bdpiper's profile

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

RDK-03033 Errors

About a week ago, we started getting three or four cable box crashes a day. The video just locks up and the cable box needs to be restarted. The "My Account" app still thinks everything is fine and there are no outages. I've checked the connections and they are all tight. At this point not sure what to do next. To recap, we did the following:

1. Check connections
  2. Restarted cable box
  3. Uplugged cable box for 30 seconds and repowered

Although each time the box restarts, it is still crashing 3 to 4 times a day. Any ideas would be appreciated

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing. The issue (RDK-03033) has been identified and should be resolved during our next firmware release happening next week. Please report back at the end of next week if you continue to experience this issue. 

Thank you in advance for your patience.

**Marking as Best Answer so all customers reporting RDK-03033 will see this message. Will unmark if there is  confirmation that the latest firmware update did not resolve this**

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ComcastJessie It is 2021 July and this issue still persist.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We have two X1 cable boxes in our home, one in the living room and one in a personal bedroom. For the last few days, when trying to change channels, we receive a RDK-03033 error message. All plugs and wires have checked and double checked, yet in continues. DVR recordings as well as Netflix, Hulu and other internet apps continually flake out. Is this a company wide problem? What can you do to fix this?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@BrianC72 wrote:

We have two X1 cable boxes in our home, one in the living room and one in a personal bedroom. For the last few days, when trying to change channels, we receive a RDK-03033 error message. All plugs and wires have checked and double checked, yet in continues. DVR recordings as well as Netflix, Hulu and other internet apps continually flake out. Is this a company wide problem? What can you do to fix this?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-errorcode-rdk-03033-unable-to-connect-to-xfinity-tv 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

We are having the EXACT same issue with the RDK-03033 error. We have only one box and no splitter in the house. Our issue began after we upgraded to the 1Gig internet service. The issue is intermittent. I have done a restart of the system from the X1 app, problem came back an hour later. Then did a hard restart by disconnecting power for 10 seconds and then powering back up. Problem came back the next night when watching DVR program. This time I waited five minutes (had to watch the commercials, HA painful!) The the error went away. Hour later, error popped up.......waited 10 minutes.....went away again. Everytime I check the app it stated that service shows NO Errors. 

Bottom line, we should not have to reboot our system every couple of hours to deal with this. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I am getting error code RDK-03033 every two hours, about 10 minutes before the hour (like 9:50, 11:50, etc.). I have done restarts and unplugged the cable box and called to report this error and got a system restart from Comcast. However, this error continues. It locks up my TV for about 10 minutes and then resolves itself--until two hours later it does it again. This has been happening for about three days.  Can you help to find a resolution to this?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This has happen a couple times to us too.  It happens out of the blue and they have to send a tech out and do some magical repair that leaves me with some new piece of equipment to make it work. They don't charge me for it but it's always something.  When the next tech comes out they remove what ever was put there last and put something completely new in somewhere else. The system works great for a while then "bang" different TV's in the house start popping up with the error and locking up the TV.  We have to pull the power and plug it back in and let it reboot.  Mine started doing again last week so once again I guess I need a new doo hicky.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Over the past week, my X1s (both the DVR and two non-DVR boxes) stop responding for several minutes every few hours.  TV displays "We're having trouble connecting to the internet," error code RDK-03033.   Program/live TV keeps playing during the dusruption, but no inputs/changes can be made via the remote, so no changing channel, pausing playback, accessing Guide or DVR, or any other services.  There are several reports of this on this forum, and elsewhere.  

This is not a cable issue (cables are tight and were swap-checked), this is not a hardware issue (happens on all of my boxes at different times, and happens to other users even after hardware replacement),, this has not been remedied by a signal refresh, this is most obviously a software issue as it started happening recently to multiple users.  Restarting the box works, temporarily, but obviously that cannot and should be done multiple times per day.  Other users have timed the problem, hence the 10 mintues every 2 hours cited.  

Also, intermittantly, in between these disruptions, the show/recording freezes, and the following error message is displayed, "Please try again...we're having some trouble on our end...XRE-03061."  This happens from zero to a dozen times in between the aforementioned disruptions.  

I have yet to see an Official Comcast Employee acknowlege this issue.  This is more than a minor inconvenience, it's a major service fail.  Is Comcast working a software fix for this problem?  Thank you.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Same old stuff still happening in April 2021.  TVs doing the same exact thing.  One just went completely off, dead.  Another will not respond to the remote.  Another getting the RDK3033 message.  Just about had it with cable.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I am getting tired of doing power resets to temporarily clear this problem.  If I am watching TV and decide to look at the guide or change channel - that darn message box pops up and I can't change channels.   Last night while watching Netflix - I lost connection to the program and it kicked me out twice - I have powered off for 10 sec and plugged it back in - I have reset the box from the Xi app until I am blue in the face - This is getting ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Over the past week we have also started to get this error / issue often.  We have made sure the cable connections are good,  done TV box restarts and system refreshes, and sometimes just waited.  It goes away but then comes back again.  There have been no changes to our equipment or setup since it was installed.  The on-line chat had no next options and I have not seen any solutions in the forum. 

I'm a first time user of the forum, so I was wondering if somebody from Xfinity monitors these message boards and provide feedback?

Thanks for any help.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Afraid it would seem that no one from Comcast monitors the forum. This issue has been raised multiple times since March and no help other than to point toward the usual restart, connection suggestions found on line and on the app. 

I have a Tech coming out on Saturday so will let you know if anything changes. I suspect for our system it may be that I had a box in a sare BR but no longer needed so returned box to Comcast. However the line is still hooked up at the outside box. Could be a signal leak. I would have just disconnected the line but I do not have the proper cap to install on the power booster to insure no line leakage......hence the need for a tech to come out. 

Now last night we were able to watch multiple DVR shows with no issue. I probably just jinxed us for tonight though! LOL

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Please let us know what the tech says. We are having the same issue.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I ve had the problem as early as 10 am and well into the evening......Ive checked connections - done a hard (power off) reset - restarted the gateway and restarted the TV  box - nothing helps.  Got kicked off of Netflix a couple of nights  ago about 9 pm and after the second time, just gave up on watch Netflix.  The problem is so ANNOYING and I might not be so angry IF someone from Comcast would talk to us

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

I know, seems like it has to be something like that given the quick onset... I've tried turning off powersaver (that helped with a similar issue a couple of years ago) but not improvement. Checking all the connections caused no improvement. We have noticed the errors happen most often in the late afternoon and early evening. Any similarity to what you are seeing?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Been fighting this RDK 03033 error for a week now and can only reboot several times a day - Heard a rumor (don't know if it is true) that the problem is somehow tied to a recent X1 security update but haven't heard from Comcast - it is like they don't exist - Im ANNOYED but what can I do but continue to reboot.....

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

And Comcast is silent......beginning to think that they messed up in some way....probably some system update since this came on pretty suddenly

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here