Galvin's profile

Contributor

 • 

30 Messages

Sun, Nov 11, 2018 11:00 PM

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

 

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Official Employee

 • 

2.5K Messages

2 y ago

{edit: please disregard and see previous update}

Official Employee

 • 

2.5K Messages

2 y ago

Thanks, good to know. I did find out that the updates will be pushed out in phases, which is why some of you are noticing a correction to the problem and others are still experiencing it. Please allow another 7 days or so and then let me know what the status is. Thanks again. 

Official Employee

 • 

2.5K Messages

2 y ago

Thanks for letting me know. The update has not been fully completed yet and is still in progress. Please allow another 7 days or so and then we can touch base again at that point to see if anything has changed.

Tooky61

Contributor

 • 

41 Messages

2 y ago

Well, after five months of:

  • There is no problem
  • It must be on your end
  • You can switch out for a box you don't really need
  • We know about the problem and it will be fixed by the end of January
  • You can switch out for a box you don't really need for $15.00

It finally works again with no stuttering here in NH!  My long nightmare is over.

Pfrwatlans

Contributor

 • 

25 Messages

2 y ago

Not fixed yet in Lansing Mi
rjom

Contributor

 • 

56 Messages

2 y ago

Still stuttering in MA.
mfrank1

Contributor

 • 

41 Messages

2 y ago


@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Thanks for letting me know. The update has not been fully completed yet and is still in progress. Please allow another 7 days or so and then we can touch base again at that point to see if anything has changed.


Still stuttering in NJ.

Official Employee

 • 

2.5K Messages

2 y ago

The update is coming down the pipeline soon to those that haven't received it.

mvyk

Frequent Visitor

 • 

10 Messages

2 y ago

Finally fixed in Sacramento, CA!

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Is there anything that I need to do, or any request that I need to make in order to receive the update that will resolve the Netflix stuttering effect?

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@Steven1224 wrote:

Is there anything that I need to do, or any request that I need to make in order to receive the update that will resolve the Netflix stuttering effect?


no, update happen all the time. use voice command 'about' to see xre and firmware version. the firmware version may differ a few days between some model numbers (example: xg1v4)

mfrank1

Contributor

 • 

41 Messages

2 y ago


@Rustyben wrote:

@Steven1224 wrote:

Is there anything that I need to do, or any request that I need to make in order to receive the update that will resolve the Netflix stuttering effect?


no, update happen all the time. use voice command 'about' to see xre and firmware version. the firmware version may differ a few days between some model numbers (example: xg1v4)


Can anyone provide the firmware or update version that fixes the Netflix stuttering problem?

TerriB

Most Valued Poster

 • 

3K Messages

2 y ago


@mfrank1 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@Steven1224 wrote:

Is there anything that I need to do, or any request that I need to make in order to receive the update that will resolve the Netflix stuttering effect?


no, update happen all the time. use voice command 'about' to see xre and firmware version. the firmware version may differ a few days between some model numbers (example: xg1v4)


Can anyone provide the firmware or update version that fixes the Netflix stuttering problem?


@Rustyben....I would also like to know the update version number/date we should be looking for. We get updates that have nothing to do with Netflix so how would we know unless we constantly go to Netflix to check for stutter...thats just silly.

Pfrwatlans

Contributor

 • 

25 Messages

2 y ago

I agree with the previous 2 posters
ComcastAmira

Official Employee

 • 

2.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hello all, we are still working to get the updates filtered out. In the meantime, we ask that you please allow us time to get them out to everyone who is still experiencing the stutter. We absolutely appreciate your patience and will reach out with any updates provided. Thank you!

New to the Community?

Start Here