CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Thursday, June 24th, 2021 2:53 PM

Closed

Known HBO Max Login Issue

We’re aware of a new issue affecting the HBO Max app on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex, where customers aren’t able to get past the sign-in page – they’re being looped back to sign in repeatedly.

While HBO works on a permanent fix, here’s a workaround:

1. Go online and sign in to HBOMax.com. (You may have to choose Sign In on the next page as well.)
  2. When prompted, select Sign in with a Provider
  3. Choose Xfinity 
  4. You’ll be prompted to sign in using your Xfinity ID and Password 
  5. Once you’re signed in, please play any video.
  6. If the video plays successfully, please try signing in again through your TV Box.
  7. If you able to sign in through their TV Box, please try playing any video. (You should be able to do so at this point.)

If these steps aren’t successful, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Please know that this is not an issue with your Xfinity service and HBO is aware of the issue and is working on a permanent fix.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. I tried both my email as well as my husband’s email. Comforting to know this issue is not just with me. Hoping this can be resolved soon.

Contributor

• 

126 Messages

@suzieq68

I am not sure if this will fix your hbo/max problem or not - but this procedure may help if you want to try it. 
Was given this fix by another Xfinity poster - and he suggested you try this for ANY tv problems ( even if you don't get the black screen when trying to sign in to hbo/max from your TV) with Xfinity. Now that I know where this fix is to clear cookies & app data, I will clear them out once a month.

(1) this is to clear all of your cookies and app data in Xfinity.
1) Press the xfinity button on your remote.
2) Go to the icon settings (the gear icon) - lower right side.
3) Click Privacy (scroll down the list in Privacy).
4) Click & Clear "cookies and local storage data" listed
*Then go back to where you had your problem and see if it works for you 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Thanks but tried this several times and did not work.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

Hello is there any update on this issue?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@suzieq68 

At this time we are still awaiting a permanent fix for this issue from HBO Max. Once they have been able to find a permanent solution you should notice this resolved on your television automatically. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I've been experiencing this issue for a month now, any updates?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_10aa27 thank you so much for reaching out and we are happy to help. Is this happening with one box in your home or multiple ones? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

This is only happening on one box.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

We have been having this issue ever since Xfinity picked up HBO Max. Every single time we try to watch something on it we get a message "Can't Verify you Subscription." We have cleared the cookies, tried to sign in again, everything. Sometimes we can't even get to the screen to get the code. It just loops us back around. Very frustrating.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

@user_cf1947 the only way this was fixed was to change my package (i actually got faster service, free netflix and a cheaper overall cost). Once they did that i had no issues. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I'm truly sorry to hear that you have had issues logging into HBO Max. I know I love all the movie previews they offer. I would be more than happy to further assist you. Can you tell me how you are trying to log in? Is it through our cable box, a mobile device or a smart TV?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@suzieq68 what package did you change to? We pay a lot for the Xfinity we have plus I pay for Hulu, Netflix, and Apple. I also wish Xfinity would start to support Apple. That would be a nice uptick.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I keep trying to login on my HBO MAX (app; iPad) and whenever I’m prompted to sign in via provider, I select Xfinity and then choose the same email and password settings that I use to login for XF services/website. Despite this, I keep getting the message “email, username or password is not valid”—this is incredibly frustrating as it ONLY seems to be happening via my iPad and no other devices (PS4, XBOX). Uh help.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Thanks for letting us know about this I still don't have access to HBO max !!😠 just keeps saying can't verify my subscription 5 week and counting I refuse to pay my bill!!!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_3d1638 we just keep going back to the original sign in screen then go to the hbomax sign in page on our phone to get the code to enter. But we have to do it every single time we try to watch. Stupid!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here