Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@thunderwalker wrote:
Wow 3 months and no news. What kinda bull is that. More like don’t care.

Satellite here I come......

Have been avoiding Netflix due to the stutter but last night could not find anything good to watch at 11PM to 'relax me' as I fall asleep  so tuned to Blue Bloods on Netflix but the stutter was so annoying I had to turn it off.  It seemed worse than usual.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

There is no new news for this at this time. For those of you new to the forums, you will need to post at least one time publicly, in order to attempt sending me a private message. Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

First World problem, indeed.  But paid for by quite a bit of First World money every month.  Certainly enough to expect some better attention to the issue than we've been getting.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Even though there is no news about a fix, I'm sure we'd all be interested in learning more about ComcastMorgan's reported meeting with the Netflix team.  Do they acknowlege there is a problem?  Is anyone working on this?  Or do they persist in the fiction that each person's stutter issue is unique to their own location and equipment, as opposed to being a broader network issue? 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@mfrank1 wrote:

Even though there is no news about a fix, I'm sure we'd all be interested in learning more about ComcastMorgan's reported meeting with the Netflix team.  Do they acknowlege there is a problem?  Is anyone working on this?  Or do they persist in the fiction that each person's stutter issue is unique to their own location and equipment, as opposed to being a broader network issue? 

===

From what I can see by the posts from all over the place..........this is NOT an issue unique to our equipment or location so  they really need to not try to put the problem on our shoulders.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Tooky61 wrote:
I agree. It’s getting worse not better. I just use my fire stick now that works just fine.

The only device we watch Netflix on is the tv so we are stuck until they fix it which I am not holding my breath over

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

I agree. It’s getting worse not better. I just use my fire stick now that works just fine.

Contributor

• 

245 Messages

5 years ago

After experiencing the stutter, I switched to the XG1v4.  No stutter.

Form what it’s worth..l

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@lawnguru wrote:

After experiencing the stutter, I switched to the XG1v4.  No stutter.

Form what it’s worth..l

==

Really glad that helped you  but I cannot imagine having to swap out  a  box to solve this problem when there is no other need for the newer box

Contributor

• 

245 Messages

5 years ago

I agree with you. This gives them a "known good," so they should be able to figure it out. 

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

5 years ago

I also swapped boxes to the 4K and no longer have the issue. I would not have swapped as I can view Netflix via the native Samsung smart TV app but I was experiencing another weird issue where live TV would stutter when another TV in the house was viewing on demand content or Netflix. The 4K box resolved that issue as well. Seems to be software issue on the Arris DVR boxes. Is everyone running the same model? Might be good to catalog that info. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

They have known about this for months the level of how unacceptable this is beyond comprehension. We need info and need to know details of what is being done.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

I find it interesting that I did receive a call from Comcast in early January after Morgan put in a ticket for me stating that the problem would be fixed by the end of the month but Morgan knows nothing about it.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

@eeemoney wrote:

I also swapped boxes to the 4K and no longer have the issue.

Unfortunately, Xfinity, in its infinite wisdom, eliminated the digital optical out port on its 4K boxes. That's the port I use to connect to my Sonos Playbar.  And am I correct that they eliminated the clock, as well?  Why reduce functionality in newer equipment?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast sent me a new 4K box, but it only has 2 HDMI ports. My system is older and I need the additional outputs for my sound bar as well. Needless to say, the 4K box went back to Comcast and I'm watching Netflix on my Samsung Blu-ray.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here