strykerzr350's profile

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

Saturday, July 1st, 2023 11:33 PM

Closed

I am unable to access my data usage meter

I keep getting a message on the my account page telling me that my data usage meter cannot be accessed, and to try again later. This didn't happen last month. All of what I did last month was apply got ACP but I was told to call to finish setting it up. Which I have not had time to do.

If I use the app it tells me that it's checking my account and it goes into a loop.

How do I get this problem fixed, so I can see my data usage meter once again?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @strykerzr350- Thank you for your detailed post and for visiting the Xfinity Forums. Apologies for any inconvenience when using Xfinity Apps. There has been a recent consolidation of the apps and we'll want to be sure to switch to the Xfinity app by downloading it free from Google Play or the App Store, or texting "APP" to 266278, if you had not done so already. Next, let's go ahead and open the app and tap Internet on the menu bar or on the Overview screen. You’ll see your current data usage in a box at the bottom. Tap that box to view data that was used in previous months. Please let us know if this info helped. Thank you! 

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ Sadly I have already tried that, I got put into a loop with chat bot where it kept saying the same thing.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Thank you for the update @strykerzr350 and trying that out. Do you happen to have one of our xFi Gateways? If so, you can try to view your data usage by instead going to Connect > View WiFi equipment > Advanced settings > Data Usage.

Outside of that, have you tried the following steps to see if this makes any difference?
1. Sign out and sign back in
2. Clear the cache of the app on the device you are using
3. Uninstall and then reinstall the app

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

That did not work either, I have had this problem before a system refresh was all I needed to do. But I cannot do that as the device page says my main TV box is offline. Which it isn't offline cause I am watching it now. Not only that it shows a status of my master bedroom XiD box being unavailable as well.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

1 year ago

I even changed my password for my Xfinity account and still nothing fixed this. When I signed up for ACP it told me they needed more information, I have no idea if that is what made my account mess up or anything. Now I regret signing up for ACP.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for trying all those steps and working with us. Let's see about starting a ticket. Please send us your full name and complete address in a Direct Message. 

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

1 year ago

I was wondering if I could continue our DMs in regards to my problem I have a few concerns I would like to get fixed. I now have access to my data usage meter.

Instead of blindly messaging the support DMs I would like to have permission to do so, to not break terms of service here.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Absolutely, we can work with you in the DM. We appreciate you reaching out in public first. Here are the directions should you need themCould you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

1 year ago

Never heard back from the support DM after I DM'd it. Was just bumping this to see if we could proceed with troubleshooting. 

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@strykerzr350 I can definitely continue assisting you via DM. It's important that we get this sorted out for you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here