U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 29th, 2021 2:30 AM

Closed

Peacock app stopped working

open peacock app and click on a show it says “something went wrong” “sorry, there was a playback error. Please try again”

ive done all the unplugging and wifi tests recommended on forums. Still doesn’t work.

it worked 2 days ago just fine.

what can be done??????

do I need a new Xfinity box?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing is happening to me. It worked fine the other day and then all day yesterday and still this morning I get the same message you’re getting with Puss in Boots on the screen. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same problem, Peacock on the Flex box

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm getting same error with Puss N Boots!!

Please fix this thing!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I was accessing Peacock through Xfinity (by saying the show name or Peacock into the remote) which is when the error message came up over and over. So I went to my tv’s home screen and downloaded the Peacock app. It works if you do it that way!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same thing was happening to me and I was able to get it working again by launching Peacock, going into the app settings and setting up a new profile. After opening the new profile I am no longer seeing that cat! My original profile must have been corrupted somehow.

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

An error with the Peacock app was detected and resolved on 10/29/21, @user_dfaaf2 . If you, or any other user, are experiencing any errors, please send us a direct message with the account information using the instructions below:

To send a direct message:

Please only send a direct message when requested by an official employee--sending a chat when not requested may result in the chat being lost given the high volume of chat requests received daily.

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link: https://comca.st/2ZJzHa4
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

We ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address alongside your inquiry so we can best assist. Please also include what username you are signing in with, as well as any error codes or messages presents, and any other relevant details.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I signed out / unlinked my email from my Peacock account on the flex and then linked it again and it started working again.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My wife called Xfinity to see what could be done. They had her click on the peacock app and it miraculously work.

We’ll see how long it lasts🤞 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Comcast says it's fixed. But not for everyone. But to fix it,

1. Press Xfinity button

2. Go to Apps and click on it

3. Dont use app under featured

4. Find and click on black peacock not the yellow.

5. When prompted click user account you want to use. (If it asked, if not move to next step)

6. Now go out of peacock by clicking guide button on the remote.

7. Now when you say Peacock into the remote is will load in the correct one and work as usual.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Snyper94z28 there's no xfinity button first of all on the flex xr16 .. nothing you said made sense

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thanks, Snyper, that fixed the problem perfectly (using an X1 box, rel. 139.0.1)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

PEACOCK USED TO WORK ON MY XFINITY FLEX BUT NOW, CONSTANTLY GET "SOMETHING WENT WRONG ERROR"  after I click on something I want to watch.  All other functions work.  Xfinity rep was useless.  Peacock works on all my other devices no problem.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @user_253d13. Can you confirm which if any of the steps on this thread that you have completed? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had the same problem with Xfinity and peacock not working.  They told me to go to settings, then privacy, then clear cache...and I now can watch Peacock!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@DLui64  

perfect! thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @Emclachlan!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity here on our Community Forum to voice your concerns.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can.  How are things running at this time?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have had the same problem for months, and I have never had it successfully playback anything. I've turned it off and back on again, restarted devices, unplugged and plugged it back in. I have given up at this point. The only thing I can think of, is to raise awareness with Peacock, because it may be a communication issue from their app to the xfinity device. I tried on a different device, and zero problems.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Can you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity
Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here