U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 11th, 2021 12:55 PM

Closed

Recordings Disappear

For the past month, I have been going into my recordings. One day, I will go into recordings, watch one, and then I get out and most of my recordings just disappear. I did not delete them, they are not in the deleted recordings area, and my recordings are not full. They disappear and sometimes come back the next day, but other times, they are just gone. This is very frustrating because I want to watch all my recordings but cannot when they unexplainably disappear. Considering switching services. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Can you try the following steps to make sure all devices have access to the recordings? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityEva 

We are having problems accessing on every single device. A few of the recordings have randomly come back, but not all. We have no idea what caused them to come back, but some are. This is what happens, they disappear for 1 day to 1 week and then only some come back. 

We have tried troubleshooting and have not found any issues.

I tried the following steps and everything was already how they should be.  

We want all recordings to be there all the time without randomly disappearing. 

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

I completely understand. Let's get your account pulled up privately so we can start troubleshooting the specific cable box. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 

 • Click the direct message icon

 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 

 • Press Enter to send your message 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  Recorded programs appear and disappear randomly.  Some reappear, others do not.  We have used only 35% of recording capacity and have not made any changes to our service or devices.   This is has been an issue with several people and no resolution from xfinity.  Please fix this.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_ba93c4 Thank you for following and reaching out through our Community Forums for this issue. We can further troubleshoot your account for the recordings and submit a ticket for this. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address for further assistance. Thank you in advance!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I am also having the same issue.

How was this it resolved?

Do I need to get the box changed?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @mat23. I see you are in a similar situation. I'll be glad to help. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message. Please add your first and last name to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have the exact same problem. And when I finally got through to an Xfinity "agent" after 35 minutes of going nowhere with the automated system, the guy I got asked, asked me questions for 45 minutes and just hung up on me .. nothing resolved. Unfortunately I couldn't take the customer satisfaction survey afterwards. I would have had a lot to say.

This is ridiculous service. I've had this issue for a year....

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue for me and I'm not real confident it will be resolved!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This can't be Rocket Science... I have to think SOMEONE at Xfinity would know how to fix this.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @user_a6311f. I am sorry that you did not get a resolution for this when you called in. We would be happy to help. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

I am having a similar issue.  6 of my dvr recordings have disappeared in the past 2 nights.  First 2 were lost and now 6.  Not deleted by me so they are not in the recent delete folder.  These are not cloud recordings but recordings on my hard drive set top box.  A few months back over 1/2 of my recordings disappeared but a tech guy was able to restore them.  I have done a system refresh and all the rebooting but nothing works.  Is Xfinity purging peoples recordings now?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Has anyone gotten a solution for this issue? I have been having this issue for months and xfinity hasn’t yet to fix this. 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Hi @user_085c6a, thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums. Welcome to the community. I am showing a recent problem that our Advanced Repair team has been working on. Your issue very well might fit in this category. We do have a temporary solution. I will need to send a signal to your box from my end to clear up the problem. Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!  

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

I am still having this issue after posting about the problem a few days back.  I called xfinity which is always problematic just getting a live person and she tried several fixes...none of which worked.  I was issued an "advanced" ticket order number and told I would be called back by a tech person higher up in the chain and that never happened either.  I lost another recording last night so now I've lost 8.  Xfinity is deleting my recordings on some random basis....not in order and not by date.  I've tried emailing directly to xfinity support as the Xfinity employee suggests on a post above and received no response from them either.  I need this issue fixed now.  What's going on?

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

To send a Private Message, please click on the link https://comca.st/3rVbZna to initiate a live chat. I apologize as I do not see any current private messages. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same thing happening to us now for weeks. It seems right around 6:00 p.m. daily my recorded shows disappear. They are not found anywhere but the next day they show up again. Not sure if all are there but at least some are. Called in for support last night and spent well over an hour and they could not help whatsoever. Issue is happening on multiple boxes so I know it's not the box. Paying $200 monthly one would think these issues wouldn't happen. Time to start shopping for a new provider.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_76fb0e Hello and thank you for letting us know you are experiencing issues with your recordings. This would be frustrating and I want to help. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

I am still having this issue and now have lost a total of 10 recordings.  Xfinity now sending over a tech guy to look at my equipment tomorrow but frankly I don't hold out much hope.  I've told them other customers are having the same issue.  the tech guy will probably tell me it's a bad box and then say I have to swap it out but then I will lose all of my recordings.  and the last senior tech guy I spoke with at comcast said I should have 45% space on my hard drive still so this makes no sense.  something is going on a corporate and they aren't telling anyone.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having a similar issue. We just ordered a new DVR box as your system suggested that we do that. However, we want to capture one video that consists of my wife being interviewed on TV news. We can see it on our TV listing but it does not show up when I go to Xfinity on my PC. The filter shows All Devices so it theoretically should show on my browser on my PC. We do not want to swap the old DVR for the new DVR until we can capture that video. Any advice? I see no settings on your website when I am in the Saved section that would reveal missing videos of which there are quite a few. Will wait to swap DVR's until we hear back. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_6eb630, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your DVR services. We definitely want you to be able to record your wife on the news as that sounds extremely exciting! Just to clarify, are you showing the recording on your TV listings just not on your PC?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I have lost about twenty previously recorded shows and movies and my DVR is only 34% full. I've tried doing a Refresh and no change. How can I get my recordings back?

