cmw112's profile

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

Friday, April 28th, 2023 2:20 AM

Closed

updated box how do I look up On Demand shows

So  I got an updated box today and it is overwhelming.  Does anyone know how to look up a show On Demand??  For instance, if I want to see the latest Law and Order how  do I find it??  Thanks

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @cmw112! Thank you for reaching on our community forum. I realize a new setup can take some getting used to, and we're happy to help. It sounds like you have our X1 box and voice remote, is that right? 

If so, I have some links that can definitely help! 
The first is getting to know you're remote
This one is also great for how to search Xfinity on demand. May favorite way to search is using the voice button though, you can simply say into your remote "Law and Order". 

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

@XfinityJennifer​ Thanks for the info...  I am having a hard time  with everything having pictures instead of listing the info......  And how long do the remotes work??   If there is a charge for a show, how will I know.. Before it would say buy.. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey I can understand that and get where you are coming from. I have had a remote last for well over 6 years or even more. A new remote came out so I got the upgraded one before the last one stopped working. 
If you are trying to rent a movie or purchase one you will get a new pop up screen that notifies you and will have you confirm the purchase. Something I did was set up a Purchase PIN. Here is how you can do the Purchase PIN:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-parental-controls-turn-puchase-protection-on-off

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

1 year ago

will the purchase pin I set up on my legacy box still work on a new X1 or will I need to setup a new code?

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

Hi there  @

Bulkington  You would need to set up a new pin for the new box. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here