kaltorak1's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, October 30th, 2022 2:07 AM

Closed

Please make it possible to page-up/page-down in Guide with the channel-up & channel-down buttons

Pretty sure I'm using an X1 box, and I far prefer Guide interfaces where channel-up and channel-down cause the Guide to scroll a full page (and the directional pad moves between channels on a given page.)

I can't find any config option to get that behavior.

Could you please create one?

Thanks!!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

is your guide text white on black background? does the remote have a microphone button so you can say "ABC" (for example)? the XR11/XR15 are the most recent X1 remotes and they have page up/down dedicated buttons.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hey @kaltorak1,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We would most certainly like to help by taking a look at the account and make sure you have the most up-to-date equipment. Especially our X1 Platform. Would you also be able to take a look at the back of your remote control and let us know if you have an XR5, XR11, or XR15 remote? I know our newer remotes have a "Page Up" and "Page Down" button which should scroll the guide a full page. We hope to hear from you soon.  

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Hi all!  Thanks for responding.

I have an XR15-UQ remote, and it does have Page Up and Page Down physical buttons (which work great!)

Thing is, I'm trying to drive my X1 box, and everything else, with a Logitech Harmony Elite remote - and on that remote, the Channel Up / Channel Down physical buttons are much more convenient than the Page Up / Page Down buttons on the touchscreen.  If I could configure the X1 box to treat Channel Up / Channel Down as Page Up / Page Down for Guide purposes (like Tivo's interface), all my gear would play more nicely together.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I appreciate the clarification. Just to make sure we are on the same page. You configured our TV box with the Logitech Harmony Elite remote but the Channel Up / Channel Down option on the guide is not allowing you to scroll all the way down. Am I understanding correctly? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ Yes!  Mostly?  The Channel Up / Channel Down buttons do not move me a page at a time when I've got the Guide open.  Instead, they change the channel up or down (just like they literally say they will.)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and will be more than happy to pass it along. With using a third-party remote,  we would not be able to provide support and recommend using our Xfinity XR remotes that we provide with the set-top boxes for best functionality. We would recommend reaching out to the remote manufacture for additional information and assistance with any possible programming scenarios that may fulfill your remote control needs.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here