U

Tuesday, September 12th, 2023 12:57 AM

Closed

Cable box error “There is no software to execute”

One of our cable boxes always has a blinking light and the message on the tv screen is “There is no software to execute”. It’s a blue screen. There is a Pace logo as well. 

I tried doing the xFinity app troubleshooter and it did nothing to help the tv situation and now my remote won’t work either. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_7b5c7a! Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I'm sorry you're having issues with your cable box. Can you tell me what kind of box you're having issues with?

3 Messages

I’m not sure what the box is called but it’s small. Maybe XiD-P? 

The model number is Pace PXD01ANI. 

1 Message

Same box, same issue. How do you resolve this? The reboot didn't help

Official Employee

• 

282 Messages

It's possible the box may need to be swapped out. I'm happy to take a look with you. Please send me a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

There is no software to execute

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_37rfc6  -  Our team is here to help. Are you receiving this error message on your Xfinity TV box?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Gotcha! Okay, that's an Xi device for sure. So there has to be a tuner issue, signal issue or MoCA network issue. I'll have to take a look at your account to actually sort this out for you so we can get it fixed. In order to get started can you please click the chat bubble in the top right corner and send a message to our "Comcast Business" handle?

3 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ Can you clarify the handle?  I don’t see a Comcast business handle. I see “Business Account”. I also see some that say Comcast user and Comcast customer. 

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

Business account should be good. Go ahead and click on that and send us a test message, and we'll ensure our team is connected with you. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

That is what’s happening to me to

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_b78f88 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are happy to look further into this for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am having same issue, and stuck in Xfinity Support hell. The Assistant won't connect an agent and just resets the main box. Is there a solution to this or is the box done?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_d743a2. I would be happy to check on any issue with your box from here. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

Same issue. Did you have to swap the box?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_ddq0zo, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the cable box, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

5 months ago

Having the same issue. Can someone post the solution 

Contributor

• 

219 Messages

@user_013wgv​ I too had the same issue, but I was lucky enough to speak with a Comcast representative (800-266-2278) who confirmed the obvious: the only solution was to replace the existing box with a new one.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@rjc1247, thank you for using the Community Forums page. We appreciate you providing your experience and advice to help others with potential solutions for obtaining working equipment. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here