U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 4:42 PM

Closed

Channels Freezing

I have experienced this over and over again in the past 30 days. The picture freezes for about 30-60 seconds and then starts back up. This happens on multiple occasions and channels. Sometimes it just gets a picture distorted instead of freezing. Why is this happening and is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

11 months ago

@user_543090 

This link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-troubleshoot-xfinity-app has great information on how to resolve those types of issues. Let me know if this is helpful.

1 Message

I'm also experiencing the same freezing channels.  BUT, the "Xfininty App" I clicked on took me to Xfinity Streaming with just options of what to watch, NOT what I can do to fix this issue.

Please give me a different option.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_g9l6fo thanks for letting us know. What steps of troubleshooting have you already completed? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

Having same issue. Naples, Florida 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_yh5jmn thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our team and we are sorry to hear that you are also impacted. Is this still an ongoing issue on your end as of right now? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

6 months ago

Exactly the same here...

Central PA

2 Messages

5 months ago

Same problem going on a year, you should look for alternatives and cancel service. I’ve been away for the winter and just returned to Boston and this is my number one to do. I have replaced equipment had multiple service calls last year, all I get is sorry Sir. Why they did not escalate this internally is beyond me. Zero accountability. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_51g8oz First welcome home! I hope the weather stays nice for you in Boston. I am sorry for the ongoing frustration with your cable service and would be happy to take a closer look at the issue with you. To get started, please follow the following steps and let me know if they help.  

1. Perform a software reset of the TV Box by holding the power button down for 10 seconds.
2. Select a different linear TV show from the guide and then return to the channel or DVR asset to try to slow down trick play action.
3. Check for connection and cabling issues. 4. Verify the proper video settings in Xfinity > Settings > Device Settings > Video Display, and change the Output Resolution if needed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here