U

Friday, September 22nd, 2023 9:50 PM

Closed

Requires Xfinity Internet Error on Apps

Today we started getting an error message when we try to access Apps on on main cable box.  When you select an App, say Netflix, we get an error that states:  "This feature requires Xfinity Internet".  We have Xfinity Internet and it is working fine.  This is only on the main box as all the wireless boxes access the Apps just fine.  I've rebooted the Internet, the cable box and also did a system refresh.  Help, please.

1 Message

10 months ago

Same thing is happening with me.

2 Messages

Same for me. I’m not happy. I wanted to get the 99 c Hulu

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

@user_hqvl21 Can you confirm if the issue is still present at this time? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I am in Factoria area of Bellevue and I’m getting this error for the first time 

4 Messages

@XfinityShawn​ 

This started on my TV just about a week or more ago. After days of working with Xfinity techs I have no resolution. I have two nearly new high end Sony Smart TV’s.  I can reach all my apps using the Sony Remote and the internet is working on all devices. 

Recently I upgraded my service and the problem started shortly after. 

The last time something like this happened I was when you added what you called “5g” My smart appliances were connected to the internet but not interacting. The tech had to go into the router and manually open some ports and manually add the devices.  Xfinity is touting something they call 10g. Could this be a similar issue?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you so much for this information. We would like to take a look at the account to make sure all the coding on our end. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

10 months ago

Same thing happening on 1 tv - other 2 are ok.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Same problem here was one TV now it's two 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_0aa11c. Thanks for commenting to let us know you are experiencing a similar issue. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you try rebooting your modem, and TV box manually or through the Xfinity App?

2 Messages

How do I get Xmas music on my Xfinity cable? I have Xfinity Internet.

1 Message

10 months ago

Same thing.  Our main box is fine and our secondary box is not. I tries chatting with agent and they had no luck either. 

1 Message

Just the opposite here. Main box has the error; secondary box has Netflix and Amazon Prime and probably other apps. I didn't check them all. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_a1c5ed! Thanks for reaching out so we can help with the error you're seeing. Please try these steps and let me know the outcome:
Go to your TV settings and disconnect from your internet connection.

Restart your modem by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back in.

Reconnect the TV to the internet. 

Are you able to view your apps?

3 Messages

10 months ago

Same issue. Main TV only. Says I need Xfinity Internet Service

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @user_3ec6bd, That's definitely something we want to work with you on. Those app error messages are never fun to see, so hopefully it didn't impact your weekend. Are you having this issue on all the apps on your X1 system? Have you been able to go through any troubleshooting steps quite yet? 

2 Messages

Can't you do that?  I'm really not comfortable doing that.

Official Employee

• 

823 Messages

@user_sb8uwp Hi there! I am not sure what you're referring to. Can you clarify?

5 Messages

10 months ago

Xfinity says it is a system problem and they are working on it (SI063223571). They will call when resolved. Could take 24 hours.😩

3 Messages

It's been over a week for me already & still unresolved.

1 Message

Same here, still have the problem 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums @user_cc035b. This issue has recently been resolved by our amazing engineers. Are you still having issues accessing apps on your cable box?

1 Message

It's happening right now, two months after that text...

6 Messages

Still having this problem. Many hours on chat later, I was told I would receive a confirmation email that my account was rebooted and it would work. That was last evening and no confirmation and no change on ability to access this. Have working Comcast internet connections and paid subscriptions that work on phone and computer, just not TV.

Please help. 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Same thing happening here as well. Main box error only. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

Same thing here,,,,, finally found someone to say it was a nation wide problem and put in a ticket for me, confirmed by text.  The ticket was cancelled per another text.  Problem is not resolved.  I am just glad to see it isn't something I did and that it is a problem for others

1 Message

10 months ago

Anyone back up? Amazed its taking this long

2 Messages

@user_476baa​ Still not working here

3 Messages

I've been out over a week & issue is still unresolved.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issue, @user_74a8a1

A few other posters on this thread have mentioned the issue went away between yesterday and this morning, but please let me know if you are still getting the error, and I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

2 Messages

Hi! I am currently having this issue…are you still able to help? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I've been having this issue for about week now

5 Messages

10 months ago

Still not working. Xfinity is sending a technician.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @user_74a8a1, I'd love a chance to work with you on this and get to the bottom of that error code. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same problem. Noticed it last night. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Greetings, @user_94efeb! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issue with your cable box, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

A few other posters on this thread mentioned the issue went away this morning, but please let me know if you are still getting the error, and I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

2 Messages

I just checked it and it is working again. It is very slow to open, but once it does it’s fine. 

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_94efeb I'm happy to hear it's working again now. If it's running slow I'd recommend restarting the box to see if that helps.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Same issue for me as well

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@monson, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Are you still having issues? We would like to help. Let us know so we can take a closer look. 

1 Message

10 months ago

I have had this going on since Friday. Swapped box today and back in business.

5 Messages

Glad that fixed it. Technician is coming Tuesday to swap our box.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

10 months ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to our team here @user_74a8a1. That is definitely a frustrating issue and  will be happy to assist you from here with that. Please send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service.

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Same Problem here..  Streaming Apps on main X1 box don't work but work on all other boxes.  The problem Started on Friday.   I Have had 3 Tech Support Chats and 2 tech support phone calls with no results.   The out-sourced to India support is terrible.  The support people seem to not understand the issue and don't listen to what I am explaining.  Their script doesn't give them a way to solve a problem that a reset won't fix.

A technician is scheduled to come out Wednesday.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I have run into the same problems you have.  NO, I have no resolution.  

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there, @rtro1010, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your streaming apps on your main X1 and checking on the appointment tomorrow to ensure everything is resolved. 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address, so we can assist you further. To send us a Direct Message, you will need to sign in to the Forums if you are not. Then you will need to locate and click on the "Direct Message" icon located in the upper right corner of this page. Next, click the "New Message" (paper & pencil) icon and type "Xfinity Support" in the to line, and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list. You can proceed to type your message in the text area near the bottom, and press enter to send the message. Please let me know if you have any questions.

3 Messages

10 months ago

We're having the same issue for the last week. Xfinity told me it is a problem on their end and they are working on it but it's taking long for them to fix this issue. I will be receiving credits on my bill for this issue.

3 Messages

Got the same response on Sunday. Been since Friday

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. I rely on my cable daily and can appreciate you wanting it to work consistently so you have access to the apps. I'd be happy to run some troubleshooting for you today. Troubleshooting can also be done through the My Account App or online at https://www.xfinity.com/support/tv#troubleshooting.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

Got my streaming services back as of Tuesday morning. Finally.  Got $20 off my bill for the service being out for 4 days and a lot of runaround.  Whoopee

Official Employee

• 

3.6K Messages

@user_3ec6bd, thanks for providing us with this update, and I am happy to hear that all is now working on your end. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration caused. 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Same here. I was told it is a national outage and that I'd hear back when resolved. Our relatives have said they weren't experiencing any issues with their apps, so now we know that was a lie. They live only a few miles away and also use Xfinity TV.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here