Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

587 Messages

5 years ago

Even though I don't have stutter on Netflix, I am hoping this will get resolved soon so that my stutter of music videos on Youtube (all 5 boxes) will presumably also get fixed.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

If you are experiencing issues with Netflix, please send me a private message with your name so we can look into it. Please keep in mind that the Netflix app on X1 provides a connection to the Netflix service, which is a third-party application. Comcast does not manage content on the Netflix platform nor does it manage the Netflix application itself. We are in need of opening requests for tracking purposes on this issue.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

The connection is what’s at issue. Reminder that it also is happening with Acorn TV both on the X1 DVR box and on the web through Xfinity streaming site.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Ok, great. I didn't see it at first and just wanted to make sure you're being assisted. ComcastMorgan will continue assisting you from here. Merry Christmas to you and your family. 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

Already did with Morgan.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Tooky61

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forum. I'd like to review your account to determine if the two issues with Netflix and Acorn are related or not. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

I am having the Netflix stutter problem also.  We have X1 premium package and got Netflix  when they started offering it as part of a package upgrade we took advantage of a few months ago and all was well but lately the show  'jumps'   so I guess this is called stutter and its getting annoying. We don't lose content but scenes stop and start for a second or two constantly. This does not happen with anything else we watch  live/On Demand/DVR,etc. Reset the box but same thing keeps happening.   We don't use Netflix much as far as their orginal shows or movies yet so what I am reporthing is happening on past episodes of Blue Bloods and Law and Order SVU.  Happens when I chose one of those directly from Netflix or use regular  search and choose shows from episode list. Its really distracting. We have one settop box.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

I am having the Netflix stutter problem also.  We have X1 premium package and got Netflix  when they started offering it as part of a package upgrade we took advantage of a few months ago and all was well but lately the show  'jumps'   so I guess this is called stutter and its getting annoying. We don't lose content but scenes stop and start for a second or two constantly. This does not happen with anything else we watch  live/On Demand/DVR,etc. Reset the box but same thing keeps happening.   We don't use Netflix much as far as their orginal shows or movies yet so what I am reporthing is happening on past episodes of Blue Bloods and Law and Order SVU.  Happens when I chose one of those directly from Netflix or use regular  search and choose shows from episode list. Its really distracting. We have one settop box.

Since I have Internet for high-speed broadband (DSL) from someone else besides Comcast I can't use X1 boxes, or 4K DVR. Just my Cisco RNG150N (HD box) for linear cable. I get all my apps for 1080P and higher resolution from my "smart tv" apps for IPV viewing. I list Xfinity for my provider when needed since I have linear cable with them.

If you have a "smart tv" or a separate box for IPV, you could do the same for now. The app for Netflix found there works fine.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Since I have Internet for high-speed broadband (DSL) from someone else besides Comcast I can't use X1 boxes, or 4K DVR. Just my Cisco RNG150N (HD box) for linear cable. I get all my apps for 1080P and higher resolution from my "smart tv" apps for IPV viewing. I list Xfinity for my provider when needed since I have linear cable with them.

If you have a "smart tv" or a separate box for IPV, you could do the same for now. The app for Netflix found there works fine.

==

I am not sure what you are trying to tell me to do. Are you saying I should get Netflix access from other than Comcast or buy another kind of box for access to Netflix? We have Comcast for phone/tv/internet/mobile and one box for X1. I sure am not going to spend money elsewhere. The Netflix shows should be smooth and  not skip/ be jumpy/stutter or whatever we want to call it. This just starting a couple of weeks ago.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

TerryB:

I am just saying you are all ready paying for Netflix. If you had an alternative way to use the Netflix app over broadband you could use it that way. If you don't have that option I wouldn't spend any extra money. If not, you will just have to wait for Netflix and Comcast to fix the problem causing the app to work properely through Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Want to let everyone know that I installed a 4k dvr and it fixed the problem.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for providing an update, Bill2489. 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

We have listed the steps for resetting the Netflix app itself earlier in this thread. Here they are: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen.

DIdn't see that before. I am getting ready to do it but it says its for Netflix when its frozen and our app is  not frozen but I will reset it anyway but I can practically guarantee it won't fix the scene jumping/stuttering

. FYI...this is what it says

What to do if the Netflix App on Xfinity X1 is Frozen

If the Netflix app on Xfinity X1 is frozen, please press the A button on your remote control, scroll to the right and select Reset Netflix.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, TerriB. We are working to sort out and resolve this problem. Please make sure you have manually reset the Netflix app through the box and if the issue persists, please send me a private message with your name.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here