C

Thursday, October 12th, 2023 6:51 PM

Closed

SOUND CUTTING OUT

The sound is cutting out on basically every channel, we only have one tv and one cable box directly next to our wifi modem. When the tech came and tested all our equipment he said everything is ok but it is still happening, it makes you not even want to watch tv sometimes because you can never catch what is really going on, without sound cutting completely out. Sometimes screen freezes with it but not always. Please help 

Official Employee

• 

888 Messages

1 year ago

@cathy_c12 Thanks for creating a post on our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble. I know it can quickly become frustrating when sound cuts out when you're trying to relax. Have we tried swapping out the cable box to see if it continues to occur?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

No.  Cable box works for other devices so that's not the issue  Apple tells me it's an Xfinity issue. Downloaded Sonoma 14.1 on Oct. 1. 2023, then no sound on MacBook Pro streaming tv only. Sound okay for other apps and  for YouTube streaming.  

1 Message

1 year ago

I have had the same problem for months, if not years with ESPN. It is non-stop. I can't even watch it anymore. I see posts about it for the last 2 years on multiple forums, and the same response from xfinity. I have yet to see any resolution. I love my xfinity services except for this and NBC sound never syncing to people's mouths, but I'm seriously fed up with it and considering other tv options. 

Official Employee

• 

492 Messages

@cathy_c12 & @tab49417 we would be happy to assist with any technical concerns. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Exactly. I just tried using the  chat option on my account, and then it was a nightmare.

Every single show I tape off of bravo has the sound cut out for a few seconds, and then it comes back. Additionally, anything I download on my iPad from the DVR. That is a bravo show, regardless of the show, it will say playback error can’t finish the recording around 40 minutes in. Every single time it makes me not want to keep XFINITY and just watch it streaming instead of downloading on my iPad off the DVR to watch on a plane or travel. 

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

@Bpar50, thank you for using the Community Forums, is this issue still active for you? You mentioned that you noticed the sound cutting out on your Bravo recordings specifically, are you able to replicate this issue with any other channels at all as well?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

My Bravo as well! Extremely frustrating! Time to cut Xfinity loose!

1 Message

The exact same thing is happening right now! It’s so freaking annoying! 

1 Message

11 months ago

It’s happening for me as well on Bravo recordings!!!  Very frustrating! 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Granna2009 thank you for letting us know. Are you having audio issues on all your channels? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

ABC channel is cutting out, intermittently also

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Still no help. I have done everything known to man, except replacing my cable company. Which I’m about to do next. Looking for a refund!!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out about the audio dropping on Bravo, @eyeamthey. We ask questions so we can get to the root cause of the issue. We check for any known issues and troubleshoot or get tickets opened for the problem if that is needed. We appreciate your help so we can get things working once again. Are you using a cable box or another device? Is Bravo cutting out on Live TV, when you are watching a recording, in On Demand, or all 3 (that you know of)? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I am using Xfinity 4K TV box, and only ABC channel cuts out. Audio intermittently very hard to watch programs when you can’t hear what they’re saying every three minutes.

2 Messages

11 months ago

Just started today for me and has lasted all day.  Audio glitches for an instant every 26 seconds. Yes, i used a stopwatch.

I used the phone app to reset the TV box and was greeted instantly when it finished loading with the same audio glitch. Like a slap in the face!

1 Message

I am also having the same issue with Bravo. The sound is cutting out for s second or 2 about every minute or so.  I have reset the box, checked all connections and settings, and gone through the useless xfinity troubleshooting steps. 

Still in and out. 

My wife says to change providers.  May need to go to Verizon. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_czvxyt this doesn't sound fun. Is this also happening on select channels for you? During Live TV and DVR recordings? Do you have any audio peripherals  connected? 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good afternoon @user_wrwrgn, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are sorry to hear about your sound issues on Bravo. To confirm, are you experiencing this issue on any other channel? May I also ask if this is happening during Live TV and/or DVR recordings? Do you happen to have a sound bar? 

2 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ it stopped on its own the next day. So who knows whats going on?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for the update @user_czvxyt. We are glad to hear the issue improved. We would need further troubleshooting to determine a cause. If the issue persists, let us know. We'd be happy to continue troubleshooting. 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have changed my cable box out, I have changed sound settings on both my tv and cable box, I have replaced all cables from the box outside of my house to all inside points (there are two, cable box and modem). I have restarted and refreshed my cable box per the tech assist. Nothing works. The only think keeping me with Xfinity right now is the hassle of changing email addresses. That may soon be worth it as watching and missing so much sound and dialog is just too much, especially considering my monthly bill amount. Can xfinity not find out what causes this or do they just not care?  

3 Messages

P.S. you can keep your email address, as long as you log in a fewtkmes a year,  you can keep forever 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have changed my cable box out, I have changed sound settings on both my tv and cable box, I have replaced all cables from the box outside of my house to all inside points (there are two, cable box and modem). I have restarted and refreshed my cable box per the tech assist. Nothing works. The only think keeping me with Xfinity right now is the hassle of changing email addresses. That may soon be worth it as watching and missing so much sound and dialog is just too much, especially considering my monthly bill amount. Can xfinity not find out what causes this or do they just not care?  

