CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2022 7:52 PM

Closed

Activating iPhones in SOS Mode

We’re aware some customers are having difficulty activating or using their new iPhone 14, iPhone 13, or iPhone SE 3rd generation. If you have one of these devices and you’re seeing “SOS” in the status bar on your device, you may need to set up your eSIM to get your device to function properly. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Ensure your device has been activated.
    1. If you’re activating a new iPhone 13, 14 or SE (third generation), you should have received a push notification titled “Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed” once the activation completed.
      1. If you haven’t received this push notification, it may mean that the activation hasn’t finished yet. Normally it takes approximately 10 minutes to receive the push notification but may take as long as 30 minutes.
      2. If you didn’t receive or don’t recall receiving this push notification, you can try to install the Carrier Cellular Plan manually, using the following steps.

1. Install the Carrier Cellular Plan manually:
    1. On your device, go to Settings and tap “Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to be Installed”.
    2. Then click “Continue” (at the bottom of the screen); the eSIM should now download and install.
    3. Once the eSIM is installed, you’ll need to reset the Network Settings on your device.

1. Reset the Network Settings:
    1. On your device, go to Settings, then General, then Transfer or Reset Device, then Reset, and finally Reset Network Settings.
    2. Once you reset the network setting, you’ll need to restart your device.

1. Restart your device by turning if off and then on.
    1. Your device should start up in roughly five minutes.

In most cases, performing the steps as outlined above will force your device to exit SOS mode and begin functioning normally. If this doesn’t work, please perform the steps above one more time.

If these steps still don’t activate your device, it may be due to some other issue. For assistance, please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team directly by chatting with us at comca.st/3hxnpaZ or texting or calling (888) 936-4968. (Due to account security concerns, we’re unable to perform any device or account specific requests here.)

You can also find more information on eSIM, including setting up an eSIM on iPhone, in Apple Support at About eSIM on iPhone.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The issue I'm having is that my phone has been in the activation process for over a week, so there isn't an option for "Carrier cellular plan ready to be installed." despite the SOS. I was told that I'd be reached out to if there were any issues found, but I haven't received anything about there being an issue. I'm switching from Cricket (which I've read should only be around 72 hours to activate at most), so why is this taking so long? Any help would be appreciated.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I am sorry about the rough experience getting your mobile service up and running. Our Xfinity Mobile team can help with all aspects of your service. You can reach out to them by: Text:1(888) 936-4968 Call:1(888) 936-4968 Chat: https://comca.st/3UwLFM1

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Xfinity_user1090f1​ 

im having the same issue I’m ready to give up on them all together and go to AT&T.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I am sorry that the issue has persisted, @user_mae. We don't want you to cancel your service and want to see this issue resolved. Have you reached out to the Xfinity Mobile team by calling, texting, or chatting? They can help. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have reached out the them after an hour of listening to 3 different off shore reps and disconnected,  put on hold, etc and still have NO resolve.  The chatting online system [Edited: "Language"] and does NOt HELP AT ALL!!!!!! CALLING ONLY CONNECTS YOU TO OFF SHORE REPS WHO HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SET UP  A NEW PHONE....BASIC AND INCOMPETENT 

THERE IS  NO ONE TO HELP AND NO ONE TO CONTACT BY PHONE OR EMAIL OR  TEXT

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ THERE IS NO ONE TO HELP.  I AM TRYING TO SET UP MY PHONE AND IT'S IN SOS MODE, NEEDS UNLOCKED, ON HOLD NOW LISTENING TO MUSIC FOR OVER AN HOUR 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My phone was working and got kicked into SOS mode for some reason. 

Someone asked me to remove the eSim and I have not been able to get it back yet. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_62c7e9​  same thing happened to me. Apalling

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_d88c95. Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your mobile questions. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device. You may also use our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your residential service(s), and we'll be here 24/7 to assist you however we can!

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Please stop telling people to call or chat, [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. You NEED to bring customer support back to the US and stop this [Edited: "Language"] from foreign people who we can barely understand and don't know how to help. 21 days and my iPhone is now in SOS mode after calling and getting a rep to help me port IN a phone number. I have been able to use it exactly 24 hours before your support team [Edited: "Language"] my account up AGAIN!!!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ THIS IS A JOKE!!! I HAVE BEEN CALLING FOR OVER 5 DAYS NOW AND STILL NO HELP AND HAVE REQUESTED A SUPERVISOR NOW 4 TIMES AND STILL NO SERVICE! YOU ALL NEED TO TELL PEOPLE BEFORE ORDERING A $1,000 PHONE THAT YOU SERVICES DON'T WORK WITH THIS PHONE IF YOU ARE BRINGING OVER A NEW NUMBER! INSTEAD OF WASTING FOLKS TIME AND ENERGY!! I'M RETURNING THIS PHONE AND PRAY I DONT CANCEL MY OTHER LINES!!!

