U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, October 22nd, 2023 4:38 AM

Closed

Cannot log into MAX app on X1.

I can no longer stream HBOMax on my X1, Apple TV or iPhone. I cannot link it to my Xfinity account.  I spoke to HBOMax help and they said my account was terminated by Xfinity. I contacted Xfinity and they said my account is in good standing and that because this is a third party app they cannot help, only HBOMax can fix this. So 4 hours of circular conversations has not resolved the issue. I have seen this problem before from internet searches but I did not see a resolution.  Has anyone seen this before and if so do you have a solution?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

10 months ago

@user_160bb7 Thank you for working with us in a DM, I'm happy that we were able to help you resolve the issue with accessing HBO MAX! Have a wonderful day.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thank you for your help with this. It appears that if you use your back up email (non-Comcast) to log into the MAX app then that seemed to solve the issue. 

Expert

• 

105.5K Messages

10 months ago

The concern is not "Community Center" help related. Topic moved here to the X1 help section for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

10 months ago

@user_160bb7 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I can understand the frustration if you aren't able to utilize HBOMax. It sounds like you've already confirmed that you are subscribed to the services. Can you tell me what type of error you are getting, and what steps you take when you try to log in, so we can better assist you?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thank you. When I open the app (on X1, AppleTV or on my iPhone) I am asked to either subscribe or link to my provider. I am able to link to Xfinity as a message stated that “I am signed into Xfinity and ready to watch”. Then I am sent to a page where I am asked to create an HBOMax account which is connected to my Xfinity account.  Once I enter my email and name I press “Create Account”. I then see a screen stating “Account found” where I am asked to “Verify Email Address” and enter a “one time code”.  I never received the email (also checked my spam folder).  I then contacted HBOMax where they said my account was terminated and asked me to contact Xfinity.  The Xfinity rep and my Xfinity App confirmed that my HBOMax subscription is still active.  I called HBOMAX back and emailed them screenshots of my account. They said that the could not help as Xfinity had terminated my account.  

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

10 months ago

@user_160bb7 Are you trying to use a third party email address or your Xfinity email address? Do you see any other options other than creating account? Like a provider link with a drop down of providers? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I use my comcast.net address

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I have posted some photos to help

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for sending that and confirming. I'd like to take a deeper look at the account to see what is going on. Once we find a solution, we can certainly circle back here to make sure others can find the answer if they run into it. Can you send us a direct message so I can take a look? 

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thanks. I will send a DM

2 Messages

6 months ago

I’m having an issue when I select to login through my Xfinity account, it lets me login but just takes me to the home page and never refreshes for me to be able to watch. I got a new device and was logging into all my apps, but the Max app I cannot get to work. Never had an issue on my prior device. 

2 Messages

This is in a tablet and phone, not a cable box

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_i21wzh Are you using your primary login ID to access the Max app?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

I have the same problem. Xfinity not connecting with Max, I've been paying for it for years. Can't find the direct message icon either.

1 Message

This just happened to me. I spend hr on dm with someone. Nothing was fix in the end he wanted to sell me a cellphone 

1 Message

5 months ago

I’ve been trying for two days and can’t get Max to open.  It says I logged in to Xfinity correctly but that I’m not authorized. I talked to Xfinity and they couldn’t help.  I pay for HBO, have for years, I don’t know why it just stopped working. 

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Instructions via app:

1. Get service from your provider?

click 

2. Gives code which requires sign in at www.max.com/providers

3. Providers List

click xfinity

4. Xfinity validates: " you are not signed and ready to stream"

No response from Max: shoots me back to the code menu

5. Xfinity sends "404 not found" error message

This problem is on your end friend. Xfinity/comcast not validating customers paying for Max with comcast

PLEASE FIX: going on for days now.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@user_7fe0c3​ 

That was my error! Correction

#3 above: Xfinity screen says  "you are signed in and ready to stream"

MAX does not validate-throws me back to another code

PLEASE RESPOND AND FIX! PROBLEM IS ON XFINITY SIDE!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_7fe0c3, have you attempted to clear cache and cookies on your X1? Please try doing so by following the steps here, let us know if you're still experiencing the issue after doing so.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ NO MY PROBLEM WAS NOT SOLVED.

Yes, I did: clear locally stored data-as instructed. It was confirmed. Same message "Xfinity signs you in and you are ready to stream", but max code still sits on my screen, it does not log me into max automatically as it always did before.

Instead after xfinity states " you are ready to stream" I immediately get a '404 message" error.

I tried again---no luck. In addition to 'clearing locally stored data' on xfinity settings, I also cleared cache & data on Max app.

Then uninstalled the app & re-installed Max. When I clicked on the Max home screen, it sent me back to the subscription page.

Your validation coding has errors, it is causing Max to keep looping back to sign in codes, which do not register. 

This is an xfinity problem! When will this be fixed????

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_yy0dc1,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. Please accept my most sincere apology for the experience that you have encountered with trying to access the MAX app on your X1 set-top box. I am showing it should be an easy fix to gain access to the application again. 

Would you be able to 'Clear Locally Stored Data From Your X1 or Flex Streaming TV Box' by following the steps and attempt to access and sign back in to the MAX app to see if you are able to access the content? 

Please let us know if this works for you. We hope to hear from you soon.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here