H

Sunday, November 5th, 2023 9:29 PM

Closed

Netflix App repeatedly failing

I've had Xfinity for years, so this is a new problem.  Netflix works just fine for 2-3 days or so.  Then, the Netflix app stops working completely.  Whether I try to start something using a voice command, or navigate to the Netflix app using the menus, the screen turns black and nothing ever happens.  When I cancel with the Exit button, it returns to live TV.

Two things can fix it.  I can Restart the TV box, and after it restarts the Netflix app works just fine again.  Or, I can choose to "reset Netflix" from the menu.  Then, it works again but I need to enter my password all over again.

As mentioned, this repeatedly happens every few days, no matter what I do.

I've already replaced my Xfinity box, with no change at all.  This all started after my Flex box burned out.  Xfinity sent me a large rectangular box ("blue light").  Everything works fine except for Netflix.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding issues with your Netflix app. I know how much my family enjoys watching Netflix and I can see how these ongoing issues with the app would be frustrating. Are you having issues with Netflix on any other devices?  

4 Messages

No.  We only have one TV setup, and it's just there.  That's where we do most of our Netflix watching, so honestly wouldn't know much about other devices.  But I have tried using my laptop recently, and it was working just fine there.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you so much for confirming! I would like to take a deeper dive into troubleshooting your Netflix app to see if we can get this resolved for you! 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address, so we can assist you further.

To send us a Direct Message, you will need to sign in to the Forums if you are not.

Then you will need to locate and click on the "Direct Message" icon located in the upper right corner of this page.

Next, click the "New Message" (paper & pencil) icon, type "Xfinity Support" in the to line, and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list.

You can proceed to type your message in the text area near the bottom, and press enter to send the message. Please let me know if you have any questions.

4 Messages

Thank you for your help, I have started a thread there.

2 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ I am having the same issue and it applies to all apps.   Netflix, Prime, Apple+, Paramount + and Disney+.   It also drops out of the app, seemingly losing connection.   All apps work fine directly with smart tv apps, just not via xfinity apps. 

4 Messages

8 months ago

I am having the same issue with Netflix occasionally failing while I’m watching it, or not even being able to get in.  Then temporarily fine after I reset the box — everything per the initial post.  What was the solution?  Thanks.

4 Messages

I reset the whole system - turned off both the TV Box and the modem, and cycled both of them.  That seemed to fix the problem.  Needed to do both of them at the same time.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_9eecrl  Thank you for letting us know of the issues you are running into with Netflix. We know being able to consistently watch an app without interruption is key to the best entertainment experience! It does look like there is currently a known issue with users having a similar experience to this. Our engineering team is working with developers to ensure we find the root cause of this and provide a proper fix. I don't currently have an ETA on when this is expected to be resolved, but the current workout would be to either continue resetting the box or clearing the app data when running into issues. I'll keep an eye on the ticket we have open and update the thread once I have more details on this!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here