U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, February 18th, 2024 3:21 PM

Audio/video sync and delayed remote response

My audio and video frequently de-sync, particularly when using the YouTube app. The only solution seems to be restarting the cable box.

As for the remote lag, it occurs on both streaming services, live TV, and DVR recordings. It sometimes takes as long as ten seconds for the box to respond to the inputs from the remote.

These issues have been rather frustrating, as it isn't always convenient to restart the box. Would a newer model cable box resolve these issues?

Official Employee

• 

823 Messages

5 months ago

Hi there @user_3696ec ! Thanks for reaching out here on the Community Forums about your sync and remote issues, they are totally frustrating! A new box may do the trick, but there could be other causes also. Do you subscribe to our internet service as well and if so, have you noticed any issues with your connection? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes, I have Xfinity internet, but I haven't noticed any connection issues.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_3696ec is your TV Box wireless? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

No, it's wired. I'm pretty sure the model number is PX022ANM.

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

Thank you for that information. As odd as it sounds, would you be able to do a power cycle (remove the power cord from the modem for 30 seconds and plug it back in), and when it's back online do the same thing for the cable box and then test to see if the lag is still there?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I will do that today when I get home and update you with the results.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here