U

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, August 14th, 2024 1:59 AM

Smart Resume is confused.

When I say "Smart Resume" into my Xfinity remote, I'm taken to a screen showing movies with the word "Smart" in the title!

The program I'm watching definitely has yellow Smart Resume sections in its timeline, so that's not the problem.  My only option seems to be the Fast Forward button.

Please help.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

1 month ago

Antoine, the people at the Xfinity store were very nice and helpful.  The new remote works perfectly, including voice commands.

However, when I say "Smart Resume," it still takes me to a screen full of people named Smart.  It does not skip over the commercial breaks as it's supposed to.  We are disappointed!

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue and our engineering team is working to fix it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Antoine, could you please notify me when the problem is fixed?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@user_beyond

We sure can! You will also get an electronic notification when the issue has been resolved. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

I think I found an answer.

I'm watching a show that has Smart Resume.

I come to a commercial break.

On my Xfinity remote, I push the Fast Forward button four times:  click-click-click-click.

It moves past the commercials quickly and then smart resumes!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 month ago

Thanks for reaching out user_beyond! I'd be more than happy to help. Have you ever used the Smart Resume feature on the program your currently watching, and it worked? 

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

1 month ago

Antoine, thanks for taking my question.  One show I enjoy is "American Ninja Warrior" on NBC, for example.

If I press the Pause button, I can see the commercial breaks marked in yellow on the blue timeline. 
When I get to one of those breaks, I say "Smart Resume" into my Xfinity remote.

Instead of fast-forwarding, it takes me to a movie search screen with such titles as "Smart Alecks," "Smart Cookies," and "Get Smart."  There's also an alphanumeric keypad.

The Smart Resume function has worked correctly for years.  What can I do to fix it?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_beyond Thank you for sharing those details! Have you had a chance to complete a system refresh yet? This simple step often resolves feature issues like the one you’re experiencing. If you haven’t tried it yet, you can start a System Refresh from the Xfinity X1 Help menu. You can also say "System Refresh" into your Xfinity Voice Remote or initiate it online.

Please keep in mind that performing a System Refresh will pause all X1 TV Boxes and recordings in your home for up to 10 minutes, but don’t worry—it won’t delete any of your preferences, settings, or recordings. If you have the Xfinity My Account app, you may receive a notification on your mobile device once the refresh is complete. Please let us know how things are working afterward—we’re here to help if the issue persists!

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

I unplugged the system, waited 40 seconds, plugged it back in, and waited 10 minutes.  Then I tried the test again.

This time, instead of movie titles, I was shown a screen of people named Smart: "Ayoola Smart," "Caroline Smart," "Rebecca Smart," etc.

Antoine, your advice please?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_beyond Well, that’s definitely not the update we were hoping for! Thank you for trying those steps. Have you changed the batteries in your remote recently? Sometimes that can make a difference. If you have a second cable box and remote in your home, could you try testing with those to see if you get the same results? This will help us narrow down the issue. Let me know how it goes, and we’ll continue troubleshooting from there!

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Changing the batteries did not help.  We only have one single cable box.

Antoine, the Xfinity store is not far from our home.  If I went there in person today, would they be willing to replace this remote?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_beyond  Absolutely! You can stop by and pick one up whenever it’s convenient for you. If you know when you'll be stopping by, you can also schedule an appointment to help minimize your wait time. Would it be alright if I check in with you around this time tomorrow to see how everything is going?  Here is a link to schedule that visit if you would like. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here