Jeff_Deeds's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Dec 26, 2020 1:00 PM

Unable to setup 4K UHD output

I have a Sony 4K UHD TV, new Denon 4K AV receiver and, just installed, new audioquest Forest 48 HDMI cables (rated for 8K - 10K), but the best output available, per the Xfinity box, is only 1080p.  The Xfinity box is PX013ANM.  Our service is X1.  Any help in getting the box to output UHD would be greatly appreciated.  

Responses

dcfox

Regular Contributor

• 

329 Messages

6 m ago

Not sure what box that is but you need a 4k box like the XG1v4. I had to upgrade my XG1v3 box to get 4k.  Someone with more knowledge on what  your box is will chime in. 

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

Your model is not a 4K box, check at your local service center for proper 4K dvr

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

The setup video display page is super misleading.  At the top of the page, it has HD (system capability), then HD XG1v3 and then 4K UHD.  Why would it even display 4K UHD if the box does not handle 4K.  the world may never know.   Thank you for your response.  I guess I will need to reach out to Xfinity/Comcast and get an actual 4K DVR box.

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 m ago

@Jeff_Deeds wrote:

The setup video display page is super misleading.  At the top of the page, it has HD (system capability), then HD XG1v3 and then 4K UHD.  Why would it even display 4K UHD if the box does not handle 4K.  the world may never know.   Thank you for your response.  I guess I will need to reach out to Xfinity/Comcast and get an actual 4K DVR box.

it sounds like you are looking at your TV's menu.

dcfox

Regular Contributor

• 

329 Messages

6 m ago

@Jeff_Deeds wrote:

What you are describing is in the display settings on the box. It would read as you posted as mine did untill I upgraded the box. The last on is you TV max resolution. Mine now has 4KUHD then 4kUHD XG1V4 then TV brand and 4k UHD. 

dcfox

Regular Contributor

• 

329 Messages

6 m ago

It is the Max your TV can do not your box to sum it up. 

Official Employee

• 

2.9K Messages

6 m ago

Greetings, @Jeff_Deeds! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! At this time we do only have 1 DVR box that is 4K which is the XG1v4. If you are still interested in getting this box to make sure you're taking advantage of your TV's potential, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employee

• 

340 Messages

4 m ago

Hello and Happy Thursday! I hope you’re having a great week! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach back out to us on our Community Forums! Going forward, I'm truly sorry to hear about the drawn out process this has been for you to get your new 4K DVR activated along with cost for our a tech to come out. I would be pretty upset myself! I'd now like to take a closer look at the status and see what options we have to help ease a bit of the frustrations. As my colleague pointing out above, please send us a private message by clicking my name "ComcastJosephW" then select "Send a Message" on the right side with your name and service address to get started. Thanks again for both your time and patience!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 m ago

Okay, got my new 4K box, plugged it in and started activation/setup.  Selected the language.  That is as far as it got.  Continuously receiving an RDK error 03009.  Restarted the box, no luck, power restart no luck.  Contacted support.  They restart the box, no luck, ran some process that sends “signals” to the box for 1 to 1.5 hours, no luck.  The box’s health is “green” per support.  Note my old, non 4K box, still works just fine.  They scheduled me for a service call that will cost $39-100.  Yikes!  Any thoughts/suggestions?

New to the Community?

Start Here