U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 17th, 2021 1:42 PM

Closed

unable to change channels with samsung tv smart remote

new samsung tv smart remote will not pair with the x1 dvr cable box.    unable to change channels

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

3 years ago

@user_f5b3a2 

new samsung tv smart remote will not pair with the x1 dvr cable box.    unable to change channels

Did a remote come with the X1 box?  Have you tried using that instead of the remote that came with the TV?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

the xfinity x1 remote works fine.  I want the new Samsung "universal" smart remote to pair with the x1 cable box.  I have been thru this issue  twice with samsung tech support to no avail

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hello @user_f5b3a2! I am sorry that you have been unable to find a solution to get your Samsung Univeral smart remote to pair with your X1 Cable box. Here is what I found online:
  1. Make sure your Samsung Smart TV is connected to the Internet.
  2. Press the Smart Hub button on your Smart Control remote to go to the Samsung Home screen.
  3. Scroll to and select Apps.
  4. Select the Magnifying Glass icon.
  5. Enter Xfinity Stream using the on-screen keyboard and select Done

I hope this works for you. Let us know if you need anything else! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_f5b3a2 There is a legitimate issue with the Samsung smart remote and accessing the cable tv (not X1 Streaming)  .  I've found several complaints online with no good answers and when I called Comcast they (after speaking to a couple people) had no idea what I was talking about.  It's something Samsung and Comcast should figure out!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I agree.  I have a 3 year old Samsung QLED 80 series.  I cannot get the Samsung remote to control an Xfinity X1 box for volume or channels.  I will see what this Xfinity Stream option is all about...maybe then, the remote will work.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

I have had my Samsung 3D 4K TV sine 2015.

I have never found anyone here get all channels loaded and working with their current version of the Samsung remote.

I do not pair either remote. Since we use apps from each device, less problems using the correct remote.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have had a Samsung smart TV since December 2014.  We subscribed to xFinity in November of 2021.  My Samsung remote, my universal remote, and my xFinity remote all worked for a few weeks. Then in December, 2021, xFinity went down for some reason and I called xFinity help.  The xFinity representative got me back on xFinity, but I have not been able to use my Samsung remote or my universal remote since.  I can't get to my Samsung keyboard to input URL's so that I can access internet sites that I want.  xFinity representatives don't seem to be able to undo whatever it was that the representative did that messed me up.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out @user_e612a6. This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have and we're here to help look into this with you. Just to clarify, is this an issue with those two remotes working with the Cable Box or those two remotes working with your Samsung TV's features? Do you happen to know the cable box that you're using with that television? Here is a link to see what types we have and the name listed https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Even I am not able to get my Samsung TV Remote to work with Xfinity Cable Box. My cable box is  Pace PX022ANM

XG2v2-P. 

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hi @user_2d669a

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the remote issue. Please send me a peer to peer message so that we can dive into this further.

Please send me a Peer to Peer message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here