U

Friday, September 15th, 2023 3:32 AM

Closed

Smart resume out of sync

It appears this issue has been brought to the attention of xfinity up to a year ago and no fix has been implemented that I can find. I have old recordings that were during the time smart resume worked and the timing was shot on. Now it's up to two ads short. I'm paying a premium and it's very disappointing. I have both the TV box and the internet connected box. Both behave the same. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding those issues with Smart Resume. We are aware there is a known issue with our Smart Resume feature. This is something we are working to get resolved. We can still try some troubleshooting steps to see if this can be resolved. Have you tried any troubleshooting already? 

3 Messages

11 months ago

I am having the same problem. Can you tell me how to troubleshoot it?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_d407hs Thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with Smart Resume. Have you tried restarting your box to see if that helps with the issue? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

11 months ago

Yes. I unplugged the box waited 60 seconds plugged it back in and the problem is still there.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Greetings, @user_d407hs! Thanks for reaching out about Smart Resume being off by a couple of commercials. We were experiencing this problem a while ago but I checked for the ticket and it was resolved. Have you tried to calibrate Smart Resume? You can do that by toggling the service off and then back on. From there, check a recording to see if that improves the problem and let us know. We are happy to take further steps if that is needed to get this working properly.

Turn Smart Resume On or Off from X1 Settings
1. Press the Xfinity button on your Xfinity Voice Remote.
2. Use the right arrow to go over to the Settings menu (gear icon).
3 Choose Preferences, then General.
4. Press the down arrow to highlight Smart Resume for Recordings, and press OK (or the round button in the center of the directional pad) to toggle it off and then back on.

Turn Smart Resume On or Off from Xfinity Stream Portal or App Settings
1. Sign into the Xfinity Stream app.
2. Go to Settings, then Playback Preferences.
3. Click on Smart Resume and toggle it off and then on.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

11 months ago

The delay from an over the air signal versus the xfinity signal increased from about a 15 second delay to around a 45 second delay within the past year.  My guess this difference of around 30 seconds now, is where the problem is within their Smart Resume feature. 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I’ve unplugged the box for a minute… no change. 
I toggled smart resume on and off several times…. No change. 

what else can be done. It’s very annoying to pay for a service and not have it function properly 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for trying that. There is more troubleshooting that we can do on our end. Can you send us a direct message so we can?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

6 Messages

10 months ago

SO annoying. Enough to make me want to ditch comcast. I just hate being scammed. There are easily 2 commercials after “smart” resume. I guess customers do not matter. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

My smart resume is 30 seconds off too. It is so annoying to ff after my smart resume ends. Ridiculous. I did notice that when I tape football games, the smart resume works correctly. It makes me think that Xfinity is doing it on purpose.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @dznefan! Thanks for leaving a comment with your shared concerns. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with Smart Resume, too, and I would love to see what we can do to help! What all troubleshooting steps listed above in this thread have you tried so far?

1 Message

8 months ago

Xfinity has gotten worse and worse over the past few years

6 Messages

I find these replies from comcast insulting. There is no way to “troubleshoot” something they have designed to fulfill a purpose. I had a tech out last week fixing an issue and when I asked him about it he just grinned and said no, he can’t fix that. Compounding the aggravation is how you have to time the fast forward after smart resume in order to get past those 30 seconds. If you do it too soon it backs up to where it stopped. 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, and I apologize that you have been experiencing issues with your service. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

I suspect that this is intentional so Xfinity can sell premium commercial time. I don’t know this, it just seems like their response is lackadaisical, considering it affects everyone.

the irony is they should be doing everything they can to make their service perform well given that “ cord cutting” is eventually going to put them out of business.

XFINITY: I am having this issue too. I have tried the troubleshooting step that was outlined above. Essentially turning off and back on smart resume. It did nothing. Please tell me what else I can try.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @TonyGinSLC. Thanks for reaching out to our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue and the troubleshooting steps taken have not worked. We'd like to help! Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

It is my conclusion that Smart Resume is NOT smart at all or it would work exactly like it should.  It's so frustrating to have to FF 30 more seconds afterwards to get to my program. 

Since Comcast obviously can't or doesn't want to fix it, just remove it.  At least we're smart enough to FF ourselves through commercials to get back to our program and it would probably be much easier and save time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_f038c7, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Smart Resume, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

8 months ago

Likewise, I am having the same problem which has been reported to Xfinity by hundreds of subscribers for over a year now and nothing seems to be getting done about it other than to ask for a DM.  How and when does this get fixed?  What will it take?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Use  "30 second jump" after a smart resume, and it will place you where you want to be.

To set up "30 second jump"

1. Press the exit button on your Xfinity remote three times. ...
  2. Using the numeric keypad, enter the code “0030” to enable the 30-second skip functionality.
  3. Once you've entered the code, there will be no visual confirmation on your TV or set-top box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here