U

20 Messages

Thursday, June 20th, 2024 7:31 PM

recording conflict

Why can't I record more than one program at a time?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

Hey user_znwjg9, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Each box has tuners that are used to view channels and record shows. If there are more channels being watched or recordings scheduled than tuners you'll get that error. Have you checked the Scheduled Recordings page to see how many series are set to record?

20 Messages

There was an overlap between two programs that I set to be recorded. I had done that previously and since without any problem.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_znwjg9 That makes sense and thanks for getting back to us with your solution! If it happens often though, we can take a look at you equipment and provide solutions if you can send us a direct message.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

20 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​ 

I don't know how to send a direct message. The instructions do not seem to correspond to what I see on my computer screen. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We are happy to help with your issues trying to send a Direct Message @user_znwjg9. Our team wants to connect with you so we can further assist. To confirm, are you seeing an option to sign in to your account? If so, do you see the "Direct Messaging" icon? If not, are you able to try another web browser? What type of device are you currently using? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

20 Messages

3 months ago

I don't have a solution.

Shouldn't I get notified if there is a reply to my post?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_znwjg9 We are happy to assist you with your billing concern today. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

20 Messages

3 months ago

This is getting annoying. Today it told me that it had recorded the game, but it did not record the game.

And the rewind has a new trick: Going backward and forward at the same time. While fast forwarding, the indicator on the bottom of the screen jumps back to the beginning but the image on the screen jumps ahead.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_znwjg9, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the recent recording of a sporting event. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Depending on the level of DVR service within the subscription, the account may be limited to 2 concurrent recordings. While the guide will show that it is scheduled to be recorded, if more than two shows are scheduled, it will not record a third. You can view and manage future recordings by visiting our 'View Scheduled Recordings With X1 AnyRoom DVR' support page. 

With the fast-forward and rewinding, have you attempted to power cycle the set-top box by unplugging the power cor for 20-30 seconds and plugging the device back in? I would also highly recommend downloading the Xfinity App and using the Xfinity Assistant to help troubleshoot the set-top box. It can help you to troubleshoot, send signals, and even schedule a service technician if needed. It has come in handy a few times for me and my personal services. 

20 Messages

How do I find out how many scheduled concurrent recordings I am allowed?

If I set up to record two shows that are broadcast back-to-back is that two concurrent recordings due to the one minute extra at each end?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Do you happen to know if you have access to 20 hours of cloud DVR or 150 hours of Cloud DVR? Also, I would check the scheduled recordings you have now and check the extended times. If you have a show record 2 minutes past the recording and you have a show starting at the exact start time or sooner, you could receive a recording conflict. @user_znwjg9

20 Messages

I'll try the unplug bit and see if it works. Is there anything I need to do after plugging it back in?

I have cloud DVR? Didn't know that. How can I figure out how many hours I have?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_znwjg9

Great question once you plug it back in there's nothing you need to do,  the TV box will go through the X1 set up  process once, it's done your live channel will start to play.

To see your current storage https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs  %, press the xfinity button on your remote, then click Saved, then Recordings.

If you want to see that storage amount that comes with your DVR  service you can also go to the Xfinity app https://www.xfinity.com/apps go to your detailed bill view PDF file.

On that PDF file document there is detailed explanation on page 3 of the services you have,  it will show you cloud DVR service 20 hours or if you have DVR service for $10 that gives you 150 hours of DVR storage or it could just dvr service included with plan depending on the type of plan you have

If you would like for us to go over your specific account details, go ahead and send us a direct message so we can look deeper into your account.

To send a direct message:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here