GeorgeX1's profile

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Friday, September 6th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

All scheduled recordings suddenly gone

As of this evening, ALL of our scheduled recordings, both series and singles, are gone.  The DVR had them last night as we checked for our weekend recordings before we turned off the TV for the night.  This evening, Friday, September 9th, the entire scheduled section is blank on the DVR, the XFinity phone app, iPad app, and web site (https://www.xfinity.com/stream/).

What would cause this and can it be undone or do we need to go through and re-schedule every single recording we set up over the past few years?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

on your DVR set top box voice command "device settings". scroll to bottom "sync DVR" and do that now. working?

yeah I am pretty sure they're saying that doing this did not remedy the issue and the scheduled recordings are still missing  -

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue for me.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@acadei wrote:

@sendtorich wrote:

on your DVR set top box voice command "device settings". scroll to bottom "sync DVR" and do that now. working?

yeah I am pretty sure they're saying that doing this did not remedy the issue and the scheduled recordings are still missing  -

Correct, sync dvr did not work, and re-setting a previous series recording did not work (ive also done a system refresh and tried unplugging the box)

edit: seeing as they all went poof from everything, including the app on my phone, it would seem to be a cloud based issue and hopefully there is some sort of backup that can be restored

did the SYNC - which took like one second not several hours as the telephone rep suggested it would - on BOTH DVRs, along with every other remedy suggested in this thread and have experienced no improvement. all DVRs as well as online account were impacted by the issue.

so far I have been manually adding back series and single recordings to the best of my recollection. however, my memory is not what it used to be and I generally rely on the DVR to take the guesswork out of it. paying (bad word) near $300 a month, you would think someone could fix this.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

was gone all day and just came back home and everythings fixed for me, all my scheduled recordings and series are back

edit: and i just realized, fwiw, based on recordings that did and didnt happen, the schedule came back sometime between 1 and 5 pm pacific time today

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Good morning everyone. We understand your frustrations in dealing with this issue. We will see what we can do to help. For those of you that have done the refresh and are still experiencing the problem, please comment below so we can work on sorting things out. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @griam01, thank you for letting us know this has been resolved for you. If you need assistance in the future, feel free to contact us.  

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

5 years ago

I noticed the same issue when I came home today. I realized my recordings that were scheduled for yesterday did not record. I just added a series recording for a show I usually record and when I went back into scheduled recordings they were all there again.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issue. Days of recordings missing, and no future scheduled programs.

1 series was added, and all scheduled recordings re-appeared.

Lame.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I had the same experience, as well as 3 other people in 3 different towns all around me.  Obviously, the problem occurred with an overnight update on Friday the 6th of September.  My schedule recordings were all gone and 2/3 of my series priority list was also gone.  I am now in the process of re-entering everything that was lost.  Fortunately, the few recorded shows that I had already recorded were not lost.  I called 3 sperate times to speak with Comcast and, of course, spoke with 3 different people, none of which seemed to be aware of a problem having occurred.  I thought, okay maybe it was just me, until speaking to the other 3 peoe who had the same thing happen and now reading all the entries here.  Now it just seems like Comcast is trying to cover up an error on their part, or they are totally inept.  I have always been satisfied with Comcast Customer Service until now.  

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can you tell me where you are located. I'm in suburb of Chicago and just wondering if this is an Illinois or Chicago issue?

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

5 years ago

I’m in WV and it happened to me.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same thing happened to me tonight. I’m in Texas. ALL scheduled recordings gone. Tried unplug restart, system refresh through X1 settings and did “sync dvr” numerous times. No luck. Started manually adding recordings back to see if that did the trick and nope. Now I can’t remember everything I had scheduled! Beyond frustrating. Maybe it’s the push I needed to finally give them the boot.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Still having the same problem. Have tried restart, system refresh, unplug for 60 secs, and dvr sync (adding recordings back after each) and others still aren't coming back. Also when adding back from saved programs, only works to record from series info. If we try from Record Options, the recording doesn't confirm and doesn't get set.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We're in DC

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem here in Kentucky. All recordings went poof and nothing is showing. Called customer support and they were “totally unaware” that there was any issue?! Really? There is an online Xfinity forum where many people are reporting the issue and the customer support personnel are not aware of a multi-state issue? They also had no suggestions other than bite the bullet and start scheduling all of your recordings again. I tried the sync dvr and it didn’t resolve the issue. Completely disgusted with the lack of information and support for a service that I pay a large amount of money for each month.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here