Intermittent Video Issues Affecting Some Customers
A firmware update was recently deployed to TV Boxes that may be causing picture issues for some customers
The update includes a feature that defaults TV Boxes to the highest screen resolution the TV is capable of. This is causing a black screen, blue screen, a 'no signal' messages, or a "flickering" screen for some customers.
We are working to deploy an update as soon as possible to fix this issue for all customers. In the meantime, we recommend the following steps to help mitigate this issue until we can provide that update.
Steps to mitigate the issue:
- Press “exit, exit, exit, 720” on your Xfinity remote. This sets the resolution to 720.
- This should bring back the picture
- Once the picture is on the screen click the Xfinity button on your remote > click on the gear icon (settings) > click Preference> click General > choose prefer Best Available Resolution > set to Off
- You can attempt to adjust their resolution to higher resolutions if desired at this point
- If the new resolution fails to display it will go back to the previous setting in 30 seconds.
*Note*: Autotune to "Best Available Resolution" will not be automatically turned back on when the update is deployed. We recommend that you turn this feature back on at the end of next week after the update is complete.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve this permanently.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.