hifi459's profile

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Reminders not working

Program reminders not appearing on screen. The list does show up on guide but at time of program reminder does no appear 

Every once & a while the reminder pops up on screen at time of show but its intermittent but most often not working anyone else reporting this issue?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@basp 

Apologies for this issue and experience. Thanks also for your continued patience. I wanted to share a bit of an update and some background below:

Our engineering team is aware of and is working on this issue with Reminders.

High level, the identified problem is essentially that our architecture is currently no longer optimized for the amount of reminders that are being added (we’ve seen a large increase in reminders over the years). As a result, a handful of reminders are being dropped.

A customer with a large amount of reminders is much more likely to experience random drops because of it.

Our team is currently working on updating our infrastructure to better optimize against the large load and are looking at around a month out before the changes will be deployed.

The team had this prioritized earlier, but unfortunately, because of COVID, the timeline had been pushed to accommodate more pressing issues.

I've also applied a small credit to your account as a courtesy for the numerous issues over the years that you described in your post. I hope that helps.  

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I want to add same thing happening here. Called and gave up because service insisted reboot fixed it even though it didn’t and I’d done that already.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Can we all get credits for the weeks and weeks we have been without this service?

Contributor

• 

90 Messages

4 years ago

Hi ComcastTeds,
I’ve noticed recently that the Smart Resume feature that skips commercials does not work when recording CBS shows on HD channel 107. Just wanted you to know and these are recording from the prior night.
Thanks!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

my reminders aren't working either

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been having this problem as well. On 4/25/20 I logged into my account and attempted a 'System Refresh'. It seems to have correct the problem for me. Thought I'd share for anyone else interested.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Mine began working mid day Sunday. Whooooohoooooo!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastTeds   just wanted to report that this morning (4/27) quite unexpectedly a reminder popped up...none of my reminders have been working at all for the last week, now this one did work.  thanks.

Contributor

• 

90 Messages

4 years ago

Hi ComcastTeds,
Yesterday 2 of my reminders worked which is the first time in 3 weeks. I hope this is due to a bandwidth update on the Xfinity side and not just a happy coincidence.
Thanks!!

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks Comcast Ted!  My reminders started working again on 4/24 and worked consistently as advertised 4/25 and 4/26 as well.  I'm hopeful that the problem has now been fixed, but it will take a  couple of weeks of consistency before I'll feel it's reliable again.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

So far so good. Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

Thanks all for your patience while the team worked this issue. 

Glad to hear and see that the experience has improved. We started rolling out the update about 2 weeks ago and are looking to finish next week so some areas are likely feeling the improved performance already.

We’ll be monitoring our networks to make sure everything continues to roll out smoothly.

Thanks again for your patience and persistence. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastTeds is the update an architecture optimization or a software update? If it is software what is the Release/Version/Timestamp?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@taconix  architecture optimization on our end. 

Contributor

• 

90 Messages

4 years ago

Appreciate it since all reminders seem to be working again for that last several days.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here