BlueJeans07's profile

Contributor

• 

131 Messages

Monday, June 24th, 2024 3:04 AM

HELP: Sign-In to watch MAX :

How do I Stay Signed in to MAX , so I do not  have to go through the whole sign in/code process every time to watch a show ?

We love all the new Movies, Shows on Max but hate having to do sign-in process all the time.

Originally I only had to sign in once and could stay connected to MAX. If I see a movie or show to watch and click on it now, I am

asked to do the sign in and code process every time. My tv and computer are at different ends of the house. I would love to just

sign in and have it available to watch MAX without all the  sign in steps every time. I have Xfinity for my   tv - x1-box / wi-fi / computer.

Thank You ___

1 Message

3 months ago

I have to do the same and now it won' even login...it's got an error -

{"response":"failure","code":5116,"status":401,"detail":"unauthorizedInvalid authentication response from Synacor","locale":"en-US","title":"Partner Authentication error","message":"Unable to complete partner authentication process. Please contact support."}

2 Messages

Same here, was working earlier today. Then Xfinity prompted me to reset my password. I did. And now I get this error. 

2 Messages

Also, it claims to have succeeded “you are all set” then a few seconds later I get:

{"response":"failure","code":5116,"status":401,"detail":"unauthorizedInvalid authentication response from Synacor","locale":"en-US","title":"Partner Authentication error","message":"Unable to complete partner authentication process. Please contact support."}

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello user_g182tz after resetting the password, did you clear out cahce/cookies to get rid of the old login data? Has an alternate browser been tried, or in incognito(private) browsing? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

212 Messages

3 months ago

That's why we don't bother to watch MAX. What a waste.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @Harry3667, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the experience you are encountering with the MAX application. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Many things can force the application to require log-in such as maximum number of devices signed in, security protocols, if the devices cache/cookies or data have been removed or reset. What specific device are you experiencing issues on and are you experiencing the same experience on all devices?

Are you required to sign in multiple times such as on the Xfinity Stream application where you can watch a lot of the same MAX content? As the Xfinity verification is used on a variety of applications, logging out of one can cause the MAX application to sign out as well. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

BlueJeans07 Hello! Thanks for using our Forums to reach us and we are sorry to hear you are having this issues with HBO Max on our network. Let us work together to see how we can help over DM! Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

23 days ago

I am getting this code , and it's saying because there has been a change in my provider

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 days ago

I'm having this issue as well.  Always get this error trying to login.  Tried multiple devices and browsers:

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @user_85l2g7. Thank you so much for reaching out to regarding your issues you are having trying to log into HBO MAX. You are in the right place and we are happy to assist you today. What type of device are you using to launch the MAX App? 

(edited)

1 Message

5 days ago

Cancel

@ i.discomax.com

{"response": "failure", "code"

:5116, "status":401

, "detail": "unauthorizedInvalid authentication response from Synacor" , "locale": "en-

US","title";"Partner Authentication

error", "message": "Unable to complete partner authentication process. Please contact support. "}

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello user_ybzpw8 is this happening on multiple devices for you as well? Do you have MAX as a subscription with Xfinity? 

4 Messages

23 hours ago

I'm having a similar issue, just the other day I was able to watch Max and then yesterday I haven't been able to connect to provider nor signin. It's very frustrating and I even chatted with support about it and canceled Max and added it again. The second time I was chatting with support the chat was dropped. I just want to watch my true crime. Please help.

Contributor

• 

212 Messages

21 hours ago

The thing that irritates me is this "signing in/logging on" business.  We've had HBO for years.  When we started watching things on HBO Max, it was like watching anything on OnDemand -- just brought it up on the TV and watched.  I watched the entire "The West Wing" series that way.  Now you have to go online and sign in or log on to watch anything Max, even though we still PAY for HBO.  No guarantee as to whether the logging-on part is a one-time thing or whether we'd have to log-on every time we'd want to watch something.  We read plenty of postings on here from other viewers having issues with it.  We'll just continue to watch HBO and HBO OnDemand and to heck with Max.  Make it simple the way it used to be.  Otherwise, not worth it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here