U

19 Messages

Thursday, October 5th, 2023 3:00 AM

Closed

AppleTV Video not available error message

AppleTV app plays the recap or a preview for another program, and then I get a message that says Video not Available. This is true for multiple shows on Apple TV on all my boxes All my other streaming apps work fine. 

I tried to delete local content and rebooted the box. It fixed the problem for just a day. 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same problem. Rebooting the box is the only thing that has worked for me. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, @user_v6hs9p, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Apple TV issues. We definitely want to ensure you are able to watch your favorite TV shows! Are you having issues with any other devices or just the boxes? Have you tried restarting your modem to see if that helps?

19 Messages

I am having issues with all my Xfinity boxes. Restarting the modem only works for a day. I was able to watch AppleTV last night after rebooting but it is not available again today. 

Is this a known problem? It only started for me about 10days ago. 

I hope you can find a fix for this problem. 

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

@user_v6hs9p, Thanks for everything you have done on your end thus far, and I am sorry to hear nothing has successfully corrected this on your end. Rest assured my team is here to help you get to the bottom of this. I would like to get your account pulled up so that we can further troubleshoot this on our end. 

Please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

19 Messages

Message sent as requested. 

5 Messages

@user_v6hs9p​ i’m having the same issue, super frustrating.

did they give you any solutions that worked?

19 Messages

@SamB33​ They simply asked me to DM them which I did. They haven’t responded yet. The only thing that worked was rebooting the box which is the work around for something that is broken. They should fix this. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem for last two weeks.  Using my old Apple TV box works, but that’s a pain…

19 Messages

@user_9dee8d​ Right. I wasn’t having issues with AppleTV until about two weeks ago too. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_9dee8d Thank you so much for letting us know you are also running into an issue with your AppleTV giving you an error. I would be more than happy to help take a look into this for you!

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

19 Messages

@user_9dee8d​ 

this worked for me

Try saying “system, refresh“ in the voice remote. It was suggested to another user. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem here.  Worked last night after rebooting.  Not today.  

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Same problem here.  Rebooted Box, restarted Apple TV app, etc. last night.  Videos appeared.  Now, this morning, getting Video Not Available message again!  I'm on with Xfinity Assistant for second time in 12 hours.  This is beyond frustrating!

19 Messages

@user_ddcfdc​ 

this worked for me

Try saying “system, refresh“ in the voice remote. It was suggested to another user. 

19 Messages

@Nanetto88​ 

this worked for me

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here. Started around the same time and only with the cable box. I have a cable card in another device and that is working fine. Can’t get anyone on the phone. If you find a solution, please post. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_7h4ib2​ 

an actual person helped me by updating the firmware on my X1 box. I was able to get to videos today. We’ll see about tomorrow! Good luck

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Add Netflix to apps not loading for me for last two days .The screen for it doesn’t even show up

This reply has been converted into a post

19 Messages

@user_ddcfdc​ Did you have any issues the following day??

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_v6hs9p​  I DMed Xfinity yesterday when AppleTV not showing content; no reply.  Today, I'm able to watch content!  I did nothing different and assume Xfinity didn't do anything on my behalf as they made no contact with me.  I have no idea what the actual problem (or solution) is but just happy to be able to access what I'm paying for, at least for today!

Official Employee

• 

957 Messages

@user_ddcfdc We are glad to hear your AppleTV service is working properly now. We are always here to help you if you should need us in the future. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the exact same problem with Apple TV for the past few days. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi there, @LisaKoz! Thanks for letting us know that Apple TV is not working right. We are glad to further help! Have you tried a system refresh to see if that would fix the issue? That will update the files from our end and reset the connection. You can say System Refresh into the voice remote and then follow the steps on the screen or press the A button to select the signal. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

I have not tried system refresh yet but did try going into settings/privacy and clearing out. I’ll try that now

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Clearing the local storage would be the next thing to check so I am glad that is done already, @LisaKoz. Please let me know how it goes after the System Refresh signal. It takes about 10 minutes to process.

Aside from the error message that comes up, is there also an error code? It would look something like APPS-04036 at the bottom right of the screen.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Thank you, that seems to have solved it. 😃

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I am happy to hear that, @LisaKoz! I know for some in this thread that the issue returned, so I will reach out tomorrow to check in and see how things are going. If something happens in the meantime just reply to our messages here so we can continue working on this. 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having same issue for about two weeks.  Reset connection.  Went into privacy settings and deleted local data, to no avail. 

2 Messages

Try saying “system, refresh“ in the voice remote. It was suggested to another user, and it worked for me.

19 Messages

@user_7h4ib2 

Did the system refresh work just for the one day or did it really resolve the problem? I cleared local content and rebooted the box and I accessed AppleTV that night but not the next day. 
I have resorted to connecting my laptop via HDMI to my television so I don’t have to reboot the box every time I want to watch AppleTV. 

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

@user_v6hs9p, connecting via the HDMI is a viable option, but probably a bit of a hassle compared to just using your video box. Are you able to try the refresh on your end to see if this clears the issue for you?

19 Messages

Tried system refresh but there is a video outage in my area. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Service interruptions in an area will affect Channels in a lineup for cable subscriptions, but the apps run off the internet service without access to the cable subscription. When you open the Apple TV app, is there a message stating there is a service interruption that may be on their end, or did you mean there is a service interruption to include the internet service as well being affected?

19 Messages

1 year ago

Hey all:

The system refresh did work. On day 2, I did not get the error message. Thank you for the discussion which generated a plausible solution. I hope the error does not return. 

And I hope this works for everyone else who is experiencing this issue. 

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

That is wonderful news which we are ecstatic to hear! If this issue rears itself again definitely do not hesitate to reach back out to us and create another post. We are always happy to aid in any way we can. Thank you for being the best part of Xfinity.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here