U

Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 2:48 PM

AppleTV + error message

Receiving the following error message when trying to launch AppleTV +…
”Something went wrong, check your internet connection, then try again.”

There’s nothing wrong with my internet connection. I cleared the data storage as recommended in another post, that didn’t work either. I do have a subscription, and would love to access as I should be able to.

2 Messages

3 months ago

I've had this same problem for 5 days!  Anyone out there know how to resolve this problem?  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

user_x316x6, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Are you still having issues accessing AppleTV?

2 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ 

The problem got resolved last night while talking to xfinity support, but it is back again today.   Aaaarrrrggghhhh!  

FYI, through the chat box I asked for a person and it actually connected me to a person, who then asked for a contact number and a first line customer support person called me within 15 minutes.  After a half hour of explaining the problem multiple times, he said I needed a new DVR.  That's crazy, AppleTV worked fine 5 days ago.  I told him I wanted a trouble ticket opened for the Monday Day shift to look at this problem.  He offered to transfer me to a supervisor at that point.  I think the supervisor was really second line customer support.  The lady that answered was very sharp, understood the issue, did some checking and indicated she needed to increase my signal strength.  After she increased the signal strength and rebooting the dvr, Xfinity button on Remote --> Apps --> AppleTV started up, no error box, and then gave me the QR code to continue signin process from my browser, and it worked.  Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, it's the next day (Monday) and the the "Something Went Wrong" error box is back again when trying to access AppleTV.  

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you so much for confirming user_ld7dbm. We definitely want to help with getting this completely resolved for you. Have you tried doing any reboots on the modem to see if that helps? Are you having issues with any other apps or just the AppleTV?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

3 months ago

I am having the same problem also with peacock.

6 Messages

3 months ago

When will I get an answer to my problems.  

1 Message

3 months ago

Hello is there any update regarding this?  We are having the same issue and the other Apple work normally 

Official Employee

• 

865 Messages

Sniff009 Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Apple+ app. What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

3 months ago

This issues is still unresolved.

3 Messages

3 months ago

I’ve rebooted and still error message 

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

Good afternoon @user_x316x6. If you try to login to AppleTV+ on a different device, are you able to access it?

2 Messages

@XfinityRaf​ I have this same problem. Is there a fix? It works on my main, DVR box. But I get the error on the tv with the smaller box. I’ve rebooted. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_x0z6yy just to make sure we are on the same page what app are you having issues with? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here