U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 10:47 PM

Closed

30 second skip

I’ve tried every remedy I could find on the internet and forums to change my X1 to 30 second skip instead of the 5 minute skip to no avail. Replugged the box several times, tried exit thrice followed by 0030 and 0500 many times. All I get is the channel select screen. Yesterday I replaced the 4k dvr with a new one because the old one wouldn’t start or boot. Until today I didn’t even know 30sec fast forward was possible. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 months ago

I also tried on the small satellite box. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sorry tbill1. , I just tried the up button and it went ahead 30 seconds. Not sure what I did differently since my last message. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_d34a4b We know being able to skip for shorter periods is very helpful, so we want to ensure this is working for you. Were you able to follow the steps that the wonderful @tbill1 and @XfinityAngie shared for getting that updated? (Thank you for the help!) Seems like you're able to get it ahead 30 seconds now, so just want to ensure you were all set! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

10 months ago

When I've used it, exit, exit, exit, 0030 shows as the channel select, but it ends up working to produce the 30 skip.  

(edited)

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

10 months ago

Sorry if you already tried this, but try in this order: exit exit exit 0500 which resets the function-then exit exit exit 0030

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

tbill1, Thank you for your assistance. In case anyone still is having trouble with this here are those steps again:
  1. Press the exit button on your Xfinity remote three times. This will activate the setup mode.
  2. Using the numeric keypad, enter the code “0030” to enable the 30-second skip functionality.
  3. Once you’ve entered the code, there will be no visual confirmation on your TV or set-top box. However, the skip feature will be active.
  4. To test if the 30-second skip is working, play a pre-recorded program on your Xfinity TV and press the page up button. Each press of the page up button will skip the program ahead by 30 seconds.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

New user here. I tried this several times without success *until* I saw that you have to press exit, exit, exit, 0030 while watching a live program, not a recorded one. After that, if you go to a recorded show and press the page up button, you will do the 30-second jump. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

10 months ago

This discussion is a little more than strange.  I too want to program my remote to skip forward 30 seconds.  A bigger question is who or why would it be deemed to be appropriate to have a 5 minute skip?  Plus the discussion of “exit, exit, exit, 0030 works sometimes”.   Wow if the technology doesn’t work as expected then there is a defect.  I worked in the computer field for 40 years: NASA, air traffic control modernization, IRS upgrades…. What Xfinity is doing is not rocket science.  I do not want to offend but shouldn’t the process work consistently?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey there @genec123, I hope you're having a great start to your weekend so far. Your career sounds amazing, congratulations on your accomplishments in those industries 🙌. I know those subtle features are pretty nice, so I want to make sure you're able to utilize and customize as you need. Were you able to enter those steps to update your skip time? 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Thank goodness I saw this. I just changed mine to 30 seconds from the 5 min option. The 5 min option was way too long to skip commercials! Thank you all. 

1 Message

If I hit exit 3 times it just brings up the page to close AD SAP & CC what am I doing wrong?

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

Just checking...are you trying to do this while in a dvr recording?  You have to be out of a recording. If you have never had a 30 second skip,

3 exits and then 0030 should work.  If you had a 30 second skip that reset to 5 minutes, you have to first go 3 exits and then 0500 to reset it, and then go

3 exits and 0030.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_q0rwrj we want to ensure this is working for you! Were the steps that @tbill1 provided able to help resolve this for you, or are you still running into issues? Please let us know!

Thank you for your assistance with this @tbill1!

1 Message

7 months ago

Ok, got the ‘skip-forward’ time set step (3x exit & enter 0030 on the remote. But how to change the ‘play-back’ time from default to 10 or 15 seconds?  Not clear if the sequence is ‘program skip-forward 1st and then same procedure with desired ‘play-back’ time?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_3n0b4s, thanks for reaching out! We are glad to hear that you were able to get the skip forward programmed to 30 seconds form 5 minutes. Can you please go into more detail on what you are tying to change on the playback time? 

1 Message

6 months ago

Totally confused. What screen should I be starting from? I start d from a live show I hit exit exit exit and got a search screen. I put in 0030 and it filled 30 into the search window and gave me my. 

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

Yes, looks like a search.  Did you try it after to see if it changed from five minutes to 30 seconds?

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@user_hwfu2u​ I just used the sequence one step after another, not entering the 0030 in a search window. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @BIslander, it certainly has been a while since I've last tried to reprogram the remote, but does using the [Xfinity Button] + [Up Arrow] + [Up Arrow] + [2] allow the control code box to populate to enter 0030 to 0500? Could you please give that a try and let me know?  

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

Just saw this.   Yes, that works to set the 5 minute skip and the 30 second one.  Never knew about that trick.   Thanks. 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 months ago

I just switched my small bedroom box out as the old croaked. The new one was set to a default 5 minute skip. I finally figured out how to change it. If your box is set to 5 minute skip... hit exit 3 times (as explained in other responses)  BUT hit  0500 FIRST... then quickly hit exit three times again and THEN 0030. Worked! 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

user_25617e Thank you for sharing that solution with the community. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here