U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, December 24th, 2022 5:12 PM

Closed

Paramount Plus

When trying to view Paramount Plus through my Xfinity TV Box, Paramony Plus times out with an error code APPS-04036. It works on my other devices but not my Xfinity set top box. Restarting the box helps initially, but then it locks up. I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions multiple times. I was wondering if the set top box is not 100% compatible with Paramount Plus. All other streaming apps work fine. What is the procedure to request the newest set top box?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same with me. Doesn't work on Flex but works fine on my iPhone.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

Hello @user_07bbc7 thank you for reaching out to Xfinity on our Forums! I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue with the Paramount+ App. I would like to work with you on troubleshooting the error code you are receiving. 

To get started troubleshooting, I have to ask that you please send me a Direct Message. This is because I will need to access your account to troubleshoot the error code you are experiencing. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I've had the same problem, Paramount plus will not load. I've gone through several threads and found that Xfinity

has known about this problem for at least 7 months. I've called tech support, all they gave me were elementary 

possible solutions, like rebooting, they would reboot on their side. The problem was supposedly escalated to their

higher tech support team.....still does not work. 

I see that many customers were told to get new boxes and many have gotten several boxes, and still the app can't load. 

Now I read on the thread Xfinitychristian says, email me, I can help.....what's going on, Xfinity knows this is a national problem,

and have done nothing to remedy the problem.

I guess the only thing that I can do, is get a refund  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same here wish Xfinity would fix it

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there, @user_07bbc7! I'm so sorry you guys are having issues with the Paramount App. This is currently a national issue that we're aware of. The Engineering team is currently working on a patch to repair the issue. Once the patch is ready it'll be released in an X1 update. In the meantime we have found that power cycling the device and/or relaunching the app fixes it temporality. Really sorry about the inconvenience everybody. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same here. They told me it was my box. Got new box, still doesn't work and now the clock on the new box has one very bright digit and the others are dim. Ugh.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I am thinking it is my box; my box is

Model AX013ANM

It is not shown on the Paramount Pluslist of compatible boxes, but then again it is not shown on the incompatible list either. It is a fairly old box. “pandmwik” what box Model did they give you? How did you get them to send you one?

Thanks

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@user_07bbc7​ I have the larger box with the clock. I was having other issues and they told me the box needed to be replaced as it was too old. The box they sent would not work at all. They sent a tech out and he said they sent the wrong bow. They sent a secondary box. He gave me the correct box (with messed up display) but Paramount still does not work (it worked until about 2 weeks ago though)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_07bbc7, we would be happy to help with the Paramount plus app issue when using our X1 system. 

Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address?

To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Nice to meet you Craig, and thanks for the account information! If you would like, I can send you an updated box for the home no problem. Is the TV you use 4K, and I'll send the latest box we have for it, or is it still a standard HD TV? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Good Morning EricB,

Currently I am using a Plasma TV which I believe is HD, however I plan to upgrade to a OLED 4K TV in the near future. Can I use the 4K box with my Plasma TV until then without any issues? Is the new box a DVR as is my current one? After I receive the new box what is the procedure to return my old box?

Thanks so much for your help.

Craig

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

@user_07bbc7. The 4k DVR can be used with the current TV you own. To return the cable box, you can either return it to your local Xfinity store found here https://www.xfinity.com/local/store-offers?q=32.4337%2C-111.1429 or to any UPS store, and they will ship it to us at no cost. I'm happy to double check which cable box you have, please send us a direct message by clicking the Direct Messaging icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name and address so we may further assist you.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

help mine is not working send new box

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

from Randy 7 

when will this be fixed?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_2dcc66! I want to make sure you can enjoy all your streaming apps on your Xfinity cable box. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_2dcc66​ 

Don't waste your time re-booting or getting a new box. Paramount plus doesn't work with Xfinity. There has been a problem for over 7 months with no resolution currently available.

I did a work-around. You must have a fire stick installed, then download paramount plus from the fire stick. Once downloaded, you'll use the fire stick to watch programs

on paramount plus. It works perfectly. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

After my recent comment just a few hours ago, I decided to do a work around. Since Paramount Plus does not work on my Xfinity box, and no, getting

a new box or powering down doesn't work. My solutions was to use my Fire Stick, download the paramount plus app, and see if it works that way. Guess What,

it works, Paramount Plus comes right up and is available right away, no waiting forever just to get timed out.