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

Hello, @user_49c0fd. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your DVR. I would like to assist you and take a look.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? O

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem as all of the other posters. I do not like the response "let's take this to private chat", especially when no follow-up feedback is posted. The viewing community at large is entitled to know if this is truly a box-by-box problem or if the issue is systemic. Would someone who has had this problem resolved please post a follow-up.  Unfortunately, I'll likely not get a response...those who have had a resolution have no reason to return to this thread...but I can hope.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

@smithee125

I have no solution for you as I have now lost a total of 13 recordings for the past 4 weeks.  Xfinity is well aware and it is not a box problem but a "back office" problem that has been documented.  I have been in phone contact with the executive care team who tells me engineering is working on it but so far no answers are provided.  No amount of refresh or reboot will help cause it's not your set top box.  They even sent out a tech guy to my house who told me it's not the box.  So don't waste your time dealing with any of the "official employee" responses as they don't have the answers either.  I am hoping to get a call from the guy I have been dealing with from their escalation team on Monday and if I end up with any answers I will certainly post.

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

We would like to look into your  concern. Please send us  a private message. 

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

Hi @smithee125 ! I'm so sorry you're seeing this issue. As a movie fan, I'd be really upset to have this happen! We always want to make sure we provide the best resolution publicly when we can. However, sometimes it's helpful to check the account for any notations on known issues that would be causing this or to troubleshoot the equipment if needed. Did you still need assistance with this DVR issue? If so, what troubleshooting have you tried already?

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Now after 5 weeks of dealing with this issue with the xfinity executive care team...they have come up with this answer.  You need to replace your DVR box which is not the case.  Even their tech guy who came out said all my equipment is fine so what ever the issue at the "back office" is they won't say.  I have now lost 16 recordings and I assume they will keep disappearing.  You can see how many customers are being affected by this issue from the number of recent posts having the same problem.  All I can say is Xfinity is not willing to do anything about it.  I wish I had a solution or better news.  And of course if you switch out to a new DVR then you lose 100% of all your recordings and have to start again.  This back office problem is not getting fixed.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here. Xfinity is zero help. It didn’t start happening until we downgraded our dvr plan to the cheap one. I kinda of think they do this on purpose so you will upgrade the plan. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_8443ea​ nah. I upgraded to pay $10/month for more storage then today i scroll thru and see some of my oldest recorded movies are gone…… stuff i wont find avain like the emigrants and the new land with liv ullman and max von sydow.
this after a month plus of the hbomax issue….

what in heck am i paying for?????  Reliabilty zero

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_8443ea​ 

nah i added more storage for $10/month and today i see that my older recordings are gone. They were here when i added the storage. This after a couple months without hbomax workings. Crikey what the heck am i paying gor????

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @user_5e98d5! Thank you for reaching out on our community forum. I sincerely regret hearing that you're missing older recordings. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? I'll be happy to look into this for you!

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Rep said they would be back in contact with me to assist further in recovering my lost recordings. I've heard nothing and that was two weeks ago. I'm now considering another service provider. This is ridiculous....especially since my rates keep going up....and service is going down.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

I have now lost of total of 19 recordings...and nothing being done about it.  Executive care has been following up with me but they say the only solution is get a new DVR box...which means I lose all recordings and have to start all over.  I've been a comcast customer for over 20 years and never had a problem with the DVR until January this year.  Something is going on at their back office to delete these recordings on a random basis.  Again not by age or alpha.   And they claim they can't restore them.  I have lost new recordings in the cloud as well.  So they have a problem with the cloud storage and again nothing being done.  I'm sure they know what is causing this and simply won't say.  Surely tied to sales somehow.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I called to adjust my service due to the higher rates.  Spoke to the rep mentioned my DVR service was important and I had an issue in 2021 where I lost my recordings. At that time the rep told me my “account was reviewed” and they corrected the service for which I was paying - without any notice mind you.

Back to my call today - we agreed on a service package which should have included the same DVR plan and needless to say I went to my DVR recordings after the call the box was “full” - and I could not see how many recordings I had.   Contacted CS again and was informed by the rep that I had the “premium DVR service” for an additional $20/monthly that allowed me an additional 300 hours of recordings.  We again agreed on a package with the added premium service and I was assured my recordings would be there - they were not- and I ultimately lost 41 recordings…yes you read that right!

Wether or not “accounts are being reviewed” or a clear back office/programming problem with the DVR service its a know issue that more than needs addressing.  Consumers are paying too much monthly for a service that is flawed!

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@user_866b83 This is not the experincien we want you to have. I would like to take a look at your account and see what's going on with you.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here