U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, April 11th, 2022 3:45 AM

Closed

Connect Bluetooth headphones

Had Beats headphones connected and working. Now they will not connect and message Xre-22005. The headphones are not connected to any other device and I have reset both many times. What next?

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

@user_564cb3 Hello and thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear you are having issues with connecting your beats headphones. Have you tried to forget the headphones and reconnect them or do any other troubleshooting steps? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Yes. Forget and reconnect. They are listed under “Bluetooth Devices” but keep saying they can’t connect. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you so much for this information. What type of box are you trying to connect this too? Is it a DVR, normal HD box, or the FLEX box? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Trying to connect to a Flex box. 

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

Thank you for clarifying that. I'm sure you've already followed these steps, I just want to doublecheck and confirm with you to rule out the basics. When you connect the Bluetooth headset to the box are you following these directions:

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote, then select Settings (Gear icon).
  2. Navigate to Device Settings > Audio > Bluetooth Devices.
  3. Select Bluetooth Devices. ...
  4. Select the device that you want to connect from the list displayed, then press OK on your remote.

Helpful screenshots can be found in this link:

https://comca.st/37mqAjE

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes. That is the order of h to hinge I have tried. I have also connected the same headphones to other devices and confirmed they work. I have also turned off all other Bluetooth devices in the area and confirmed that the headphones are not connected to any other devices. 

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

Thank you so much for confirming that for me. I'd like to do some additional troubleshooting specific to your box. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

The box won’t connect to any Bluetooth headphones! Tried multiple pair and same message for all of them. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue. Was working fine last night. Possible firmware update at 2am causes a Bluetooth failure? It can discover my speakers but won't pair with them. But then it will add the device back to recently connect as though it connected and immediately disconnected. Hope this helps you solve this xfinity!

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Thank you for the details @user_1a430c! If you're still experiencing issues, I'll be happy to help and look further into this for you. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have been having the exact same issue with my sound bar that had always worked. Sound bar works with my headset and my phone so it’s not the device. I have unpaired the device (forgetting it) and now reconnected it only to receive an error message [XRE-22003]. I’m using a flex box. 

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@PerrinFaile

If you are still experiencing this error code, please reach out to us in a direct message, so we can trouble shoot with you. To send a direct message, please click the "chat" icon in the upper right (left of the notification bell), then click the pen/pad icon, and lastly Xfinity Support.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I have an XI6-A box.

My headphones used to connect just fine. Over a month ago, I got error message of XRE-22005. Persisted with that error 1-2 days, then started error XRE-22003. Tv Box will pull up to search for Bluetooth devices, keeps discovering all headphones I try but will not finish pairing with any of them and always gives the same error code. Tried restarting and system refreshes done from the box, sent from the app, and from the support site. Tried power refresh-unplug, wait, plug in, try again. All pairings still fail.

Now, Bluetooth menu quit putting the headphones back into the recently connected list after failure but still discovers them, doesn't finish discovery mode, and still will not pair to any of them. Still same error code xre-22003.

I do not see Bluetooth options on my X1 DVR tv box in the living room and never tried to hook up to that one before now, so not sure if it ever had the capability to Bluetooth or not, but Bluetooth in bedroom worked before, it should still work so I can't figure out what the issue is, but I'm obviously not alone in this problem.

This needs to be fixed!!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@kckreas​ The same thing is happening to me!!!

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_bc001b Thank you for letting us know you are experiencing this issue. Can you confirm if you were ever able to connect to the pods? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

No I couldn't connect my airpods.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_bc001b I'm sorry we misunderstood. I see in the thread this has been an issue for about 2 months. Are you having the same trouble with the cable box trying to pair and never completing? I would love to help and send this example over to our teams for repair. Can you please send us a Direct message with your name and service address?

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have had the same issue for months. Just gave up trying since calling in for support took a long time and just repeated all the steps I have already tried with no success. Very frustrating when you think of how much money we pay for services.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have and we're here to help! Just to clarify @user_5b0cc3 what type of headphones or speaker system are you trying to connect with? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here. Error code XRE-22003. Tried everything and just receive that pairing failed message over and over again. 

Problem Solver

• 

127 Messages

Hi @user_36b3ea the error code you are getting above is XRE-00250 - Something is not quite right - X1 Error Message if you are having issues pairing either earphones or air pods here is a really helpful link https://comca.st/3I9BAP6 to assist. I would recommend resetting the modem as well that may help. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Has anyone had any resolution? I'm having the same issue.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_fpr1990​ I contacted customer service, they sent me a new Flex box, and that solved the issue for me. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here. The box worked for the first week I had it then Bluetooth stopped working with the same message previously mentioned. 

This is the worst streaming device I've ever used. I'll continue to use my $50 Chromecast that works flawlessly. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

afaik only the DVR XG1v4 and the xi6. note that these boxes have no volume control so your blue tooth device must have ability to control its own volume.  The connection is a session so any break (turning off the bluetooth headset for example) will make you have to go through the pairing routine.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

There is no option for bluetooth connectivity on my

X1 TV Box

I have navigated to Preferences/Device Settings/Audio - there are only options for Audio Language Reset adn HDMI Audio Output

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

@jtreiber​ use voice remote command 'about' what is the line just after "STB version"?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here