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

I'm truly apologetic that you're experiencing issues with your service, and I know how frustrating it can be. We do not have access to Xfinity Mobile accounts, so you will need to work with them directly to resolve the issue. However, you can also go into the Xfinity Mobile store if you'd like. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I've been trying to activate for four days. So far at least five agents have been unhelpful. Come on Xfinity!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Pretty much the same as the others. Comcast support says it will take up to 7 days... umm no. THey are wrong. 

I have a 12 Max Pro, not the ones listed, but it is in SOS mode. I am on hold right now for the 4th or 5th call  have put in. Its been 7days. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_7a4e14​  what is the issue here ans what steps did you take to resolve please?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

[Edited: "Language"]! Im about ready to go to another provider!!!!!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I wish this method worked for everyone, but there are some significant issues in the backend of the system for accounts like mine and others that we cannot see or resolve ourselves.

I'm being held hostage since Friday 9/16. I have a brand new iphone 14 purchased directly through XM that doesn't activate and they say I can't return it. I've not had working service through nearly this entire nine day span. The mobile support people I call end up randomly making changes to see if it works, and then make vague promises of it fixing itself within hours or days just to get me off the line. Multiple times now they've made changes that messed up my account worse than when the call session started. It's infuriating.

Browsing these forums in the last week I've kind of learned the cycle of support pain Xfinity Mobile puts people through:

- Here in these forums they say you need to contact the experts at XM support to get an issue resolved.

- XM text support says I gotta go to the store because only they can activate these iPhones to bypass the SOS no signal issue.

- I go to the store and they have no such tools and have to call in to phone support for help.

- I call in to phone support myself and they just dead-end me after a few hours of hold times and random troubleshooting that doesn't fix anything, then lie about doing a callback/continuation of support that never happens just to get me off the line.

- And then the next morning I wake up and realize I have to start over with support again if I want any kind of resolution to this nightmare.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@super56k​ I have been stuck in this same cycle. I would like to know if you had it resolved or just had to switch carriers.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@super56k​ I’m now experiencing this same nightmare.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I spoke to one guy in advance support and he told me that some phones are giving an error and will not work with an eSIM.  He told me to go to the Xfinity mobile store and get a physical sim card then call Xfinity support back and ask for the "advanced support" team. It took about an hour on the phone and I had to explain all of that to the new person I got on the line when I called back in to the advance support department but we finally got it fixed and my phone was only down "in SOS mode" as long as it took me to get to the store and wait on the line for a new support person to get it fixed.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My phone has been off two days and xfinity can’t help sadly

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Sos mode

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Hello @Mrdontplay6500 thank you for reaching out through our forum. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at (Xfinity Assistant)[https://comca.st/3DVUclD] where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

[Edited: "Solicitation"], lot of people had this issue and xfinity can’t do anything about it. We’re switching carriers.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wow

That [Edited: "Language"] I’m now with you on this journey

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Same thing is happening to me with no end in sight! I'm going on day 6. And I can't even cancel because they have to text or call me for a PIN to transfer my line to another company AND I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY PHONE. I can't call, text or anything. It's stuck on SIM Not Supported screen. I've talked to who knows how many agents, gone to the store 3 times and the apple store to try and fix it. I've repeated myself literally dozens of times. No one will give me a date when this issue will be fixed even though they said they'd call me in 72 hours (which has long passed since it's been 6 days). 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I had same problem my number is being held hostage a chat service is ridiculous they made the situation worse

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is all a bunch of [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My Xfinity iPhone 14 Pro Max was activated and working but the camera didn’t work. The Apple Store gave me a new phone but they couldn’t get it activated and sent me back to the Xfinity Store. After five hours at the store they managed to finally get my phone number off my old phone (which I then had to give back to Apple because they gave me the new one). The new phone still isn’t activated (12 hours later). There is supposedly a Tier 3 work order but they have no idea of timing. When I tried to follow up to see that it was actually being worked on I was just on hold for hours. The Xfinity Store blames Apple but my friends with other carriers are not having a problem. The store says it is out of their hands, you can’t get anyone on the phone to help. I run a business off my phone, I am essentially out of business for the unforeseeable future. With no help in sight whatsoever. 

New Problem Solver

• 

169 Messages

Hi @user_b93a52 and thanks for reaching out to us at the Xfinity Digital Care Team!

