Mr_Kludge's profile

Regular Contributor

• 

123 Messages

Thu, May 13, 2021 3:27 AM

Song identification feature...

I have used the song identification feature for years with X1. This evening it has started telling me that my box does not support song identification and to try another box. I have 2 XG1v4s  and one XG2 and all are telling me the same thing. Anyone else with this issue? I have haven't rebooted or done a system refresh as I am busy watching while the boxes record more content...

Responses

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

20 d ago

I am a new Xfinity subscriber. This feature worked for two weeks and now I am getting the same error you noted.

Mr_Kludge

Regular Contributor

• 

123 Messages

Ya they seem to have disabled this feature? I forgot to post but I rebooted and also did a system reset (was prompted to when I asked the box through the voice remote why it was not working). Didn't change anything and still not working.

Official Employee

• 

7 Messages

Hello @AndreaJD2B! I hope you're doing well! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your service, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance! May I ask what the model of your box is?

Official Employee

• 

165 Messages

Hello @Mr_Kludge, thank you for taking part in our community here. We want to ensure that this feature is working for you, so we'd love to help! Music Identification will not work with our Pace XG1v1s boxes but should work without issue with our XG1v4 and XG2 models. We are not showing any known issues going on at this time. Can you please post the exact error message, and code if displayed, you got when attempting to use Music Identification?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I am having the same problem.  It worked.  Now it doesn't.  PX013ANC model.

Message:  "Sorry, you TV box doesn't support music identification."

Official Employee

• 

12 Messages

Hey @KB23834, thank you for reaching out to us on our forums and letting us know you're having the issue as well. It appears there may have been an issue with the box updating as it should still have the feature. I'd like to take a closer look and help get it fixed. Can you private message us by clicking the "message" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle Xfinity support to send us a private message.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 d ago

I also started getting the same message a couple of days ago. It was working and then it stopped. Customer chat recommended unhooking everything and connect it again and also connect directly to wall outlet without splitter. I have not had the time to try and unhook everything and reconnect it that way yet, but not sure how that would help as this equipment was newly installed just last week and the song identification feature was working.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sounds like a weak attempt to throw the blame on the end user.  I have been in IT for almost 40 years and have seen every trick in the book.  Don't by it.  The problem is on their side and they are too incompetent to figure it out.

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

Hello @user_017951, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. Could you please send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account? Our team would love to take a further look at this issue!

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 d ago

All posts asking about why Music Identification suddenly stopped working is exactly the problem I’m having. No sense in repeating it all. Please just tell me what to do. Absolutely nothing has changed on my end. 

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

Hello @user_b93d69, thank you for reaching out to us! For troubleshooting purposes, what model is your box? Is there an error message that appears when trying to use this feature?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Where do I find the number to my box? The message I get when asking for song ID is:

“Sorry, your TV box doesn’t support music identification.”

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

My complaint is identical to everyone else’s here. 

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

No worries @user_b93d69, we will definitely get this figured out! To better assist, let's move over to a private message platform. This way will we have better access to your account and equipment details. When you can, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

New to the Community?

Start Here