CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Wednesday, February 7th, 2024 5:19 PM

Closed

Catch the Big Game in 4K

This year the Big Game is being broadcast in 4K (only on CBS), so you can watch it in 4K through Xfinity! Simply say “4K” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to get started. For information about 4K programming on Xfinity, including 4K-compatible equipment, see 4K Ultra HD (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) on Xfinity TV.

Please let us know if you have any questions in getting ready for game day.

Problem Solver

• 

379 Messages

8 months ago

CBS just announced it will send SB LVIII to MVPDs in 1080p HDR and 4K HDR.  Any news on whether/how Xfinity will make these feeds available to us?  From the CBS Sports posting:

"For the first time, CBS Sports will have the Super Bowl available in 1080p High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 4K HDR. The 1080p HDR feed will be available in most platforms, while the 4K HDR feed will be supplied to various MVPDs (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) and vMVPDs (Virtual Multichannel Video Programming Distributor)."

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Super Bowl in 4K

Problem Solver

• 

379 Messages

Hi Xfinity.  Anything to report about getting Super Bowl LVIII in 4K?

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

It will just likely be like they've done the other hand that were in 4k.  Just say 4k into the remote and it will show you what's available.  I watched the Dallas game in 4k.

Problem Solver

• 

379 Messages

One would hope.   Of course, CBS has not ever done 4K HDR and it may be a different architecture than what Fox and ESPN use to send 4K signals to cable systems.    So, I am asking for confirmation that Xfinity can and will provide this to its subscribers.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

Oh I didn’t realize that we’ve not had a 4k broadcast from cbs yet.  I hope that after this weekend’s championship games, we’ll see the Super Bowl show up as upcoming 4k content after doing a “4k” voice search.

Problem Solver

• 

379 Messages

Direct, YouTube TV, and Fubo have announced they'll be carrying it in 4K HDR.  Nothing yet from Xfinity.

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

8 months ago

Pseudo 4K. CBS is upconverting a 1080p signal. Less pixilated but still not real 4K. HD with HDR. Disappointing. Don’t care for either team but would have tuned in for the eye candy. Now I might watch a couple of minutes to compare with the Fox pseudo 4K and real 4K. They really shouldn’t let them call it 4K. Maybe something like HD+. 

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

8 months ago

I noticed tonight that there are now 2 options that come up - 4k and enhanced 4k. Anyone know what that means? Is one HDR and the other not or something?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

Hello @MackGuyver does the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs assist you with your questions? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

8 months ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"] So much for Xfinity service. It wasn’t true 4K anyway. Just Fox (FAUX) style 1080 up conversion or pseudo 4K as I like to call it. Sort of HD+ not UHD. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

379 Messages

8 months ago

Disappointing.  Got home just in time for OT, but no 4K for me.  The time for the scheduled broadcast window had already expired and there's no way to get to the 4K feed at that point.  It sure would be lovely if Xfinity actually integrated 4K into its cable cast platform.  It's sort of shoehorned in without a tunable channel. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Super Bowl 4K Fail

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello, @BIslander and thread. Thank you for your feedback surrounding the 4K feed on the big game. We definitely want you to be able to enjoy all of the action. We offer extended end times on recordings you set up. You can find those instructions here. The longest you can extend the recording is 90 minutes. If I am worried something will go longer than that such as 2 hours. I go to the Guide and set the shows after the one I want to also record. With a live event like this, those other recordings would be a continuation of the game, where your previous recording left off. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Problem Solver

• 

379 Messages

@XfinityRay 

Thanks.  But, this is not about recording.   It's about accessing the 4K version of a program.  4K content cannot even be recorded. 

Are you saying if I had set an extended time for recording the regular HD channel of the Super Bowl, that would have somehow allowed me to get to the live 4K feed after the scheduled end time of the game broadcast? 

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

Hello @BIslander , sorry for the misunderstanding. I have no information on if you would be able to catch the 4K stream tuning in during OT, and as we mentioned we will pass along feedback as to what you experienced. Thanks for letting us know!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here