Thanks for bringing this issue to our concern! I'm so sorry for how this is impacting your business and rest assured we would be happy to help! Can you please create a separate public post explaining the concerns you are having? Once that is completed, a team member would be happy to help further! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_b93a52​ I'm in the exact same spot. I got my replacement iphone 14 pro max from apple on Saturday last week and haven't had service on it ever since. Please tell me if you have service now.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve had this issue as well. I’ve spent about 25 hours trying to get this resolved - I spoke to Xfinity employees via chat, phone (tier1, tier2 and tier3). I was given a confirmation number on Monday and told that my phone wouldn’t be in SOS mode within a day. I called back the next day for an update, waited for 3 hours (apparently tier 1 and tier2  representatives don’t have access to the same system as tier3 representatives, but it took 2 hours to get hold of tied3). Then I was told it would take another 2 days for this to be resolved. It’s now 8 days since I reported the issue. I’m not wasting my time speaking to poorly trained and ill-equipped customer service agents - will be returning my phone and switching back to Verizon where the wait time is 3 minutes and the agents actually have a clue of what’s going on. PEACE OUT forever Xfinity!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

This issue isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. I've been waiting almost a week and have spent countless hours on the phone, in the store and driving around (which ain't cheap). I agree with all these people that this has been an awful experience. Leaving Xfinity mobile today and haven't even been a customer for a week (and NO service). 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

For those of you having issues activating your new iPhone, follow these steps:

Go to https://www.xfinitymobile.com/activate

Login to your account, then click on the device you are transferring from.

Click on Replace Your Device.

Click Bring Your Own.

Click iPhone, then click Next.

Enter your 15-digit IMEI, then click Next.

Follow the prompts to migrate your SIM to the eSIM.

Takes approximately 5 minutes to activate.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@jjsimonjr​  This does not work. If you are stuck on the "SIM Not Supported" screen, don't do this.

Thanks for trying to help. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I also tried this and it says my phone not supported

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

This worked for me a couple days ago after seeing your post. I feel like @jjsimonjr should get paid for my month's worth of service this month.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@jjsimonjr​  Thank you for posting this - worked right away on both of our phones. I was ready to take back the phones and forever quit Xfinity Mobile. It was such an easy solution - don't you wonder why none of the "geniuses" who drove me crazy were able to help.

Thanks again

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

There is absolutely no accountability with xfinity and their customer service.  I am having the same issue of trying to activate in SOS mode.  I have done all of the above.  I spent 3.5 hours yesterday and over an hour today.  The "senior" rep I spoke to last night was supposed to call me at 10am.  It is now 1pm and no call.  So I called, I waited on hold, was transferred, another 30 minutes on hold, spoke briefly with a rep who then promptly hung up on me.  Now I am back on the hold loop and nobody is helping me.  My phone worked perfectly before I transferred to xfinity mobile.  Now the activation process has rendered the phone useless and nobody will help me fix it.

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

@nursebetty1969​ can you provide details on how you tried to activate and transfer your number to xfinity? Did you speak with an agent on the phone or try and go online at xfinitymobile.com?  Are you able to log on the xM site and check the status of the device?  Does is it provide any status ? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@nursebetty1969​ 

I am having the same problem with these people. Here let me help you the same way Xfinity does.

”Im sorry about you [insert issue here]. Have you tried calling our customer support line?” 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityChad2​ Yes I spoke with several agents on the phone, I also spent hours on chat with agent.  Every time I spoke with someone, they had me do the same things over and over.  They tried several times to blame it as an issue with the phone itself....well that is a big fat lie because the phone worked perfectly up until the moment I tried to transfer from ATT to Xfinity.  Whenever the person on the phone ran out of ideas, they would hang up on me and then I had to start the process of holding forever and explaining the problem again to the next person when I called back.  After the final 2+ hour phone call they finally got the phone on the cellular network.  I asked to escalate the situation and to speak with a manager or supervisor several times during this ordeal and was never allowed to speak with one.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@nursebetty1969​ by far you are right the worst service ever

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Is it better to transfer data and apps directly from iPhone to iPhone or download from iCloud?

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @user_817df8, thanks for reaching out! We would highly recommend reaching out to ur Xfinity Mobile team with any questions or concerns that you may have. Our mobile team can be reached at 888-936-4968. I'm confident they will be able to help! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We have been loyal Xfinity customers for years and use them for mobile phones, cable TV, and internet.  We bought our daughter an iPhone 14 - it has been a nightmare for the past 2 weeks.  We had this same SOS issue.  We have spent over 40 hours in stores, on chats, on  the phone.  We have been escalated to several tiers, several times - we have eventually been told to return the phone.  We are waiting on that and cannot get a new phone until that is received.

Much like many other people on this post, I and my family of 5 are considering switching our service for all these things over the way we have been treated throughout this.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I am so sorry to hear about your experience, @Schaf71. And we certainly appreciate you trying to reach out through the phone, chat, and in-store. Just to make sure we are on the same page. Is this the phone number you tried to contact 1 (888) 936-4968? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

OMG. xfinity has no solution for this issue. I am stuck on the phone with them, waiting on my fourth person to try and figure it out.  They don't know what they are doing. They are not providing the support necessary to offer cellular service. If I can't get this fixed in the next 1 hour I am finding a new carrier tomorrow. Sorry, but the cheap cell service price is no where worth the lack of customer support KNOWLEDGE. Yes, you have to know [Edited: "Language"] you are doing to offer cellular service!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here