Hope this helps.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_396a6e. I can understand the convenience of using the app on the X1 box and we want to do what we can to help. Box swaps do work in some cases, but if it does not, we want to put in a ticket to bring attention to the issue. The more we get from each account helps resolve it. Does it happen on all of your tv boxes?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Don't waste your time re-booting or getting a new box. Paramount plus doesn't with Xfinity. There has been a problem for over 7 months with no resolution currently available.

I did a work-around. You must have a fire stick installed, then download paramount plus from the fire stick. Once downloaded, you'll use the fire stick to watch programs

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am one of the many customers that are also having issues with Paramount Plus not working. The response from Xfinity that you have to subscribe from them for the app to work is garbage. We stream Disney Plus and Hulu through the box and our subscription is included with our cell phone, and there are no issues whatsoever. 

If you use voice command and bring up a program that streams on Paramount Plus and select launch Paramount Plus, it will load. That is how we watched 1923 and Tulsa King, for instance. After viewing, the main menu does stay loaded and will work. 

This is a very odd occurrence and no explanation why it would work in this instance, but directly loading will cause error message to display. Call me crazy, but this does, in fact, sound like an Xfinity problem. Why does Xfinity continue to deny that it is a problem on their end?!?!?

EDIT: Just tried the workaround of pulling up a program and launching the app. Now that doesn’t even work. Xfinity wonders why they are losing customers. Perhaps this is a prime example?

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hello and thank you for reaching out to us here with this concern, if all the other apps work properly on the cable box then it sounds like the app itself maybe defective. Have you tried removing the app from the box and adding it back?  

Contributor

• 

606 Messages

Please provide instructions as to how to remove and reinstall the app from the Xfinity box

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@tbill1​ 

Don't waste your time re-booting or getting a new box. Paramount plus doesn't work with Xfinity. There has been a problem for over 7 months with no resolution currently available.

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Hi @tbill1, thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Community for support via Forums. It is unfortunate to hear that you are having an issue with your X1 cable box apps. You have come to the right place to get assistance with your cable issues. I hate when I have app issues, so I completely understand the concern.  What X1 app are you currently having issues with?

Contributor

• 

606 Messages

Please reread my question...Several times I have seen Comcast employees suggest removing the Paramount + app from the 

Xfinity box and reinstalling it as a solution for the 100's that have complained it doesn't work.  I simply want to know how that is done?

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Getting error code APPS-04036 yesterday and today! Paying for this through Xfinity, have rebooted box and still have to try and log in multiple times, when I do get lucky the app lags! Why am I paying for this?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@jkurt45​ 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @jkurt45. I appreciate you bringing this error message that you're getting to our attention via Forums. I'd be more than happy to help troubleshoot with you. Have you tried removing the app from the box and adding it back? 

Contributor

• 

606 Messages

You are the 3rd Comcast rep. I have seen to suggest something that can't be done.

Official Employee

• 

983 Messages

Hi there, @tbill1 Thank you so much for your time and patience! I do apologize if you have an X1 box, unfortunately, you would not be able to uninstall the Paramount App or any app that comes preloaded onto the X1 box.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ and how do you go about removing an app that was already on xfinity?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have been having the same issue. Only on the main box. I get the error code launching Paramount Plus. Only on the main set. HOWEVER, as stated, if I know what show I want to watch, I can use the remote voice command and it will bring up the show on Paramount Plus! 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_fe710d​ 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

What worked for me was getting a new TV box that was on the Paramount Plus Xfinity TV compatible list found on Paramount Plus’s website. The one that worked for me was XG1v4-A. For reference from the Paramount Plus website: 

Supported models

You can stream with these supported models:

X1

• XG2v2-S
  • XG2v2-P
  • Xi3
  • XG1v3
  • XG1v4
  • XiD
  • Xi5
  • Xi6
  • XiOne

Flex

• Xi5
  • Xi6
  • XiOne

XClass

• XClass / Hisense

Hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

606 Messages

@user_07bbc7​ Their list doesn't help because I have one of the supported models and it doesn't load.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here