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@Evereddie Thank you for leaving a comment to let us know you are running into this issue. We would hate to see you leave due to this, and we want to ensure you get the support you need. If you replaced the equipment but are still having the same issue, it may be a signal issue you are experiencing versus an equipment issue. It is definitley important to us that your services are working exactly as you need it, and we'll do all we can to get this sorted for you! Do you only have one cable box in the home, or do you have any others that are having the same issue? If you were to watch content via Xfinity Stream, do you experience any audio issues there?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Omg, are you paid to just ask different questions? Everybody’s having the problem and everybody has tried everything possible known the man. Fix the freaking thing. I’m going to get my money back. I am tired of XFINITY not fixing this problem

Contributor

• 

126 Messages

I have the same problem.. The sound goes out periodically or picture freezes.  The last time I called (and spoke to a live person) she told me there was something wrong with my cable box and I would have to replace it.  I've already replaced it once.  I'm not going to drive all the way across town to bring it back again.

Besides, no one else ever told me there was a problem with my cable box!??  They always wanted to schedule me for a tech. visit.  Forget it.  I've had one of those before:  waste of time and no results.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

Same here… xfinity doesn’t care, never has.  

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_2b1574. Thanks for commenting to let us know you are experiencing a similar issue. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Have you rebooted the box manually or through the Xfinity App? Or check the audio connection (HDMI, coax) to make sure it's tight? Is the audio cutting in and out also happening on all of your TV channels? 

1 Message

Any resolution here? I have audio out for a few seconds at a time almost all channels if not all, no sound bar.  Took a trip to Vegas, hotel had Xfinity same thing out there.  I live in Georgia.  Love Xfinity do not want to switch but it is super annoying 

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hi @user_tgdhmb! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out on our Forums. I am sorry to hear you're having similar issues with the sound cutting out on a lot of the channels you watch. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this and get it addressed for everyone. 

For troubleshooting purposes, is this occurring on Live TV only on your end, or does this occur when watching On Demand or recorded content as well? 

Thanks for your help! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same problem any time I watch something I recorded on the xfinity app.  I am using a firestick and shows on other apps are fine.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same sound issue on three different cable boxes, by looking at all these post xfinity doesn't know how to fix it.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi @jthelman I'm sorry to hear you're having sound issues on three different boxes. I would like to learn more about what's going on to help. Do you have a splitter connected to any of those TVS? Have you performed any troubleshooting steps? Is it certain channels or all of them? Does the sound come back or do you have to do anything to fix it? 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

This has to be an Xfinity issue. I have rewired my house, replaced my cable box and upgraded my modem router, all Xfinity products. I have two cable in my house, one from the outside to the Xfinity amplifier that is 10ft long. One from the amp to my cable box, another 10ft cable and one to my router/modem 38ft. No splitters in my home. Everything internal is new and connect perfectly. I have had several communications with Xfinity on this. They are clueless on what is causing the problem or what to do from here. I was a network admin and tested my house completely. I have the equipment and I know what I’m doing. I personally believe that Xfinity keeps selling their product and increasing stated speeds on infrastructure that has been place for nearly 30 years. I believe that is the cause and it’s affecting bandwidth and causing transmission errors but it would be expensive to upgrade so they are just playing dumb. Frustrating. 

2 Messages

I agree and it’s infuriating. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

This has been happening to me a lot on the network stations during NFL games (NBC, Fox, CBS). I haven't noticed it as much with other stations and I don't really watch the networks unless it's a sporting event. The sound is currently cut out on NBC as I type this. Incredibly frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

@jlester10 Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

9 months ago

Why is the sound cutting out all the time especially on CBS shows which is channel 4 in Boston? It’s come to the point I need closed captioning on all the time. Extremely annoying! Please fix it!

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Yes, same here! I have had the issues on Channel 5 for a while but tonight CBS (channel 4 in Boston)  is awful! It's an Xfinity issue! 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_v9dsiw @Vicki11 we definitley want to ensure that you are able to enjoy your services with us at all times! I checked our known issues and I am not currently showing anything reported for audio with our cable boxes. Have you done any troubleshooting on your end for this? Our Xfinity TV Audio Issue Troubleshooting article offers some great troubleshooting steps to take when you are running into issues with your connection. Do any of those steps help?

Edit: Updated tagged users

(edited)

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Same Boston CBS/WBZ CH804 sound cutout problem in no. central ma.  3 tv/boxes, all have constant audio cutouts for 15-30 seconds and occasional video as well.

Have done all the troubleshooting stuff with no resolution.  Seems like a Comcast signal problem here for the past week or so.

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

@user_v9dsiw@marks09281 @asmarks I came here today to research the same thing. I was watching CBS / WBZ 4 Boston News this morning around 7AM and experienced two 15-30 second audio drops out. Sound just vanishes. It would appear this channel is having an issue locally.

