U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 3rd, 2021 2:00 PM

Closed

How can i get rid of upgrade dvr plan message if i don't want to upgrade?

I have very little saved on my DVR and do not want to upgrade from 150 hours to 300 and want the message removed from recording so when I go to delete recordings I don't have to scroll back up.  Really need a way to just click something along the lines "No, Thanks.  I do not wish to upgrade at this time" and the notice goes away.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hey @user_f46b3e Welcome to our XFINITY Community Forums for support with your DVR storage. We continue to match the storage allocation against the number of X1 DVRs in the home. This may be why you continue to receive the upgrade suggestion. Do you have more than one X1 DVR in the home at this time? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@ComcastEva No just one X1 DVR with 2 small boxes.

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. You can do this by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner of their screen and send a message to the shared handle "Xfinity Support"

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@ComcastRob How do I send a private message.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_f46b3e This is a great question. You would send a private message by clicking the Peer to Peer chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Were you able to get rid of the message?  I would like to get rid of it too.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey user_efb787! The message should go away after a while or have an option to decline/opt out. Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I just posted a photo.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks so much for the photo!  Can you tell me what happens when you press the "Exit" button?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

Wow!  150 hours?  I’ve only got 20!  How did you get that amount and is it all cloud serviced?  I keep getting that at the bottom of all my recordings and it’s annoying!  I don’t want to click on it but it doesn’t say how many hours upgraded to or what additional cost.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This message has been on my screen for months and I cannot get rid of it - I don't want to upgrade DVR storage as it will be an additional cost and I already pay too much.  I cannot delete it, only choice is to "Update"

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have not gotten any help at all to get rid of this message!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

This is the "Upgrade DVR Plan" message that won't go away.  There is no where to decline.

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

3 years ago

I would like to get rid of it too, they should give users an option to cancel out ....... another CC gimmick to get more of my money !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here