BIslander's profile

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

Monday, February 12th, 2024 3:59 AM

Closed

Super Bowl 4K Fail

Disappointing.  Got home just in time for OT, but no 4K for me.  The time for the scheduled broadcast window had already expired and there's no way to get to the 4K feed at that point.  It sure would be lovely if Xfinity actually integrated 4K into its cable cast platform.  It's sort of shoehorned in without a tunable channel. 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Catch the Big Game in 4K

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

8 months ago

Hello, @BIslander and thread. Thank you for your feedback surrounding the 4K feed on the big game. We definitely want you to be able to enjoy all of the action. We offer extended end times on recordings you set up. You can find those instructions here. The longest you can extend the recording is 90 minutes. If I am worried something will go longer than that such as 2 hours. I go to the Guide and set the shows after the one I want to also record. With a live event like this, those other recordings would be a continuation of the game, where your previous recording left off. 

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

@XfinityRay 

Thanks.  But, this is not about recording.   It's about accessing the 4K version of a program.  4K content cannot even be recorded. 

Are you saying if I had set an extended time for recording the regular HD channel of the Super Bowl, that would have somehow allowed me to get to the live 4K feed after the scheduled end time of the game broadcast? 

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hello @BIslander , sorry for the misunderstanding. I have no information on if you would be able to catch the 4K stream tuning in during OT, and as we mentioned we will pass along feedback as to what you experienced. Thanks for letting us know!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here