vinesjh's profile

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, June 11th, 2024 12:02 AM

Trouble viewing Paramount+ on X1 cable box

Been having the same problem for month when trying to watch Paramount+ on my TV.  Constant buffering renders it un-useable.  Works fine on all other phones and computers at the house only a problem on the TV through the X1 box.  I tried all of the suggested fixes, rebooted the box and signed off Paramount+ and signed back on.  I also have the Pace XG2v2-P box that is listed on Xfinity as a Paramount+ compatible X1 box.  Went to the local Xfinity store today to see if they can help and was told it was a known problem to Comcast and they have no fix for it. 

This post was created from this comment on different post

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for connecting with us here in our community, @vinesjh, about the trouble with Paramount+ on your cable box. We are sorry you are having this issue. If it's okay with you, we'll be happy to help with troubleshooting. You did mention Paramount+ works on your other devices. Do you have more than one cable box, or just the one?

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Paramount+ works fine on all other devices Phones, tablets, laptops and PCs.  It pauses / buffers to an uncomfortable amount, making it unusable, through my Pace XG2v2-P cable box and a little less, though still very annoying and unusable, through a Pace XiD-P box connected to my other TV.  Both of these are listed by Xfinity as Paramount+ compatible but obviously they are not  I mad sure al the connections are tight and tried everything supposed resolution listed on-line 1) unplugged both boxes for  several minutes,  2) Signed out of Paramount+ and resigned in and 3) Cleared the cache on the cable box.  None of these have had any impact on the performance of Paramount+ through the X1 platform.  Paramount+ works on all other devices so this is not a Paramount+ issue it points to an Xfinity issue that as I was told at my local store there is no fix for the problem.  Maybe you have some additional information that the store does not have but I went through every thread I could find on the web and all they ever said was to try the 3 fixes that I mentioned above that did not work.  So right now I am paying for a service that I cannot use that is supposed to work with Xfinity but does not because Xfinity cannot develop a fix.   FYI anyone with even a little bit of computer literacy would know that a device that need to buffer constantly has either too slow of a micro-processor in it or not enough memory in the system, or likely both.  From what I see in looking for a solution is that has has been an ongoing issues for a long time with Comcast / Xfinity with not a lot of effort being put into resolving the issue.           

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@vinesjh, thank you for this additional information regarding what you believe may be the root cause of the issue you are experiencing with your equipment. We would be happy to look into the concerns you are experiencing, but I wanted to ask if this issue you are noticing with Paramount+ occurs with any other applications on the same device. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

All other streaming services work absolutely fine. Peacock, Disney+, Netflix and Max.  It is Paramount+ only when used through the Xfinity X1 boxes. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

vinesjh when you were at our Xfinity store did we talk about the possibility of exchanging the XG2 or upgrading the box? This may be worth a try. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

I mentioned that at the store but they said that based on feedback from other customers in the area having the same issues that already tried exchanging the box that it was unlikely to work any better

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue with Paramount+.  Starts fine, then stops / pauses, then back on again.  Works fine on all non-Xfinity hardware.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @StanS10746, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums and letting us know you are having the problem as well. Do you have the same type of box the original poster had as well?

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here