However, in my experience attempting to get stations to investigate is nearly impossible. The FOX Providence and CBS Providence stations have had audio issues for years and no amount of contacting them helps, but that is more like tiny pops/cracks in the audio and nothing like this issue with CBS / WBZ Boston.

I imagine we are all in different towns so it would lead me to believe the issue exists at Xfinty's headend or at CBS Boston / WBZ. 

It helps if we all reach out to CBS Boston / WBZ on their web site by submitting the Contact Us form for Technical Issue / Broadcast:

Learn About Us - Contact Us - CBS Boston (cbsnews.com)

1 Message

@marks09281​ Same here. Just south of Boston.  Channel 804 wbz/nbc both on cable box and Wi-Fi steaming of 804. Was about to start trouble shooting my sound bar but not going to bother since I know I am not only one. Thanks for sharing your feedback.  I would estimate it has been happening for a few weeks for me. 

1 Message

9 months ago

I am wondering if it could be the TV’s... A few years ago I had the same issue. I finally purchased a new TV. The problem cleared up for a few years. It recently started again in the last few months. I tried everything suggested by Xfinity with no success. I am wondering if it’s older TV’s which can’t keep up with technology? So… does anyone have a new TV (2 years or less) and the problem is still occurring? Very frustrating!!! 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_sfl702 thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance. I appreicate the detailed information, as it sounds like you have already tried troubleshooting outlined here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/troubleshooting-audio-issues-with-xfinity-tv. 

I'd definitely like to help continue with troubleshooting the audio issues further. If you still need assistance please send a direct message. 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address.

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

9 months ago

Same here and this is an issue that has been prevalent for years.  Sometimes it’s more constant.  Watching The Sun Bowl on CBS HD in Boston area.  Sound drops have occurred numerous times lasting 5-10 seconds each. These sound dropouts last longer than prior issues. Have had techs out in the past. Sometimes they resolve the issue temporarily.  Sometimes not at all. But the issue always returns. Happens on both my wired box and my WiFi box including on a 2022 LG TV. I can only conclude this is a Xfinity issue. I’ve been told by the techs that this can be affected by weather (temperature humidity precipitation).  Frankly this is unacceptable in 2023.  I agree that it may be Xfinity’s attempt to use outdated equipment outside of the house to carry signals but who knows. All I know is that this is not acceptable when paying $300/mo for service. 

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

@asmarks​ 

Same problem here on hard wired TVs. It happens only with CBS Boston on all TVs at the same time and has been happening for about a month. Spoke with Xfinity yesterday. I plan to replace the cable boxes this week, but it sounds like that isn't going to make a difference from reading the posts here.

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

Are you sure it is only CBS?  I am getting soudn drops on other channels, too, but they don't last as long.  Xfinity has known about this problem for literally 5-6 years as I was part of a program where they would send upgrades through the boxes and I was asked to inform them whether these fixed the issues or not.  After about 9 months, the issue was fixed and remained fixed for about 2 years.  But then the audio dropouts began again.  Xfinity plows so much money into new shiny objects within their system (internet, home security, TV features) but can't fix the most basic of issues -- good sound and good picture.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

Only with CBS/WBZ here... And I spoke with some friends today who said it's just WBZ for them also.

I also contacted WBZ via the form mentioned above @ https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/about/

(edited)

2 Messages

@asmarks​ I find it happening on any and all live channels on both tvs simultaneously. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I agree. Same problem here. Mostly on CBS Boston. I contacted Comcast and set up appt. With service. Then they called and said they discovered the problem and it is fixed. NOPE, not fixed, still happening

1 Message

9 months ago

We are having the same issue.  We’ve done all the troubleshooting but nothing worked.  Maybe Verizon would be a better choice. 
Paying over $300 a month and cannot watch CBS! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_6o6cu7, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support! Please let us know if you are still having issues. We would like to help. 

1 Message

Our sound on our standard channels -- CNN , MSNBC --- as with others is not on ... the APPS - MHZ & YOUTUBE for example are fine .... What's the story ???? Additionally we still do not get the speed we are paying for ... this is a constant .... for at least a year even after one of your techs paid us a visit....!!!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_iyak41 I am sorry that you are having these issues. When testing your internet speeds are you testing on WiFi or hardwire?

I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs!

1 Message

@XfinityDena​ We are having sound dropouts for several seconds (10 to 30 seconds) mostly on "Cloud" DVR recordings.  The sound will drop out in the same place on the DVR recording regardless of which of our two X1 Boxs we are watching from. KEY IMPORTANT ITEM: When we use the XFINITY Streaming app on a mobile device to watch the "same cloud recording" the sound also drops out in the same place of the recording.  So, the problem is not related to the X1 devices in my house nor the cables on my boxes or HDMI cables.  It has to be related to your cloud DVR service.  The sound also drops out occasionally after I have "paused" live TV and resumed.  This sound drop out happens several times per recording and causes us to miss critical dialog at times.  Rewinding and playing again doesn't help and the sound will drop out again in the exact same place.  There is an occasional blip on the video when the sound issue happens.  

Official Employee

• 

763 Messages

@jasjee99 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here