do a version update? Thanks.

Overnight updates are usually for information (programming updates).  Firmware updates come periodically when ready for certain boxes. No scheduling provided.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Anyone know when the next true software update is coming out? I know they do an update/firmware update every night. When are they going to do a version update? Thanks.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. How can I check if my box was updated with a new firmware version? I go to the about section in settings but I can’t understand what I’m looking at. Is the STB the firmware?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Formica1 wrote:

Yes, my post has to do with updates. Everything worked great until recordings were moved to a cloud format. Now you can’t depend on anything that used to be done effortlessly.

that just isn't true. recordings are made in both places unless you have a no-Comcast equipment plan.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

How can I check if updates were performed on the box? I’m checking daily to see a soft wear update his been performed to fix an issue I’m having. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Steve0916 wrote:

How can I check if updates were performed on the box? I’m checking daily to see a soft wear update his been performed to fix an issue I’m having. 

use the voice remote 'about'. the firmware version is on the line that begins STB Version.  the menu system (XRE) is at the top (2 lines).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here