U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 26th, 2024 1:44 AM

Closed

DVR playback is pixelating and skips. Commercial skip feature is way off time.

While watching a recorded program, picture pixelates,skips,sound is garbled. Also while skipping commercials playback starts in commercials and I need to fast forward to get to my recording. 

Occasionally dark stipe at top of screen. Rebooted everything and checked connections. Black stripe gone, all other issues still exist.  This is a replacement box from tech visit off his truck.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

7 months ago

Hey there, @user_8fca07 thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with your DVR. I know I love being able to skip commercials, so I would be happy to help with troubleshooting. Are you only having this issue with specific programs, channels, or recordings or is the issue present on all recordings? 

1 Message

6 months ago

Having the same issue.  It only seems to happen on recorded programs.  I have screen shots of the pixelation.  The picture pixelates, freezes and the audio skips for a few seconds. It seems to happen more, later in the program.  Like the show starts out okay, but then as time passes, it starts with some artifacting on the screen and a distinct skip in the audio.  Then it gets gradually worse until the program is unwatchable.  It doesn't seem to happen with Live TV, but it does seem to happen with paused TV.  It has happened on a bunch of channels, not just one.  It doesn't seem to happen when watching the streaming services (Netflix, Max, etc...)

Rewinding and playing again exhibits the exact same mistake at the exact same time.  Once it has happened on the one DVR upstairs, trying to play the same program on the other TV (with the smaller playback box), exhibits the same pixelation in the same place.  But watching the program though the xfinity website on my phone or on a computer, the same program plays just fine.

W've checked all the cables. We've cleared a large number of saved recordings.  We've cleaned up old recording schedules for shows that are no longer on. I've rebooted the dvr and gone through xfinity assistant and had the box reauthorized (several times). When the room is quiet and the DVR is recording, you can hear the hard drive on the DVR seeking and clicking.

The only thing that seems to make a difference is telling the dvr to do a system reset.  This seems to clear up the issue for a day or two, and then it starts doing it again.  Programs recorded before the reset still playback badly.  But new recordings seem to work - but only for a couple days.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey user_odg7hi, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums and for trying all those steps. I'd like to take a deeper look into the recordings and help get it fixed. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​   You should not ask people to DM their problem to you when your in the forum area.  Some of us read through these to see if their topic has already been brought up and to read what the solution was/is.  If its being done through the DM, then none of us can see how to resolve our issues without having to post duplicate issues here.

(edited)

1 Message

2 months ago

I am having the same identical problem. Is it a bad DVR box?

1 Message

I'm having this same issue. I guess I'll need a new X1 box. Check all the things listed above and it didn't resolve the issues 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_8y8t2j Thank you for connecting with us about your cable box concerns. We are happy to assist. Since this is a 5-month-old post, please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_gac29b Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your equipment. I can see this would be frustrating, and I'm happy to get you in the right direction for a resolution. Have you by chance rebooted your modem? If you have tried everything, please try and reboot the modem, as your equipment/DVR gets part of the signal from your modem. Once you have rebooted the modem, please let us know if there is an improvement, or the same. We look forward to hearing back from you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here