U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Sep 20, 2021 4:49 PM

Smart resume

Very disappointed that this feature has been updated so we are now forced to watch a commercial.   Revenue enhancement for xifinity.   Cheap spot to customers.  

dcfox

Contributor

• 

383 Messages

2 m ago

Not sure what you mean but it works fine here on shows it did before. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

273 Messages

2 m ago

Hello @user_56b02b. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through Forums. Smart Resume isn't available for all programs and networks. Right now, Smart Resume is only available for top shows on NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, Bravo, HGTV, Discovery, MTV and TLC. It can only be used on eligible HD programs you recorded after January 1, 2019. We’re actively working on increasing the programs and networks Smart Resume is available on. And remember, Smart Resume isn't available on SD recordings.

Are you experiencing issues on any of these networks above? 

Paula47

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityGabby,Smart Resume didn’t work for a couple of ABC prime-time shows that were recorded a couple of days ago on HD. It has worked for these shows in the past.

Official Employee

• 

230 Messages

I am so sorry that the smart resume is missing on some of your ABC shows! Can I get you to send me a DM, please, and then we can start some troubleshooting for you?

To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I do understand that it’s mostly network shows and that is fine.  The start and stop for the commercials breaks is not working correctly.   I’ve had a person/person with a tech and a lengthy online conversation with a tech.  Both were helpful but we have still not figured out why it’s out of sync.  I’ve shut my system-down and rebooted twice.  This is affecting 3tvs in my home.   I’m going to take my box to a store for an exchange and see if that helps.  Oh, also replaced batteries in all three  remotes

Official Employee

• 

191 Messages

@user_56b02b Thanks for letting us know about the exchange! Please keep us updated after the equipment has been swapped. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

I'm guessing that what OP is talking about is how stations like CBS now seem to have smart resume setup where it skips most commercials, but then stops about 30-60 seconds before the commercial break ends so you have to watch the remaining commercials.  I'm guessing this is something CBS has paid Xfinity to do, as these leftover commercials are usually there advertising other CBS shows.  You can still forward through them, but you have to wait several seconds, because the smart resume will end your forward request and start you right at the beginning of the sponsored commercials again.  I saw it on ABC this week while watching The Connors on ABC, too.  I really dislike that this feature has been crippled.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 m ago

No luck on line or speaking with techs, some didn’t even know what Smart Resume was.   Anyway, I scheduled an in home visit.  This is an issue that my tech has seen.   My problem was solved with an new DVR box.  Upgraded version, not sure,I also got the most current modem.  I actually exchanged the DVR myself at my local store.  Hooked it up, it works and is actually better than before.  The recorded show come on immediately w/o any delay.   No more delay.  😁

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

The new box didn't solve my smart resume issue

Official Employee

• 

94 Messages

Hello @Lawnman725, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on the forums I hope you are doing well! I am sorry to hear the box swap didn't resolve the issue, this is not the experience we want you to have as a valued member of the Xfinity family. We would love the opportunity to troubleshoot the service and get the issue resolved for you.

To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

New to the Community?

Start Here