bpgolf's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, February 9th, 2024 12:11 AM

Closed

Scheduled recordings are missing!! Upcoming recorded shows in guide grid showing the circle with line thorough it

All of our scheduled recordings have been deleted. No new equipment or account changes. All upcoming expected to be recorded shows are appearing in the guide grid with the circle with the line through is as if we cancelled them. This is not the case. 

If I try to set up future recordings now manually, I go through the entire process and get the "Your recording is set" message. I then check the guide grid as well as scheduled recordings and these new recordings are not showing either. 

1 Message

8 months ago

This is happening to me as well. 

4 Messages

8 months ago

Same here, scheduled shows are all marked canceled and can't be uncanceled. [Edit: Language]?

(edited)

4 Messages

7 months ago

Same issue here in Norristown, PA 

Chat did a system refresh, sent all kinds of signals, but all to no avail. When now attempting to record a show, it does not show up in scheduled recordings but shows up in the guide as a cancelled recording. Searching other forums, a similar problem has occurred several times in the past. No solutions anywhere!

4 Messages

7 months ago

This is happening to me as well in Levittown, PA.  Spent too much time online going through all the steps, was advised to get a DVR instead of using the cloud.  Then when I was done, I gave a low rating because it wasn't resolved, only to be met with a new "person" who wanted to chat with me, telling me to "unplug your box".  etc.  My sense is they don't know what is causing the issue.  

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 months ago

Obviously this is an issue on their end. I'm assuming their scheduling server crashed or lost network connectivity. Unfortunately the front line reps have no idea and just have to resort to the normal low level trouble shooting steps of rebooting things on the customers side. The idea of "get a DVR" instead of using the cloud is absurd. 

@Xfinity Support , @XfinityFrank are you able to help and/or advise of the issue and estimated fix time frame.

Thanks

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 months ago

For what it's worth and to update anyone following this thread, I was able to get an escalation made to the advanced repair team (as per the on line chat rep) so hopefully this will start to get some traction.

Also to inform the watchers... your entire schedule should still be there. While I was going through the automated chat path, one of the options was to pick the recording I was having issues with, and it showed ALL the programs that we had originally scheduled. So once fixed, we shouldn't have to redo the list. I also suspect that the programs will actually record, and once this communication issue is resolved both the scheduled list as well as any recordings (from last night and today) will show.

(the above statement is my personal opinion and not that of Xfinity/Comcast nor am I trying to represent myself as an employee :-) )

(edited)

4 Messages

@bpgolf​ 

Same problem for me and I've taken the same steps, talked to 3 different agents, including technical support, who tried everything and now waiting for a call within four hours for an advanced troubleshooter.  They all seem to think this is a new problem, although it dates back three years in this forum.  I'm paying over $350 a month for cable TV, Internet and Wifi, and mobile phone. At this point, YouTube TV is looking better and better.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@bpgolf​ I was updated and was supposed to get a call within 1-4 hrs last night....crickets

They did it again this morning

Then I received a text that I have an appointment between 7am-9am tomorrow but I have no idea what type of appointment they're talking about

Frustrating 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_pwv9fx​ I'm with you w/ $$$

It's insane!

It's time to switch or go cordless

4 Messages

7 months ago

My son-in-law, a Comcast employee, found out this is a NATIONAL ISSUE. Comcast is aware of the problem and there is nothing a user can do to try to fix it.

No time line for fix yet.

But save your anxiety and wait for the problem to fix itself 😂

4 Messages

7 months ago

I appreciate everybody's input.  This saved me a lot of trouble traveling to the Xfinity Store to swap out my little box to get a DVR.  It made no sense at all.  However, my neighbor who has a DVR is able to record.  It must only be with those of us storing in the cloud and not using the physical storage.  After a few hours myself this morning with the techs, I am not anxious to go through the whole "unplug..." issue with them one more time.  

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 months ago

Same here in Phoenixville. I spent hours on chat last night then again this morning. I did all the normal things plus re syncing but nothing works. Has anyone gotten an answer?

4 Messages

Comcast is aware as this is a Nationwide issue. Everyone can stop troubleshooting or talking or chatting with support. There are NO user fixes. Everyone will have to wait for Comcast to fix this at the head end.

4 Messages

7 months ago

I just went to my Guide and selected a "cancelled" recording. I then recorded it and it then showed as recording in the Guide.

When I then went to scheduled recordings, the screen was repopulated. Anyone else have their deleted scheduled recordings repopulate?

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_tbub2a Just to clarify, is the issue that you are trying to delete a recording but it won't delete? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Same issue here in Limerick, started yesterday (Thursday 08 Feb).  Our kids, who live directly behind us, do not seem to have this problem.  Xfinity elevated support did confirm this is an issue on there end and they are working to fix it, I guess we just need to wait.  But we all should demand at least a partial discount on this month's bill for this insanity!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 months ago

Mine just went back on, anyone else?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Yup, mine here is Limerick is back...the "Scheduled" items are all back and the "conflict" errors are gone, but I don't have yesterday's recordings (all those prior to yesterday are there).  For what it's worth, my initial call to support was at 9:01 PM EST yesterday and when I called for an update this morning, I was told to give it the whole 24 hrs they quoted.  My stuff came back at 8:49 PM EDT tonight, so yea, they take all but the whole 24 hrs.  But at least I'm back up, at least for now...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_271dd3. Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We appreciate you sharing your experience wand glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you happen to need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to create a post. We are always available and happy to help. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

7 months ago

8:00 am Saturday.  Problem seems to have been resolved.  Techie had me unplug the DVR overnight.  All missing scheduled recordings are back.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 months ago

So I thought they were punishing me the OP because mine weren't back yet as others are reporting problem solved. I rebooted and did a system refresh and still nothing. 

I had to do what @user_tbub2a did which was go into the guide to a cancelled recorded show, select it and hit record. At that point, all scheduled recordings are now showing up. I'm assuming if you just record any show the same result will happen.

4 Messages

@bpgolf​ I had to do the same.  Cycle the box and go to my guide and pick a show to record.  Very surprised when the red dot appeared and not the red dot with the canceled symbol.  Still took a while for my scheduled recordings to populate but they finally filtered in.  

Thank you for your original post and followup.  My sanity was preserved by finding this forum and your post.  Have a fantastic weekend.  

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_kmz335 I'm so happy to hear that the issue has been resolved for you. We appreciate the update and your time in reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here